Lord of The Rings: Rings of Power TV Series - Season 2 (August. 29. 2024/Official Thread)

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
IMO they need some more explanation around it next season. So the mithril alone was too small to help but make it even smaller and put it in rings and it has the power to save all the elves in a city.

True. I always guessed it as mithril + the elven stones added to the rings have their own properties+ the user's life-force/will all affect the scope of what the rings can do or the range affected/maintained by them.

I'm no Tolkien expert but that's what makes sense. :manny:

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
The finale was better than I expected, I hope Amazon is able to maintain the budget and aesthetic in the following seasons. One thing I don’t get is why The Stranger let Sadoc die when he could have helped heal his wound, although it be hilariously fukked up if the Stranger turned out to be Saruman.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
True. I always guessed it as mithril + the elven stones added to the rings have their own properties+ the user's life-force/will all affect the scope of what the rings can do or the range affected/maintained by them.

I'm no Tolkien expert but that's what makes sense. :manny:
Yeah something like that the show will go into more detail once sauron get to making the rings
I’m confused on how the three rings are supposed to save all the elves from vanishing. Wouldn’t it only save the 3 wearing the rings?
there alot more to it than that I don't want to spoil for you

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Pretty meh show, hopefully they bring in better writers for next season, too much dumb shyt going on.

Also they need to do a better job with the lore exposition, they keep throwing names and shyt thinking that people are gonna know wtf they are talking about, they have to realize most of the people watching this haven't read the books.

Also was Hobbreh forcing himself to die? :mjlol: dude was like "well I'm off the trail" then closed his eyes and looked like he was trying to force a dump.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
That was certainly a popular theory with the reveals. Listening to The Ringer's Deep Dives on each episode certainly helped, as I haven't seen the movies in a while. But I did think the execution was :ehh:

Overall thought the finale was really well done.

So that leaked plot was real :skip:

A popular theory... among people that were spoiled ahead of time.
I wish people weren't acting like it was so obvious, when they were spoiled.

I kind of wonder if they're going to actually try to make Sauron a partially sympathetic character. Play up the idea that in the past wars Morgoth was forcing Sauron to be more evil than he wanted to be, and that he eventually rebelled and that's why he ended up fighting with and getting "killed" by the Uruk.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
A popular theory... among people that were spoiled ahead of time.
I wish people weren't acting like it was so obvious, when they were spoiled.

I kind of wonder if they're going to actually try to make Sauron a partially sympathetic character. Play up the idea that in the past wars Morgoth was forcing Sauron to be more evil than he wanted to be, and that he eventually rebelled and that's why he ended up fighting with and getting "killed" by the Uruk.

They did that somewhat in the boat, with his conversation with Galadriel, but she didn't fall for his tricks.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
IMO they need some more explanation around it next season. So the mithril alone was too small to help but make it even smaller and put it in rings and it has the power to save all the elves in a city.

they said

(some deduced with help of ....)

i. "the alloy magnifies mithril effects" (sauron influenced)
ii. "the light in mithril is inexhaustible, i have tested it"
iii. "a circle allows the power to loop back on itself and increase" (sauron influenced)

the "it's not enough" statement was before the mighty sauron got involved.

what more do you need?