Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
It was everywhere you stupid c00n
http://www.thecoli.com/posts/20455504/

Revisionist retard

Ok you whiny fukk. I'm supposed to remember a post from a nondescript ass nikka from 2016?
And it certainly wasn't "everywhere". Certain groups of people deliberately sabotaged that film.
I reiterate never disrespected the woman but her movie looked like crap. She'll be fine.
Motherfukker.

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
We don’t respect wenching and c00ning which is what a wrinkle in time was. Make a good movie showing strong black relationships and people will watch. It’s that simple really :yeshrug:

It was a 50 year old book backed by Oprah who found a Black director to film....... meanwhile.....its PAWG this and PAWG that on this bytch..........:mjlol:

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
Black women are underrepresented in film, we should be celebrating the fact that a sista made a movie with a black young lead, when’s the last time you saw that?

Second, the point of the film was to empower women, especially young women and its celebrated for being a mostly female cast and crew. All the leading roles were women, all the men in the movie had small roles.

None of this means that we shouldn't be able to fairly critique her work.

The movie wasn't that good, was blatantly crammed with every complaint of representation in previous movies, a gang of plot holes....and most importantly, bombed at the box office.

the audience it was truly trying to get (white women and their children) , chose to go see black panther instead.

Black people need to get past being afraid to critique black folks work outside of the realm of rap.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
I never had even given a Wrinkle in time a second thought. The only reason I have heard about the film was on TheColi. So I went to YouTube and saw the trailer. After watching the trailer I decided that it wasn't for me.

Sometimes things are just that simple.

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
None of this means that we shouldn't be able to fairly critique her work.

The movie wasn't that good, was blatantly crammed with every complaint of representation in previous movies, a gang of plot holes....and most importantly, bombed at the box office.

the audience it was truly trying to get (white women and their children) , chose to go see black panther instead.

Black people need to get past being afraid to critique black folks work outside of the realm of rap.

I’ll be the first to admit the movie wasn’t good :hubie: but that’s not what this thread is about.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Last edited:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
1st black woman to direct a $100 M film. Even if it's not my taste, why would I hate? Because the main character is biracial? Are we gonna pretend that there aren't biracial kids and IR in America? The biracial women posted on these boards have gotten quite a bit of love (for their features really). Ava has gotten a chance to take her craft to the next level with a very big project. More power to her and I hope she succeeds. I haven't seen any reason why anyone black would have a problem with this movie. Other than personal preferences.

You know what the crazy thing about ya'll saying this is she specifically made the father white because she didn't want to perpetuate that "black father not in their child's life" stereotype. Damned if you do, damned if you don't I guess.

Has this been confirmed or is that an assumption?

Confirmed. She said it on Hot97 and The Breakfast Club.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Don't get me wrong. There is nothing wrong with critiquing someones work on its merits Black white or otherwise. But that other thread was wishing for her to fail and calling the director a bedwench was doing too much. Sometimes on this forum there are a contigent of posters who only want to see heterosexual Black men succeed and only want stories that extoll the virtues of heterosexual Black men and anything else is 'agenda' or anti Black male.