Lord of The Rings: Rings of Power TV Series - Season 2 (August. 29. 2024/Official Thread)

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
So...thanks to this show I'm starting to "get" something about the Lord of the Rings universe that I never could quite understand before.

Whenever people on the internet bring up a "Who Would Win" scenario between Gandalf and other fictional Wizards, LOTR fans always say "You can't compare them...LOTR Wizards are really "angels" not just humans with magic!"

I never really "got" what that meant until this new season.

It finally hit me watching these episodes that what the "wizard" characters on this show are can be better compared to Greek gods in a Greek mythology story. This show isn't really a "medieval times" fantasy, its more like a Greek mythology story, except with technology that seems more advanced than it actually is because its "powered up" by magic.

Sauron is basically an evil 'god' in human/elf form walking around on Earth trying to cause trouble.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Watched epi 1, why does Celebrimbor not know that is Sauron when Galadriel, Gil-galad etc all know? They don't have some bird ass transportation in the second age?

Also the casting of Gil-galad is ass.
Its one of those silly TV show conventions where characters don't share information with each other that they would have in real life. So, Galadrial basically just says "don't trust this guy" but she never goes into the important details about WHY he shouldn't be trusted. Then, later on the foot messengers sent to spread the word about Sauron get ambushed and killed.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So...thanks to this show I'm starting to "get" something about the Lord of the Rings universe that I never could quite understand before.

Whenever people on the internet bring up a "Who Would Win" scenario between Gandalf and other fictional Wizards, LOTR fans always say "You can't compare them...LOTR Wizards are really "angels" not just humans with magic!"

I never really "got" what that meant until this new season.

It finally hit me watching these episodes that what the "wizard" characters on this show are can be better compared to Greek gods in a Greek mythology story. This show isn't really a "medieval times" fantasy, its more like a Greek mythology story, except with technology that seems more advanced than it actually is because its "powered up" by magic.

Sauron is basically an evil 'god' in human/elf form walking around on Earth trying to cause trouble.

Yes. Tolkien was greatly influenced by mythology and Catholicism. Sauron and Gandalf were Maia, basically lesser Gods or angels.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Ork brehs than stomped the shyt of sauron lol

0Np2WO.gif

Fpn7F0KaYAIBuZC.jpg

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
They also did a good job in casting the dwarfWench

Usually, they will cast a 20 year biracial Skinny none acting ultra lite bright with California valley girl accent to play that role ( Disney ) lol

At least amazon thought about that,,

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
...Ciaran Hinds? That isn't Saruman. :what:
we'll see, if i was casting someone to play Christpher Lee in a movie it would be Ciaran Hinds. and the costume department even made their eyebrows the same. And the greying pattern in his beard matches (whiter on the sides blacker in the middle). clearly intentional
7kx26mwcqifd1.png

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
we'll see, if i was casting someone to play Christpher Lee in a movie it would be Ciaran Hinds. and the costume department even made their eyebrows the same. And the greying pattern in his beard matches (whiter on the sides blacker in the middle). clearly intentional
7kx26mwcqifd1.png

If that's Sauruman, then that means he's been acting "evil" for a lot longer than the movies implied. I was under the impression in "The Two Towers" that he had been a "good guy" up until just when the ring was rediscovered.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If that's Sauruman, then that means he's been acting "evil" for a lot longer than the movies implied. I was under the impression in "The Two Towers" that he had been a "good guy" up until just when the ring was rediscovered.

Yep. Don't think the writers will mess with such a big plot point in the LOTR.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah he was evil long before that
When the White Council was formed around the year 2463 of the Third Age in order to counter Sauron, Saruman was appointed its leader, though Galadriel wanted Gandalf in this position. Saruman refused to step down due to his pride,At this point Saruman had begun to sense the resurgence of Sauron. This was also the same year that Sauron's One Ring was taken by the Stoor Sméagol (later called Gollum), who disappeared with it into the Misty Mountains for hundreds of years. The White Wizard's extensive research, especially into Ring-lore, had led him to admire the Dark Lord and he fell into the folly of imitating him. Saruman believed he could be the ruler of Middle-earth, in Sauron's likeness, and "have his own will by force".