Lord of The Rings: Rings of Power TV Series - Season 2 (August. 29. 2024/Official Thread)

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was thinking I was gonna hate this series because it's pretty much fanfic.

But tolkien's lore is so deep that it still hit in a :ohlawd: way. Got to give credit where it's due, the dude was a genius.

I hope they focus more on Sauron going forward as he's the most interesting character
, and the good guys get boring imo. That's one aspect which was missed in the books, there's pretty much no insight into how the bad dudes move (besides saruman).

You're getting your wish.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
The fans theories were correct but the reveal was incredible. The reverse image in the water is amazing.

Sauron is here. Istar is revealed. I'm tapped in.

OegumJZ.gif

The Stranger isn't technically Gandalf is he? Or is he just a wizard? I don't know LOTR so explain it if I was five brehs.

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
The fans theories were correct but the reveal was incredible. The reverse image in the water is amazing.

Sauron is here. Istar is revealed. I'm tapped in.

OegumJZ.gif

The Stranger isn't technically Gandalf is he? Or is he just a wizard? I don't know LOTR so explain it if I was five brehs.

Apparently it's some earlier wizards who went to war with sauron in the east.

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
for a show that cost double what anything ever has before it, there was not a single epic second of this entire season. shyt crawled for 60% and then just flat out ended. so many miscast actors too. most of them look ridiculous and the only one of the entire show i even believe could be a threat in this world is Arrow Bruh. so many of these people look completely fukkin ridiculous and have no screen presence. Show was like 9 hours long, and we spent 30-40 minutes on... Theo, the boy with the shaggy hair. big fat meh on this.

Breh. The last act of this episode was intense as hell. The start of the episode with sauron's bottom bytches getting red pill'd was also fire.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Ringbearers can influence things around them. Think of Elrond later on maintaining the integrity of Rivendell, or Galadriel doing the same for Lothlorien.

IMO they need some more explanation around it next season. So the mithril alone was too small to help but make it even smaller and put it in rings and it has the power to save all the elves in a city.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Don't know shyt about the lore (just watched the movies back then) but quite enjoyed this series. Especially the darker aspects, I hope they go even more in that direction.

Somethings I didn't understand :

I don't fully get the whole Halbrand/Sauron thing. What was he doing stranded at sea in the first place? Why was he considering not even going to Middle-Earth and basically living a regular life in Numenor? Why does he even help the elves? Also after he reveals himself to Galadriel, he just leaves? What was the point for him even working with the elves? I seem to understand he has a ring too, but how could he since they made the rings after Galadriel goes back