Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Have you seen her films?

Middle of nowhere?
Did you really use this as example of a positive portrayal of black males?

Middle of nowhere? about woman coming to terms with her black convict husband going to jail?
this is exactly what i'm saying. I already get to see nikka's being deadbeats or locked up from white directors
:deadmanny:

Last edited:

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
Isn't this the same breh who said that he's not ugly enough to have black women checking for him?

:what: :martin:

Man, get the fukk out of here.

:camby:
I never said that u uneducated buffoon.

I said I got ALL women checking for me and therefore it’s hard to solely be with a bW.

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
A black director should be able to do more than just have minor roles for brotha's in film. I can watch any white film and see a black guy as a side kick or supporting character.

Black women are underrepresented in film, we should be celebrating the fact that a sista made a movie with a black young lead, when’s the last time you saw that?

Second, the point of the film was to empower women, especially young women and its celebrated for being a mostly female cast and crew. All the leading roles were women, all the men in the movie had small roles.

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
You know what the crazy thing about ya'll saying this is she specifically made the father white because she didn't want to perpetuate that "black father not in their child's life" stereotype. Damned if you do, damned if you don't I guess.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but from what I've heard on and offline, he is not a deadbeat in any shape or form. So, that's bullshyt.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Black women are underrepresented in film, we should be celebrating the fact that a sista made a movie with a black young lead, when’s the last time you saw that?

Second, the point of the film was to empower women, especially young women and its celebrated for being a mostly female cast and crew. All the leading roles were women, all the men in the movie had small roles.
fine, i accept that. Like I said before, i'm not rooting for her to fail.

HellRell804

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man it's 2018, I don't know bout y'all but I'm off that black people hive mind bullshyt. I'm expected to support every black person white folks put in front of me, but the rub is that white folks only put black folks with destructive agendas in front of me. :camby:

Can't speak on this movie because it looks like it was made for preteen girls, therefore I had no interest in seeing it but I do know I'm bout sick of marketing campaigns and news articles that basically boil down to "you're black you should be doing/buying/voting/supporting (insert whatever b.s. they selling)"

Make a good product and collect the rewards, don't and you flop.

Ps after parting ways with "White daddy" Mark King, everything Oprah touches turns to shyt. She lucky as hell Tyler Perry saved her network and kept the value high enough for her to sell.