Losing their religion: why US churches are on the decline

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
I'm not religious but this is sad to see imo..the older I get the more I realize that human beings as a society need structure

Which is why as a follower of the word I just have to shake my head and laugh at the naysayers. They talk about the followers of Christ yet they behinds is following every talking head from youtube to tiktok telling em which way is up and how to view themselves. SSRI subscriptions up everywhere, lonlier than ever folks shooting each other to shyt, but its the word of god that they turn their ire to

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Some churches are trying to adjust by pandering with relaxed dress codes and being lgbt friendly
But alot of church teachings aren’t acceptable in modern society. It’s fundamentally judgmental and bigoted

That and ppl are just smarter now
during my lifetime it went from ppl literally believing the stories in the Bible to people saying that it’s not literal and interpreting it to fit their agenda to ppl finally smartening up and just not wasting their time with stories from 2000+ years ago that were heavily edited and influenced by cacs (and sand cacs)

bnew

Veteran
Daps
You go into any hood in America, you’ll see 4 churches on one block

That is my biggest problem with the black church

The Jews have one synagogue everyone goes to, same with the mosque for muslims
to be fair at least in nyc a lot of those churchs are different denominations or appeal to people who speak different languages.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
donald-glover-good.gif

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I'm not religious but this is sad to see imo..the older I get the more I realize that human beings as a society need structure
so maybe they'll take up a another religion, perhaps one not linked to the Abrahamic religions.:manny:

Last edited: