Low-key...Miami sucks and is overrated

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
South Beach isn't really Miami. Agreed. But downtown Miami is actually in the city proper.

:skip:
which is my point...

you'd never know that watching Ballers, CSI, Miami Vice, etc.

Damn near every portrayal I've ever seen of Miami is on some boss shyt. Even NYC LA and Chicago have had "homely" depictions of their characters.

When it comes to Miami, you would not ever understand how shytty that place is.

Lamar Givens

Spitting truth you can’t handle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yeshua
Florida breh born and raised.

If you like sin (sexual promiscuity), crime, drunkenness, and debauchery then Miami is one of the places to be.

Every time I visited and spent time in Miami my spirit was grieved at some of the stuff people do and tolerate there.

One of my brehs who was born and raised in Carol city tried to take me to Overtown when visiting. I immediately said :hubie:

I can't count on one hand how many of my college breh's from FSU who played ball said they were trying to do everything they could to get they mama and family out of MIA...:yeshrug:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Miami is pretty shytty.
Its poor, dangerous, small, the per-capita fake-flexing is higher than any other city not named Los Angeles, a good chunk of the city is full of old-school racist Cubans, a lot of anti-Haitian sentiment to this day.
If you're not living in that shythole to be an entertainer, or retiring, there are far better cities in Florida to live in.
The fact that they sell those pathetic shacks they call homes for 400k+ is absolutely insane, more egregious than San Jose, and with far worse job prospects :mjlol:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
which is my point...

you'd never know that watching Ballers, CSI, Miami Vice, etc.

Damn near every portrayal I've ever seen of Miami is on some boss shyt. Even NYC LA and Chicago have had "homely" depictions of their characters.

When it comes to Miami, you would not ever understand how shytty that place is.
That's not entirely true. Miami Vice, Bad Boys, Fast And Furious, Hell, even grand theft auto have shown the seedy underbelly of Miami.They've all showcased Little Haiti. Who in this day and age DOESN'T know that Miami has ghettos? Most people know this. Most folks know Miami is a high-crime, violent city. I think that's the most overstated thing about Miami. South Beach is only a facade, EVERYONE knows this.. At this point, I think Miami is actually less hood than the Rick Ross types portray it as.

:skip:

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
As a lifelong Miami resident, it doesn't have industry to produce enough high-paying jobs to stabilize Miami populace. However, you're a $40k+ job away from being a king if one stays within their means. $40k isn't a lot but when majority of the population doesn't have a household income of over $30k then you'll have fukkery.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Meaning that a city like Atlanta or Houston ain't your type.
Lol, they have Black people in Miami too. So you GOTTA live in two cities to have the Black experience now? So if you're not fond of the nouveau "Black Meccas" than you're on that :mjpls: now? That's the problem, Black folks only wanna claim 3 or 4 cities as the de facto cities where we should ALL move too, lest we be on that :mjpls:

Personally, The West coast cities have caught my interest more than any other city in the US.