Low-key...Miami sucks and is overrated

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Surrounding by their enemies.
RIGHT!! Florida at least went Blue in 2012. When was the last time Georgia went Blue?

:skip:

As Liberal as ATL proper is, the politics of the whole state of GA dictates alot of what happens in ATL proper. That's why MARTA isn't as expansive as it COULD or SHOULD be. If somebody hates Miami for Conservative Cubans, than good luck in other Southern states...

Daps
RIGHT!! Florida at least went Blue in 2012. When was the last time Georgia went Blue?

As Liberal as ATL proper is, the politics of the whole state of GA dictates alot of what happens in ATL proper. That's why MARTA isn't as expansive as it COULD or SHOULD be. If somebody hates Miami for Conservative Cubans, than good luck in other Southern states...

What does any of this have to do with anything?

Who cares about that liberal conservative mess.

Atlanta is a good city overall and will continue to grow.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A lot of the anti-haitian sentiment that I've seen comes from AAs though.
Because you hang around AAs mostly, no?
There were school-district wide bangouts back in the day (sometimes still today), and the division was incredibly clear then.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
What does any of this have to do with anything?

Who cares about that liberal conservative mess.

Atlanta is a good city overall and will continue to grow.
The person I quoted, mentioned they hate Miami because of Trump-supporting Cubans. My response was that every Southern state that Black people promote as the "New Black Mecca" is filled to the brim with Trump supporters. Even within their city limits. That's all I was saying.

Murkman

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Tha Grizzle State
Ive seen it too. I think he's referring to The Black Miami. Thats the name of the documentary I saw that discussed the history of Black Miami in depth. But I saw it in YouTube and had to pay about 3.00 to watch it. Good 3 dollar investment. Miami has such a great and interesting Black History. Overtown, Liberty City, Opa Locks and especially Coconut Grove, are all bubbling with History.

Btw, do you Miami people consider yourself Southern, or East Coast?

Strange, because when I hear Ross, Trick Daddy, Denzel Curry, Trina, etc. talk, it's a super modernized Southern accent, then you have the Cubans migrating, huge Haitian population, etc.

I was curious as to what part of the city identified as Southern regional affiliation versus. all these transplants and shyt, ruining the integrity of your city's main accent.

Last edited:

The Don

The Illest
Daps
Reppin
P-Town
Its straight. Really just a party town but you have to pay to breath air there.....its so dam expensive :wow:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Miami is pretty shytty.
Its poor, dangerous, small
, the per-capita fake-flexing is higher than any other city not named Los Angeles, a good chunk of the city is full of old-school racist Cubans, a lot of anti-Haitian sentiment to this day.
If you're not living in that shythole to be an entertainer, or retiring, there are far better cities in Florida to live in.
The fact that they sell those pathetic shacks they call homes for 400k+ is absolutely insane, more egregious than San Jose, and with far worse job prospects :mjlol:

If Miami annexed more surrounding suburbs like Houston, Atlanta, and other cities did, the overall city income would rise, and it's crime rate would drop. Fact of the matter is, Miami(unlike most Southern cities) has very strict and abrupt city-limits. So the only neighborhoods in the city proper that seem to standout are the poor impoverished neighborhoods that make up the Northwest/Northeast Quadrants. But even then, not all of Liberty City is THAT bad. There are some lovely blocks of Liberty City(believe it or not). Poverty is a problem for sure, but that's been overstated since Rick Ross dropped Hustlin'.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Btw, do you Miami people consider yourself Southern, or East Coast?

Strange, because when I hear Ross, Trick Daddy, Denzel Curry, Trina, etc. talk, it's a super modernized Southern accent, then you have the Cubans migrating, etc.

I was curious as to what part of the city identified as Southern regional affiliation versus. all these transplants and shyt, ruining the integrity of your city's main accent.
I consider South Florida Southern personally. There are still pockets of Conservatives and Rednecks in South Florida. And the Black-American population in South Florida, are just as culturally Southern as Black folks in Mississippi.

FcKuPaYmE

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Cubans and Haitians done took over Miami..especially Cubans. Tough out here for only English speaking nikkas, better learn Spanish and or creole. I still love my hometown though.:mjcry:

Last edited:

Murkman

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Tha Grizzle State
I consider South Florida Southern personally. There are still pockets of Conservatives and Rednecks in South Florida. And the Black-American population in South Florida, are just as culturally Southern as Black folks in Mississippi.

Ah, so North Florida is like all the Northern half states on that edge of the Coast?

Example, like how Southerners consider North Carolina "East Coast" (which is bullshyt to me), DC being divided, and New Yorkers regarding Upstate/Northern New York to be transparent havens, not "REALLY" indicative of the city's culture itself.

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

Kalik

Rasta in Babylon
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Florida / Bahamas
tampa got latinas? :patrice:
Yes breh. Ricans, Cubans, Dominican, Panamanian you name your flavor. And they all speak English first, no cism but it's not like Miami where they start speaking Espanol first, then adjust when you cant keep up. (Maybe they think I speak it)

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
A lot of the anti-haitian sentiment that I've seen comes from AAs though.

Lots of segregation here, educated blacks don't fukk and look down at non-educated blacks. Drive to pembroke pines, miramar or plantation looking bummy and black and watch all the uppity black folks look down at you.

Big difference between the conservative cubans ad the gun totting rednecks, the rednecks just don't pack up like roaches and raise the cost of living. Jacksonville is still quite cheap and so is Tampa Miami's issue is spics bunch up, raise up the cost, while hating the people around them. Think about it look how long people bash Miami's job market and after all these years it hasn't changed.why is that?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
If Miami annexed more surrounding suburbs like Houston, Atlanta, and other cities did, the overall city income would rise, and it's crime rate would drop. Fact of the matter is, Miami(unlike most Southern cities) has very strict and abrupt city-limits. So the only neighborhoods in the city proper that seem to standout are the poor impoverished neighborhoods that make up the Northwest/Northeast Quadrants. But even then, not all of Liberty City is THAT bad. There are some lovely blocks of Liberty City(believe it or not). Poverty is a problem for sure, but that's been overstated since Rick Ross dropped Hustlin'.

theres a lot of caveats in your defense breh :francis: