Lupe interview on Sway bout the Pete Rock situation, he mad as fukk

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Yes nothing in the interview explains why Pete Rock did what he did so I am not seeing the point in you asking me that question. I was commenting on what I thought would be Pete Rock's motivation to be an a$$hole towards Lupe/the beat.
Cause in the interview he clearly said he reached to to Pete and Pete was cool with it..so what's the motivation AFTER u give someone the ok to do something?..Pete made it seem like Lupe aint reach out to him at all..

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Okay, so yesterday there were tweets from PR sayin that him and Lupe squashed at and were gonna make history or sum sh1t

What happened since? Whats Lupe sayin with Sway?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Can someone summarize what happened? Im at work :sadbron:

Lupe dropped a single for his new album....it uses the same sample as "TROY"....Pete Rock got on Twitter, heated, saying they're wack for using that sample, it's a tribute song to his dead homie, etc.

A couple days later Pete Rock posts that it's been squashed.

Lupe does an interview today, saying Pete Rock is wack for this, because he talked to him 6 months ago about using the sample. He also says he talked to Pete recently, after the Twitter shyt, and that it wasn't "squashed", that Pete apologized.

Make of that what you will. Someone is lying.

Fred.

SirSmokeCrackAlot

Senior Crackhead
Daps
Cause in the interview he clearly said he reached to to Pete and Pete was cool with it..so what's the motivation AFTER u give someone the ok to do something?..Pete made it seem like Lupe aint reach out to him at all..

But how do we know Lupe aint just full of shyt or misunderstood Petes "blessing"

SirSmokeCrackAlot

Senior Crackhead
Daps
This interview is in RESPONSE to Pete and his ranting..Pete gave his reasons why he was mad..and Lupe is responding to it..

Yes but Lupes response includes the accusation that Pete was cool with this. Pete needs a chance to respond to that since thats a crucial point.

SirSmokeCrackAlot

Senior Crackhead
Daps
If I reach out to a nikka for 6 straight months..and a nikka say somethin is cool..it's cool..if he really ain't feel that way..he shoulda never ok'd it..closed mouths don't get fed..period..

But how do you know thats what really happened?

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Yes but Lupes response includes the accusation that Pete was cool with this. Pete needs a chance to respond to that since thats a crucial point.

U right..but I don't see why he would lie..plus he brought other people into it as being present..so why would Lu drag other people into his lie?..he even dragged his label into it..Lu's producer basically said what Lu said in this interview about how they felt about remaking the track..Pete was spazzing about the producers remaking the beat and they said that they didn't have any choice but to remake it cause it was impossible to get it cleared..