Lord of The Rings: Rings of Power TV Series - Season 2 (August. 29. 2024/Official Thread)

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
first episode didn't make me feel like anything changed. still boring as fukk, can't bring myself to go back

this continues to feel like a massive massive flop
I totally forgot new episodes were airing. Even the raging youtubers dont seem to care as much. This is just embarrassing.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Lot's of shows in the mix now, but I caught up with the 4 episodes currently out now. Visually the show still looks great, some of the settings are impressive along with the magical creatures. On an episode to episode basis, it still suffers from casting a wide net and having a ton of characters to follow and jumping back and forth between them.

Your mileage may vary among which group of characters/settings you find the most entertaining.

I know some people aren't rocking with the half-lings but they do bring a bit of levity/heart to a show that can sometimes fall into the fantasy trappings of being dull. I did like the pairing of Isildur and Elf-breh, along with the pairing of the wild girl they have. Elves are mostly cool for bow and arrows and the powers they have.

Numeron (sp) is cool for the setting and having Cynthia Addai-Robinson as the blind queen, easily the baddest on the show :whew:

Sauron found another elf to con and do his bidding :skip:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I totally forgot new episodes were airing. Even the raging youtubers dont seem to care as much. This is just embarrassing.
no discourse is worse than bad discourse. i never even catch shrapnel of people talking about this show good or bad. meanwhile i'll still see a suggested video for some moron beating a dead horse over The Acolyte or something, never anyone giving a fukk about this. actually, i saw a Ringer video on youtube yesterday and legit thought, "damn, they're late with the House of the Dragon" talk before i realized it was about this. i'm sure those aren't doing numbers

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Episode 4 was dope. Bombadil. Barrow wights. Galadriel going ham.

Still can't get used to black and brown people in middle earth though :russ:

No :mjpls:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Got thru 3 eps

It is a bit boring and kinda lacks sex appeal. Not pertaining to nudity or sex scenes, but that they got this massive cast across numerous branching plot points to navigate our focus, but most/all of it is stale, predictable, and vanilla.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
:jbhmm:Well if you want to go way back .

That is interesting. They're going to have to jump through hoops to make that fit with what we have seen on the show so far.

I didn't realize that there were SO few wizards. How sure are we that there might not be other 'Istar' out there without contradicting Tolkein?

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Just caught episode 4

I'll give them credit: one improvement is they've decoupled the ARod breh-elf from the baggage that was weighing him down in season 1.

Notable improvement when paired with other characters.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Galadreil captured Adar in the first season, im sure Adar will remind her