Lord of The Rings: Rings of Power TV Series - Season 2 (August. 29. 2024/Official Thread)

Daps
@voltronblack I have a question regarding the lore

If Sauron is Maiar, and so is Gandalf, Saruman, and the rest of the Wizards... why was Saruman subservient to Sauron? Wouldnt they both be on a similar power level? I dont remember that explanation.

Also why is Galadriel or elves like Elronds father damn near on the power scale where they can fight and meet the gods (Valar and Maiar) but then you have Elves like Legolas who are not soloing a Balrog 1v1.

Is their like an official tier list? I know Eru Iluvatar is God, Morgoth is like Lucifer, and Sauron would be a high ranking demon like Belial or something.... but are the Istari naturally on Saurons level or Sauron was just different?

A bit late but in terms of power the tier list kinda goes this way.

Eru Iluvatar = God the creator of all things
The Valar = a pantheon of gods who each have power over an aspect of Eru's domain. For example Ulmo is the god of water. Morgoth is on this tier list.
The Ainur = Servants to the valar, they can be considered as angels. Sauron is here. Gandalf and the other wizards too.

Remember the two trees seen in the prologue of the first episode ? They are deeply important in the lore. These are the two trees of Valinor, Telperion and Laurelin. After the world was created there wasn't any light so one of the Valar created the trees to illuminate the earth. Telperion gave light at night and Laurelin was for daylight. They were destroyed by Morgoth, and the sun and the moon were created to replace them. All that to say that among the elves those who were alive to see the light of the two trees are implied to be mightier. Galadriel is there.

And finally among men, Numenoreans live really longer, in centuries and in good health until they pass. It was a reward of the valar for fighting the war against Morgoth.

Last edited:

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
A bit late but in termes of power the tier list kinda goes this way.

Eru Illuvatar = God the creator of all things
The Valar = a pantheon of gods who each have power over an aspect of Eru's domain. For example Ulmo is the god of water. Morgoth is on this tier list.
The Ainur = Servants to the valar, they can be considered as angels. Sauron is here. Gandalf and the other wizards too.

Remember the two trees seen in the prologue of the first episode ? They are deeply important in the lore. These are the two trees of Valinor Telperion and Laurelin. After the world was created there wasn't any light so one of the Valar created the trees to illuminate the earth. Telperion gave light at night and Laurelin was for daylight. The were destroyed by Morgoth and the sun and the moon were created to replace them. All that to say that among the elves those who were alive to see the light of the two trees are implied to be mightier. Galadriel is there.

And finally among men Numenoreans live really longer, in centuries and in good health until they pass. It was a reward of the valar for fighting the war against Morgoth.

Got it, so basically Valar and Ainur are two whole different weight classes because they are immortal, but an Ainur like Sauron could use his knowledge and magic to forge a superweapon like the Ring to increase his power and become ALMOST (but not quite) a Morgoth level threat, or is Sauron even with the one ring a lesser threat than Morgoth was?

And as far as the mortal races I take it that it goes something like:

Elves of Valinor
Younger Elves
Uruk Hai
Dwarves
Numenoreans
Orcs
Mortal Men like Gondorians, Rohan or the Easterlings
Hobbits/Harfoots

Would that be about right? Am I missing anybody

Daps
Got it, so basically Valar and Ainur are two whole different weight classes because they are immortal, but an Ainur like Sauron could use his knowledge and magic to forge a superweapon like the Ring to increase his power and become ALMOST (but not quite) a Morgoth level threat, or is Sauron even with the one ring a lesser threat than Morgoth was?

Elves of Valinor
Younger Elves
Uruk Hai
Dwarves
Numenoreans
Orcs
Hobbits/Harfoots

Morgoth is in a way different ballpark than Sauron, even with the ring. Sauron is really his subordinate and he could never be on his level. You're right though that his knowledge of magic and his deeper understanding of the world is still what made him insanely stong and dangerous.

For the mortal races I'd put the elves at the top for sure. Orcs are somewhat fodder though so I would be hesitant to place them above dwarves and men. And between men and dwarves each have their own strenght so they're not that dissimilar. Men though were created by Illuvatar with a specific fate in mind, that only he knows of.

Last edited:

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Morgoth is in a way different ballpark than Sauron, even with the ring. Sauron is really is subordinate and he could never be on his level. You're tight though that his knowledge of magic and his deeper understanding of the world is still what made him insanely stong and dangerous.

For the mortal races I'd put the elves at the top for sure. Orcs are somewhat fodder though so I would be hesitant to place them above dwarves and men. And between men and dwarves each have their own strenght so they're not that dissimilar. Men though were created by Illuvatar with a specific fate in mind, that only he knows of.

Nah I meant the Uruk Hai specifically, the big orcs from the movies. Clearly they're stronger than average men, but you think Dwarves are stronger than they are? and I guess Numenoreans would be too

Daps
Nah I meant the Uruk Hai specifically, the big orcs from the movies. Clearly they're stronger than average men, but you think Dwarves are stronger than they are? and I guess Numenoreans would be too
The thing is the orcs have the numbers on their side, that's what makes them so dangerous. So sure compared to your average man or dwarf they are stronger but against warriors who know what they are doing, things even out, Uruk-hai included. Against the the very best among men or dwarves though? Nah.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
The thing is the orcs have the numbers on their side, that's what makes them so dangerous. So sure compared to your average man or dwarf they are stronger but against warriors who know what they are doing, things even out, Uruk-hai included. Against the the very best among men or dwarves though? Nah.

Ahhh so thats why Aragorn, Gimli and Legolas, and Thorin were catching hundreds of bodies a piece every other battle, got it now. The movies (especially the Hobbit) made them seem more competent (at least the Uruk Hai).

Any idea on who the three witches might be?

Daps
Ahhh so thats why Aragorn, Gimli and Legolas, and Thorin were catching hundreds of bodies a piece every other battle, got it now. The movies (especially the Hobbit) made them seem more competent (at least the Uruk Hai).

Any idea on who the three witches might be?
No idea. Except the Witch-King there are really few mention of magic users. Maybe they they created some antagonists just like they took their liberty with the birth of Mordor.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY

Elves of Valinor
Younger Elves
Uruk Hai
Dwarves
Numenoreans
Orcs
Hobbits/Harfoots

exchange the numenoreans with the uruk-hai and this list is fairly accurate

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Elves of Valinor
Younger Elves
Uruk Hai
Dwarves
Numenoreans
Orcs
Hobbits/Harfoots

You are missing the original men (Atani) - Numenoreans are descendants of them; they are number 2 after the OG Elves (Feanor, Fingolfin, Thingol etc).