Luke Cage - CANCELLED! By Netflix

Loken

All Star
Daps
well if it does come back its gonna be on Hulu lets not forget while Disney doesn't put out R rated shows it doesn't necessarily mean they wont have them under subsidiaries they own hell they put out Quentin Tarantino’s Pulp Fiction & Kill Bill Volume 1 and Volume 2 under Miramax (that they owned at the time) and Miramax owned the genre label Dimension Films who put out From Dusk Till Dawn

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
well if it does come back its gonna be on Hulu lets not forget while Disney doesn't put out R rated shows it doesn't necessarily mean they wont have them under subsidiaries they own hell they put out Quentin Tarantino’s Pulp Fiction & Kill Bill Volume 1 and Volume 2 under Miramax (that they owned at the time) and Miramax owned the genre label Dimension Films who put out From Dusk Till Dawn

tenor.gif

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Can’t prove a negative tho. You can either go with what’s there or just make an assumption. And since I don’t know anything other than what’s being reported and won’t know, I’m going with what’s reported. I’d rather go off reported facts than assumptions unless I know more than what’s being reported. And since I don’t and since this isn’t the first time this has happened, I have no actual reason to believe otherwise.

If dismissing race is naive then assuming race is myopic and stereotypical

:what:No it isn’t

It’s going off the racist history of Hollywood.... and the racist history of America as a whole

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
:russ: my nikka got over that shyt in 12 minutes flat :laff:

I was thinking the same thing.:DyingLaughing:

nikka snapped & recovered with the quickness.:EtherBurn:

:pachaha:

It had just hit me in between those posts though...Daredevil is arguably the best Marvel-flix show, the new season just dropped...and I couldn't really care less and would rather take the time to play Dragon Quest 11 (JRPG of the generation btw :wow:). Luke Cage season 2 was definitely better than the first....but I'll live. Like I said, if not for the cast (particularly the fine ass women :noah:), I'd fall off that wagon too.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:what:No it isn’t

It’s going off the racist history of Hollywood.... and the racist history of America as a whole

It is in thinking that everything bad that happens to a black show is race related. That’s the issue. If we’re going g to attribute race to every bad thing that happens to a back show then it becomes white noise. You gotta allow for the fact a black show can be treated and should be treated like any other show on tv and goes through the same issues and hurdles. Hundreds of shows have been cancelled for this exact reason. Black white or otherwise. So to always say it’s insidious reasons every single time is a disservice to the show itself and ignorant.

I’m not saying it doesn’t happen but to say every instance is it happening just makes it silly. Which is why I say it’s myopic because it becomes binary. If the show survives it’s black excellence. If the show is canceled it’s becahse they didn’t want black excellence. That logic allows for noting in between, including the realities of business. Creative differences have killed many a project. Sometimes it’s a director and actor not getting along. Sometimes it’s the actors not liking the material. And sometimes it’s the studio not being satisfied with what they’re getting. But here it has to be race?

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Nah hell nah this gotta be some ploy for that damn Disney service :dahell::dwillhuh:
Thats what I"m thinking.
Disney said fukk giving Netflix product when we are getting in the game ourselves. Probably told all Disney properties to up the demands and kill it this way rather than outright say they are canceling to move to their own service.

Coming to Disney Play, the Return of the Defenders. :troll:

Everything We Know About Disney's Secret New Streaming Service
When the possibility of a Disney-specific streaming service was first announced, there was some speculation about whether or not it would include the company's other properties. The service obviously becomes more appealing to blockbuster-loving movie fans if it's the only place to stream Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm projects. Would the studio let Netflix renew their deals on those titles? In September, CEO Bob Iger provided a definitive answer: The Force will be strong with this new streaming service.

"We’ve now decided we will put the Marvel and Star Wars movies on this app as well,” Iger told an audience during a question-and-answer session at a communications and entertainment conference. Given how central both the Marvel Cinematic Universe and the ever-expanding Star Wars-verse are to the company's future -- multiple entries in both series are basically planned to drop at least once a year for the rest of your life -- this makes sense from a business perspective. But it does raise an important question: Will this streaming service hold the exclusive streaming rights to the Star Wars Holiday Special?

At this point, we do know from a recent Variety article that Disney will not be distributing its major 2019 releases to streaming competitors like Netflix. (According to Variety, this will force Disney to say "goodbye to about $300 million in annual revenue.") Instead, movies like Captain Marvel, Dumbo, Toy Story 4, The Lion King, Frozen 2, and the next Star Wars installment will make their streaming debuts on what Iger refers to as the "Disney play" after they leave theaters.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

How EXACTLY do you know that Coker sacrificing was in the interest of the “greater” good?

Coker gave us two wonderful seasons, the second season bordering on fantastic. I’d trust HIS vision for the show over the networks any day of the week. You let the network start running things and you get Luke running around in a dress, Misty going under cover as a street whore who falls in love with a white man, and Mariah returning from the dead and doing the Thriller dance...
I don’t think the studio would’ve gone outside the box THAT much. They know the audience who watches. I’ll never know the details of what the issues were, but I know a lot writers/creators treat every project like their baby. Unless it was truly egregious, black representation should have come into the decision (if the ball was in his court).

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
0e50eefa29d62509b6befa72ca57b3b5.png

Whoever's idea it was to contractually mandate 13 episodes per season for these MarvFlix shows probably did themselves financial good but shot themselves in the foot when it comes to quality. Even the VP of programming said they fukked up in that department in deals/negotiations with 3rd party partners (ie. Disney/Marvel) earlier on in the Netflix run.

All of these superhero shows, every single season is essentially not worth watching between episodes 5 and 11 and that is a huge factor in all of this. 1-4, 12 and 13 are the only episodes that matter and it's done then all a huge disservice and a part of the reason they're critically shaky and the watchability varies from year to year.

Thus making them easy to cancel the moment stuff like poor scripts or backroom turmoil comes into play.

Netflix: These scripts ain't it, y'all ain't bringing in trophies, y'all are a hassle and we don't own this... :hubie:Good luck in your future business.
They also don't mention none of the films. Nor does it factor at all in any of the shows and it made the shows less connected which is why I saw it's a failure.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It is in thinking that everything bad that happens to a black show is race related. That’s the issue. If we’re going g to attribute race to every bad thing that happens to a back show then it becomes white noise. You gotta allow for the fact a black show can be treated and should be treated like any other show on tv and goes through the same issues and hurdles. Hundreds of shows have been cancelled for this exact reason. Black white or otherwise. So to always say it’s insidious reasons every single time is a disservice to the show itself and ignorant.

I’m not saying it doesn’t happen but to say every instance is it happening just makes it silly. Which is why I say it’s myopic because it becomes binary. If the show survives it’s black excellence. If the show is canceled it’s becahse they didn’t want black excellence. That logic allows for noting in between, including the realities of business. Creative differences have killed many a project. Sometimes it’s a director and actor not getting along. Sometimes it’s the actors not liking the material. And sometimes it’s the studio not being satisfied with what they’re getting. But here it has to be race?
Bruh you being mad sanctimonious as if there was a wealth of information and context being missed out on by the disappointed folks.

"Creative differences" and "back room arguements" is vauge as fukk and doesn't explain or justify anything. Please stop with the "adult in the room" act and have a seat

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
I bailed on Jessica Jones mid way through the first season....shyt didn't hold my attention.

The Punisher Season 1 was decent but took way too long to hit it's stride. I'm looking forward to season 2 though.

The Defenders? Never seen it.

Daredevil - I gotta finish the 1st season still.

Iron Fist - Looks wack.

I really hope hulu picks up Luke Cage...it can't go out like this.