Losing their religion: why US churches are on the decline

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:manny:Like it tell anyone who talks to me, what religion am I supposed to follow? There are many. And suspiciously enough, they all come from days of overall less intelligence, lower life expectancies, common diseases ate people up that are not a threat anymore...if I go to a tropical island, teach the people english and have them read Harry Potter, and you come back in 200 years and J.K. Rowling is now their god, does it make it legit?

Anyone who challenges my scenario clearly doesn't know how much war, subjugation, missionaries, and politics play in the spread of most religions. Why did I pray to God at 5 years old? Not because he spoke to me, but because my parents told me to. And my church told me to. Smell where I am going?

bnew

Veteran
Daps
:manny:Like it tell anyone who talks to me, what religion am I supposed to follow? There are many. And suspiciously enough, they all come from days of overall less intelligence, lower life expectancies, common diseases ate people up that are not a threat anymore...if I go to a tropical island, teach the people english and have them read Harry Potter, and you come back in 200 years and J.K. Rowling is now their god, does it make it legit?

Anyone who challenges my scenario clearly doesn't know how much war, subjugation, missionaries, and politics play in the spread of most religions. Why did I pray to God at 5 years old? Not because he spoke to me, but because my parents told me to. And my church told me to. Smell where I am going?
even more suspicious the deities people tended to worship all around the world looked like the worshipers or dressed like them.:patrice:

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
even more suspicious the deities people tended to worship all around the world looked like the worshipers or dressed like them.:patrice:
:hubie:Hard conversations to have. Religion is the highest form of superstition. Spirituality is one thing, but religiosity requires more suspension of disbelief than watching WWE.

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
The amount of fukkery in most churches are no different than the workplace or the block..

Elders kept that shyt in check to the point where EVERYBODY knew it would be pressure if it reached the inside of the church..

In hindsight, it allowed CERTAIN behaviors to be kept quiet, that should have been put on full blast

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
can't easily finesse the most educated generation in history when the information super highway exists too.:pachaha:
Ecclesiastes 1

17And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit. 18For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.

Its a downside to knowing everything, if you understand the passage.