Lord of The Rings: Rings of Power TV Series - Season 2 (August. 29. 2024/Official Thread)

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
I think Galadriel's performance is excellent, and exactly in line with where she's at - she's significantly more powerful than we've seen her be and she's suppressing it.

Galadriel is one of the most powerful beings in Middle Earth already, and she doesn't even have her ring yet - she's one of the four beings that Sauron fears and she's at her worst state psychologically. The actress is doing what she needs to do, I do understand why people might not like the way she's written but I'll wait for her arc to develop first.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Still fukking with this heavy, gets better with each episode.

Yeah, I like it. But I'm not a Lord Of The Rings fan nor am I too familiar with the source material aside from the movies that I never really watched attentively.

The show is good and entertaining enough, so to me is weird to see all these people being super down on it.

That's why I was saying it would have probably been better off as it's own new thing rather than being tethered to LOTR. Super stans will never really be satisfied.

Change a few plotlines, name of locations and charaters. boom. new IP and everybody's happy:yeshrug:

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Were orcs hurt by sunlight in the LOTR movies? I don't remember that detail.
Yes they were that why the Uruk-hai were make

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

In the movies I don’t remember that at all. The orcs had full fights outside in the light.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

That's one of the things I was wondering about. So, the "3rd Age" orcs were actually "improved" over the "2nd Age" orcs ?

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's one of the things I was wondering about. So, the "3rd Age" orcs were actually "improved" over the "2nd Age" orcs ?
All of the 2nd age orcs at this point in timeline were the ones make by dark lord morgoth in the 1nd age I think this show will show sauron makeing improved to them when he become the new dark lord