Lord of The Rings: Rings of Power TV Series - Season 2 (August. 29. 2024/Official Thread)

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I'm a hardcore ring Stan. Fellowship is my fav movie ever. Overall this season was fine. It had one banger ep. the ring scene was dope in the finale.

It should not have been on at the same time as the far superior House of the dragon. They should have put it out in like November.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
for a show that cost double what anything ever has before it, there was not a single epic second of this entire season. shyt crawled for 60% and then just flat out ended. so many miscast actors too. most of them look ridiculous and the only one of the entire show i even believe could be a threat in this world is Arrow Bruh. so many of these people look completely fukkin ridiculous and have no screen presence. Show was like 9 hours long, and we spent 30-40 minutes on... Theo, the boy with the shaggy hair. big fat meh on this.

I honestly can't remember what happened to the ranger Theo and his fine mama

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
Im watching the last 4 episodes.... it does pick up but, when they cut to those harfoots :snoop:
Can someone edgemacate me on why putting that sword into the ground and turning that sword made an volcano eruption?

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I'm a hardcore ring Stan. Fellowship is my fav movie ever. Overall this season was fine. It had one banger ep. the ring scene was dope in the finale.

It should not have been on at the same time as the far superior House of the dragon. They should have put it out in like November.
Actually you might have that backwards, most reports i've seen said Rings of power did higher streaming numbers than house of dragon.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Im watching the last 4 episodes.... it does pick up but, when they cut to those harfoots :snoop:
Can someone edgemacate me on why putting that sword into the ground and turning that sword made an volcano eruption?
Looked like it opened a dam and allowed a lake full of water to drain into a dormant volcano.
Don't know how science accurate it is, but apparently it triggered an eruption due to all that water being superheated so quickly inside the volcano

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Elves being immortal is the entire reason for the fall of Numenor...

Elves in middle earth can die (under certain circumstances, like for example if they stay long enough or if their light fades (due to darkness)).

Isn't that that why they chipped and left middle earth at the end of Era 3. Isn't that why the are always concerned about losing the light?

Wasn't Numenor and Elves to do with going west (away from middle earth) rather than east - i.e. concerning elves in middle earth.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
this wasnt it... maybe this shyt is fixable. Maybe they will listen to the fans that keep bytching .
Maybe the second season will be better. It cant be worse can it?
I still dont know if these actors are just shyt or they are shyt because of the writing.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

:ehh:

Actually you might have that backwards, most reports i've seen said Rings of power did higher streaming numbers than house of dragon.

I think it did, but I still think it was a mistake to put them out at the same time. Even though Rings of Power got more streams, House of the Dragon got a lot more people TALKING about it. I enjoy watching Rings of Power episodes, they look beautiful. But I never feel the need to talk to anyone about anything that happened, or watch any recaps, reactions, etc.

If I were going to show off my TV I would choose Rings of Power. But half way through each week I'm thinking about House of the Dragon a lot more.

(I'm glad both shows came out, I just agree that it would be better for RoP to not have a head-to-head comparison)

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South

I agree with Filmento here. A lot of character’s motivations and conflict are used more as plot devices than actual human motivation. You see that all through the show and I think that’s the one of the biggest weaknesses of the show.

Like the villagers evacuating to the Watchtower but somehow forgetting to bring food. :comeon: Which then leads Theo back to the village to encounter orcs etc…

Or Adar making it a priority to get the Morgoth Blade so he can open a dam instead of just using his army of orcs to break it down.

It feels like they filmed certain scenes with plot points they wanted to hit then filmed minor scenes in post to clear up loopholes.

Last edited:

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
Does everything need to be a stan war? ROP doesnt even have stans

Not understanding your question? The video isn’t about fandoms but the way the story is constructed and why one became more entertaining than the other.

But the weaknesses he points out with RoP was something constant throughout the show which is why it didn’t make the mark with me.