Low-key...Miami sucks and is overrated

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
theres a lot of caveats in your defense breh :francis:
Dade County is made up of small towns. Many of which are solidly middle class and far from poor. Miami proper it's self is tiny(geographically speaking). When people bring up the poverty in Miami, they're usually limited to a few particular neighborhoods. Rough city, surrounded by middle class cities. But even then, there's quite a few neighborhoods in Miami that are stable communities. Again, Miami being poverty stricken outside of SoBe is one of the more exaggerated claims. SoBe isn't part of Miami for one, so why folks would even be using it as a contrast to dump on Miami proper is weird to me. But even then, Miami proper has it's gems.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Ah, so North Florida is like all the Northern half states on that edge of the Coast?

Example, like how Southerners consider North Carolina "East Coast" (which is bullshyt to me), DC being divided, and New Yorkers regarding Upstate/Northern New York to be transparent havens, not "REALLY" indicative of the city's culture itself.
Pretty much.

Armchair Militant

Stay woke
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Because you hang around AAs mostly, no?
There were school-district wide bangouts back in the day (sometimes still today), and the division was incredibly clear then.

Yeah, there's mostly AAs and Haitians in my area. Growing up, I went to to school around Hispanics from a bunch of different countries.

SunGod

All Star
Daps
?

It seems like some black folk in here hate living in areas where "exotic" looking Hispanic women are not in abundance. :mjpls:
You see that? They even mention the same places every time they're talking about cities with the most beautiful women. Every single time.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Tampa is lit like that? I have had homies who went to Florida and they say Tampa is wack as fukk and not lit like Miami.
I been to both, these nikkas exaggerating

Job market in florida as s whole is shaky, almost like it wont lead to anything unless u plan on moving, it's very complacent if that makes sense

Legendary skatepark is in Tampa if you're into that scene, might see lil wayne or famous skaters come through

Art wise they dont have a collective style, very individualistic and broken up imo

And alot of people here are overlooking the overwhelming amount of OLD people in florida :scust: a lot of things are the way they are to cater to that crowd

Summers are disgustingly hot, 5 minutes out the house and you sweating through all ya clothes. The nonstop warmth means fertile ground for ALL kinds of lizards/snakes/insects all over the place so you gotta be on top of protecting ya house from being invaded :whoa:

Random torrential rain any day of the week with no warning whatsoever.

The women are cool but once u wife one up you arent gonna care about the rest, beaches get old after a while

Imo florida as a whole is cool if you need a break from all of the stress/drama that comes with living in bigger market cities, once you're refreshed you're gonna wanna leave immediately. I'd suggest 3 months MAX in florida, anything more n you'll get restless

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
I been to both, these nikkas exaggerating

Job market in florida as s whole is shaky, almost like it wont lead to anything unless u plan on moving, it's very complacent if that makes sense

Legendary skatepark is in Tampa if you're into that scene, might see lil wayne or famous skaters come through

Art wise they dont have a collective style, very individualistic and broken up imo

And alot of people here are overlooking the overwhelming amount of OLD people in florida :scust: a lot of things are the way they are to cater to that crowd

Summers are disgustingly hot, 5 minutes out the house and you sweating through all ya clothes. The nonstop warmth means fertile ground for ALL kinds of lizards/snakes/insects all over the place so you gotta be on top of protecting ya house from being invaded :whoa:

Random torrential rain any day of the week with no warning whatsoever.

The women are cool but once u wife one up you arent gonna care about the rest, beaches get old after a while

Imo florida as a whole is cool if you need a break from all of the stress/drama that comes with living in bigger market cities, once you're refreshed you're gonna wanna leave immediately. I'd suggest 3 months MAX in florida, anything more n you'll get restless

So what you suggest as a good place to live as a black man? Don't say Atlanta.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
So what you suggest as a good place to live as a black man? Don't say Atlanta.
Atlanta is amazing for black people, no idea what your beef is with the place but it's the black american mecca whether you like it or not :ufdup:

as far as a good place for a black man, i don't look at places with that mindset cuz inherently racist people are in every city, can't escape it, i just try to stay away from those circles

i look at places based on

job market/potential income for said market in that area/cost of living/creative open mindedness of the local area

:yeshrug: at the end of the day we in america breh, looking for a black haven not named atlanta is gonna be a stretch, places with colleges that have a decent amount of blacks is always good money tho imo cuz they're gonna be the ones eager to build with anyone they meet. i've been in areas where it goes from white utopia STRAIGHT to impoverished hoods filled with black people and those are the HARDEST ones to get organized cuz there isn't any positive reinforcement around for them to see

Last edited:

Thierry Henry

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Emirates Stadium
I'm only on the first page of this thread...but nah, there's always things to do here

Miami got the baddest bytches of any city in the country. Can't ever suck for that reason.
the whole South Florida metro area, which spans 3 counties (Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach), all got bad bytches