Lord of The Rings: Rings of Power TV Series - Season 2 (August. 29. 2024/Official Thread)

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gollum taking the ring is what I meant by "when the ring was rediscovered". That's literally thousands of years after the TV show.
Yes but this is still long after the ROP time.
:jbhmm:Well if you want to go way back .
Curumo who will later be know as Saruman was one of those who volunteered, whereas the last one, Olórin, (later known as "Gandalf") was commanded by Manwë to go too. It was from this point that Curumo began to be jealous of Olórin, due to Varda's decision to send Olórin not as the third Istar, but as the second. He also was charged to take Aiwendil (later called "Radagast") to please Yavanna, which Curumo did not wish to do, and this led to contempt for the latter Wizard. The others who were chosen were Alatar and Pallando (the Blue Wizards). Curumo then was appointed overall leader of the group
The Five Wizards arrived separately at the Grey Havens in the west of Eriador around the year TA 1000. Curumo appeared first, but apparently neglected to take Aiwendil with him; Aiwendil came later alongside Olórin. Only the keeper of the havens, Círdan the Shipwright, knew Curumo's nature and purpose. Curumo would later discover that Círdan had given Narya, the Red Ring, to Olórin upon their first landing in Middle-earth. Even though Curumo was recognized as the head of the order while Olórin was not, Círdan had divined Olórin as the wisest and greatest of the Istari. Curumo's jealousy of Olórin grew from these events, perhaps because he feared that he would eventually supplant him as chief of the Wizards. To the Elves, Curumo became known as Curunír, whereas Men called him Saruman, the name by which he was afterwards remembered. The White Messenger and the two Blue Wizards went into the east of Middle-earth. After one and a half millennia, Saruman returned to the west, just as Sauron's power was growing again at Dol Guldur in Mirkwood.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
If that's Sauruman, then that means he's been acting "evil" for a lot longer than the movies implied. I was under the impression in "The Two Towers" that he had been a "good guy" up until just when the ring was rediscovered.

yes,, that confused me ,, Sauruman was good up until two towers
i was like that can't be Sauruman

whiteCouncil3.png

edit

voltronblack said he was already evil​

Last edited:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
we'll see, if i was casting someone to play Christpher Lee in a movie it would be Ciaran Hinds. and the costume department even made their eyebrows the same. And the greying pattern in his beard matches (whiter on the sides blacker in the middle). clearly intentional
7kx26mwcqifd1.png
Nah that's one of the Blue Wizards. His staff is different and he looks like he is located in the South. I also believe The Stranger is the other Blue Wizard

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Nah that's one of the Blue Wizards. His staff is different and he looks like he is located in the South. I also believe The Stranger is the other Blue Wizard
They are not going to keep their identities secret for a big reveal only to reveal that they are wizards most people who aren't familiar with the lore never heard of. If they were some random new blue wizards they would tell us who they are from the beginning and not drag it out. Would be very anti climatic otherwise

Last edited:

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
I doubt that's Saruman. He never had bad B disciples.

The episodes were a nice watch. It's so much better when they're focussing on the big man shyt, and not the family dynamics/hobbit shyt/general normie human stuff.

This is the era of great warriors and badass villains. Before Sauron turned into a basement dwelling incel.

All of the elven women should look like LOTR movie Galadrial and Arwen level though. Too many 6/10s

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They are not going to keep their identities secret for a big reveal only to reveal that they are wizards most people who aren't familiar with the lore never heard of. If they were some random new blue wizards they would tell us who they are from the beginning and not drag it out. Would be very anti climatic otherwise
Possibly but the two blue wizards are a blank slate that they can do anything with. Hell, it could be a "young" Radagast the Brown but I don't know if you can line him up with the movie version

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Possibly but the two blue wizards are a blank slate that they can do anything with. Hell, it could be a "young" Radagast the Brown but I don't know if you can line him up with the movie version
Every character in this show has a name. Except them two. They even tease that the dude with the halflings will discover his name. They not building that up to reveal a name weve never heard of

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Every character in this show has a name. Except them two. They even tease that the dude with the halflings will discover his name. They not building that up to reveal a name weve never heard of
You could be right but it's bad writing on their part if it is. Saruman's fall from grace didn't happen until the Third Age and it was brought on from his obsession with the rings.

The wizard we saw with the staff aligns with what Tolkien stated about the fate of the blue wizards with them starting cults in the east. And Gandalf, Saruman, and Radagast stayed in the West while the other two wizards headed to the south and east.