Lord of The Rings: Rings of Power TV Series - Season 2 (August. 29. 2024/Official Thread)

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Pretty good but I thought gandalf didn't come this early and Sauron had the one ring before celebrimbor died.

Would have been more interesting to have fresh wizards instead of the gandalf/saruman arc.

I was really surprised how the scale looked so small. Like the orc army never looked over 100 and at the end, the elf leaders were looking down at a couple handfuls of people.

They telegraphed the Adar ending too much.
The belrog was also 2000 years too early.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
This was rushed and disjointed, a clear step down from Episode 7. The opening sequence with Gandalf was paper thin, so convenient I almost thought it was some illusion.

Anyone who looks close to death is guaranteed to pop up with no visible difficulties unless you literally watch the light fade from their eyes, it really cheapens these moments because they have no impact. The sole exclusion this season was Celebrimbor, his death meant something, it had weight and even then it was telegraphed that he was baiting Sauron into killing him instead of being toyed with for eternity and he fell for it.

Adar getting a chance to change back & propose peace was the biggest death flag of the series. Everyone saw that heel turn coming from the lil breh that's been side eyeing him all season, much less the other murder hobos. Easy work for the Mr. Steal Yo Shiit Sauron.

The ending was overly dramatic and underwhelming AF. King Durin being brought back from the brink and getting washed by that Balrog was the best sequence in this episode. They've been building to it all season, it felt earned after seeing all the ups and downs and character progression, in the end, he even managed to maintain loyalty to his father and loyalty is the foundation of their species so that was well executed.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just finished watching the finale.

Adar was a real one :ehh: . Can't imagine Sauron will have the same compassion for the orcs like he did, although his quest to get Sauron led a lot to their deaths.

Galandriel seemed to be putting in work, until Sauron started hitting her with illusions. Although he was mainly after the ring and not really trying to hurt her.

Durand's dad went out like a G, but left him in a tough spot.

I think I liked the Stranger/Dory stuff better in S1. At least they got the name reveal out the way now.

Isildur and his father had to leave their women behind :mjcry: . That young prince dude :pacspit:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Underwhelming finale tbh :francis:

Grand-Elf smh :martin:

That ish with Saruman wasn't it and the transitions to other was scenes following that storyline have been a mess.

The Numenor plot, Idk. I'm interested in Elendil's journey but everyone else, including his son, can kick rocks. Mf tried to still somebody's wife :mjlol:

For the budget, the "fight" was just...not hitting. At times, it look like a game of 7 on 7 out there fr.

Sauron was really carrying this season.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
It doesn't make sense that the Dwarves were talking about politics when they had a literal demon downstairs.

Fr.

Aside from that too, I just don't understand how we didn't get the destruction of Khazad-Dum after the Balrog woke up after all that build up.

King Durin smoked that scene but you telling me his Air Jordan axe leap was all it took to cave some stone in and stop the Balrog potentially?

And why the debate on holding your army back if all it took were a few dwarves anyway....and then you still ended up sending em.

"Durin will come"...7 days & a hundred bodies later, yea :mjlol:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
That shyt was egregious :russ:

Saruman prolly gon get his name from somebody accidentally knocking his staff ova and going "sorry mon"
full