Low-key...Miami sucks and is overrated

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Lol, they have Black people in Miami too. So you GOTTA live in two cities to have the Black experience now? So if you're not fond of the nouveau "Black Meccas" than you're on that :mjpls: now? That's the problem, Black folks only wanna claim 3 or 4 cities as the de facto cities where we should ALL move too, lest we be on that :mjpls:

Personally, The West coast cities have caught my interest more than any other city in the US.

On the low, a lot of black folk can't stand to be separated from exotic looking Hispanic women. It's like if your dimepieces in your city are a bunch of Black American women of various skin shades, it's considered "bad" because of a lack of "diversity"

Again, I only see the simps and c00ns defend then places. At least the rednecks in the outskirts of Houston and Atlanta know what to expect, and vice versa.

DUCKED_OFF

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Florida
Miami has culture...you have to leave south beach

slide to lil haiti and get some griot or conch:ohlawd:

slide to lil havana and get some arroz con pollo and a jupina

but I will never live there tho, I would rather stay here in tampa...this city is growing everyday but the only thing I don't like is we don't have any black events here but one and thats a few days before mlk, and we have no non hood black clubs...you only got hood spots or mixed spots

Edub

Veteran
Daps
I really don't think its THAT great of a city. Lets be honest.

You damn near gotta speak Spanish, theres no real culture here, its vain as hell, and theres no real middle class. Jobs are scarce. The economy is transient. All the attractions are weak.

I mean, the weather is alright, but you might as well go to Tampa and be in a way more chill, progressive, up-and-coming environment.

Yea, they need to come down off that high horse

Larry Lambo

Superstar
Daps
Btw, do you Miami people consider yourself Southern, or East Coast?

Strange, because when I hear Ross, Trick Daddy, Denzel Curry, Trina, etc. talk, it's a super modernized Southern accent, then you have the Cubans migrating, huge Haitian population, etc.

I was curious as to what part of the city identified as Southern regional affiliation versus. all these transplants and shyt, ruining the integrity of your city's main accent.

I never felt major similarities with the "South" growing up in Miami. It's a mesh of Carribean, Southern, and Northeast

That's my experience. I'm sure you'll find people that consider Miami very southern. But that's what I saw growing up.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
1. ATL is a relatively liberal city. Almost shockingly so, considering its in Georgia. Probably the most liberal big-city in the "South"...outside of like Asheville or other college towns.

2. its not that gay. theres a lot of liberals here, so theres a lot of gays. but don't overrate that shyt.

3. ATL definitely has invested in public works and recreation
Atlanta ain't the rest of Georgia but the rest of GA isn't as bad as y'all think but it's pretty fukking bad

Gifted one

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Black Miami by Marvin Dunn is the documentary that tells Miami''s black history but the book is way better than the film. Miami and south Florida as a whole is filled with black history especially considering the fact that the reconstruction period basically gave birth to Broward. Dania and Hallandale were part of Miami at one point. Overtown is a shythole but you still have the historic lyric theater there, Jacksons soul food on 3rd ave, old Clyde pool hall on 2nd across from the lyric, you got the Hampton house in liberty city which is where mlk would frequent. MLK was always in liberty city with the black professionals and Malcolm was always in overtown for the most part and would frequent liberty city time to time. He was a key figure in building the mosque here on 7th ave. Liberty city is filled with culture, the African heritage cultural arts center, The Tacolcy center, Hampton house are all historical landmarks to any real Miami native. I wouldn't suggest you to go to the beans unless you know people there, but when you go to the eastern point of the beans, the wall that segregated the blacks from whites is still there but chopped down a bit. You got smoke signals studio in Lil Haiti on 46th, that's where my homie crib is at, many people from Mos Def, Saul Williams, Talib, David Banner, and other known people would hang there and even hold concerts and parties, you got the Little Haiti cultural center as well. Lots of these areas is being sadly gentrified. But there is tons of culture and history to Dade county, up north in Broward you have historical black communities like Sistrunk, Danie, Pompano, Liberia, the ranches, Hallandale, and Deerfield that have a lot of landmarks(some of these places you have to know someone from there because it could get spooky for you :merchant: ) but if you do research you'll find some dope history. As for social things to do, check out urbanMiami because they do showcase a lot of dope local events in the area besides the typical club life.