Lord of The Rings: Rings of Power TV Series - Season 2 (August. 29. 2024/Official Thread)

The Observer

All Star
Daps
Good finale

Although…..

I thought Halbrand would of stayed longer with the elves and manipulated them further, that part seemed rush

Unless he returns later as Annatar?

Also his current human form doesn’t look evil or powerful enough to be Sauron in my opinion, so I hope this is just a disguise and his true form is revealed later

Walter H White

All Star
Daps

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
:krs: this season has been dope overall and it got me into re-watching the movies after watching them getting the picture of who is who and whatnot. So to me a non book reader. I think i read the hobbit as a kid. It was solid 7.5/10 the cinematography was just flawless and the twist at the end where well done.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
That is it? Nah I didn’t like that finale ending like that. Especially since the season was dope to me.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
They did that somewhat in the boat, with his conversation with Galadriel, but she didn't fall for his tricks.

That's part of what I'm wondered...was he ever trying to "trick" her, or was he being dead serious.

He actually gave her almost the exact same speech she herself gave in the Fellowship movie

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
This show shouldn't really be compared to HotD, for the same reason it's difficult to compare the books to each other. Tolkien and Martin are trying to achieve different things, albeit with common fantasy/storytelling tropes and archetypes.

We should be happy we're getting both at the same time...and Andor....and She-Hulk....I'm eating :blessed:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Sauron is much more powerful and will easily beat him.

The interesting story will be how Adar managed to ‘kill’ Sauron previously

when they regain physical form (after physical death) they are weaker. see the old man who if wizard is the same as sauron. it takes a while for them to get stronger. e.g. when sauron physically dies in the book during the sinking of numenor he permanently loses the power to shape shift after his comes back.

it takes a while to get their full powers back. centuries in the books.

hence all that "darkness is growing" stuff all over LOTR media.

so who knows what state sauron was in when they last fought?

gandalf came back immediately stronger as the white wizard because higher powers sent him back to earth.