Losing their religion: why US churches are on the decline

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
Growing up in poverty, the church was a blessing homey. Especially as a first generation American born to immigrants. Church was the only place in the cold winters where the neighbor hood kids could go and play hoops indoors and it didn’t cost a lot of money and provided structure. It was and still is a good third place in the neighborhood to be about the community and structure.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
you can’t do all of those on any day of the week and spare one or two hours tops for god and fellowshipping with other folks in your community too?

and how is that hyper individualist me me me who needs god stuff working out for blacc folks as a whole culturally and spiritually :jbhmm:
Y’all don’t want to get into race and god…don’t open that door, cuz that’s an L. Y’all believing in the same god white men forced on you, the god that told them we were dirty and evil and needed to be slaves? Don’t do it

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
while research by the Survey Center on American Life and the University of Chicago found that in spring 2022 67% of Americans reported attending church at least once a year
I mean that's still a lot imo

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
Religion is bullshyt. New generation waking up and realizing they shouldn’t put their faith into a mythical sky daddy.

This is the lowest IQ having generation in a long time. Have no idea what's going on around them.

The Day of the Lord is going to be a sad day for this generation.

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
The black church was the CENTERPIECE of the Civil rights movement and just because of that, whatever issue I have will be said within the proper context..

Some of yall once again saying DISRESPECTFUL shyt with no regards to your black elders and the history the black church was apart of....

You have more access to information than your elders ever did and instead of showing sympathy, yall shyt on the same PEOPLE who stood on the Frontlines of their community...

Elders made some mistakes that reared their ugly head, but it can be talked about in manner that still shows them the RESPECT they rightfully deserve

FS4LFE

Veteran
Daps
This is the lowest IQ having generation in a long time. Have no idea what's going on around them.

The Day of the Lord is going to be a sad day for this generation.
:unimpressed: Imagine still waiting for white Jesus to come save you in 2023. How can you share the same “savior” as racist white people? Dr. Dre’s detox will come out before Jesus comes back.

RhodyRum

Mark Gassed-A-Heaux
Daps
Reppin
The Great Green North
you can’t do all of those on any day of the week and spare one or two hours tops for god and fellowshipping with other folks in your community too?

and how is that hyper individualist me me me who needs god stuff working out for blacc folks as a whole culturally and spiritually :jbhmm:

Anyone in this world who devotes time to something that doesn't exist would be labeled insane.

If your tween / teenage child still had an imaginary friend who they openly acknowledged and devoted part of their life for, and treated as if they were there in the room with the rest of y'all, you'd have to lie MAD HARD to yourself that your child ain't retarded.

So why doesn't this extend to religious folk?