Lord of The Rings: Rings of Power TV Series - Season 2 (August. 29. 2024/Official Thread)

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So why the numenor queen had to go with the rest to fight? Why she putting herself in danger?

I just took that as - how you going to ask a peaceful kingdom to go fight on the word of an elf and not lead from the front?

She did say something along the lines of hope or faith being to thin a thread to hang the balance of a kingdom on or some words to similar effect

She pretty much leading by example. “Aye man, something ain’t right and we need to go fight, but I’m not asking y’all to do something I wouldn’t do myself”

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
I just took that as - how you going to ask a peaceful kingdom to go fight on the word of an elf and not lead from the front?

She did say something along the lines of hope or faith being to thin a thread to hang the balance of a kingdom on or some words to similar effect

She pretty much leading by example. “Aye man, something ain’t right and we need to go fight, but I’m not asking y’all to do something I wouldn’t do myself”
Ok, thought it was something deeper…thanks

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
I think Galadriel's performance is excellent, and exactly in line with where she's at - she's significantly more powerful than we've seen her be and she's suppressing it.

Galadriel is one of the most powerful beings in Middle Earth already, and she doesn't even have her ring yet - she's one of the four beings that Sauron fears and she's at her worst state psychologically. The actress is doing what she needs to do, I do understand why people might not like the way she's written but I'll wait for her arc to develop first.

IMO, the way she is portrayed just isn’t likable. Always frowning, arrogant, condescending, unhappy, overbearing etc. Even with her talks to Halbrand and the Queen her attitude still isn’t even softened and there’s little progression in her demeanor.
I can understand her acting like that in the first 2 episodes but to continue it midway thro

As for her power, there’s nothing wrong with having her be strong as hell. However when you put obstacles in her path that she overcomes so easily, it makes the viewer wonder what exactly was the point of putting them there in the first place. So far her scenes with the Numenoreans and Ice Troll scream “Mary Sue”, as much as I hate using that word, and they can at least make her fights feel earned.

Things could change in the upcoming eps but as of right now I find her character more annoying than anything.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
IMO, the way she is portrayed just isn’t likable. Always frowning, arrogant, condescending, unhappy, overbearing etc. Even with her talks to Halbrand and the Queen her attitude still isn’t even softened and there’s little progression in her demeanor.
I can understand her acting like that in the first 2 episodes but to continue it midway thro

Is she supposed to be likeable though?

Her Elfsquadron turned on her, Gil-Galad and his peoples tried to get rid of her and she's stuck with humans who distrust Elves. On top she's hellbent on convincing everybody to go to war with the Orcs and Sauron.

I'm still convinced that she's exactly the way she should be, and we'll see her softening up (we've already seen that a bit imo, in some moments with Elrond and Tal-Palantir/Miriel/Halbrand). I'm sure once Celeborn comes into the picture this will continue.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

:ehh:

As for her power, there’s nothing wrong with having her be strong as hell. However when you put obstacles in her path that she overcomes so easily, it makes the viewer wonder what exactly was the point of putting them there in the first place. So far her scenes with the Numenoreans and Ice Troll scream “Mary Sue”,

sounds like Cap 1, Thor 1, Gandalf (most scenes), Legolas (most LoTR scenes) etc to me ...

as much as I hate using that word, and they can at least make her fights feel earned.

Things could change in the upcoming eps but as of right now I find her character more annoying than anything.

her troop forced her to return home and she almost died at sea. she was saved by halbrand. those are "losses".

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm

‘Rings of Power’ Debuts at No. 1 on Streaming Chart
The big-budget The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power had a big opening weekend on Nielsen’s SVOD charts, outdrawing House of the Dragon among streaming users. It was not, however, the biggest opening ever for Amazon’s Prime Video in terms of total viewing time.

The Rings of Power captured 1.25 billion minutes of viewing time following its Sept. 1 premiere in the U.S., the only streaming title to top a billion minutes for the week. HBO’s House of the Dragon, meanwhile, ticked up week to week with 781 million minutes on HBO Max (the latter’s total doesn’t include viewing on HBO’s linear channels, which accounts for a significant portion of its overall audience).

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
Is she supposed to be likeable though?

Her Elfsquadron turned on her, Gil-Galad and his peoples tried to get rid of her and she's stuck with humans who distrust Elves. On top she's hellbent on convincing everybody to go to war with the Orcs and Sauron.

I'm still convinced that she's exactly the way she should be, and we'll see her softening up (we've already seen that a bit imo, in some moments with Elrond and Tal-Palantir/Miriel/Halbrand). I'm sure once Celeborn comes into the picture this will continue.
You can still show depht to unlikable characters though. She's only shown one way the entire time (other than her smiling while riding her horse in slow motion, which is why it felt so out of place). There's no reason for her to be so one dimensional.

We're supposed to believe that the Numenor dad guy and queen would agree to help her after she was just a huge bytch making demands at everyone? She insulted the queen, broke into the King's room and was just like "Oh shyt, my bad, but you have to help me you dumb bytch" and the Queen just goes for it?? Dad guy tells her he won't rat on her trying to escape, so then she demands he take her to some old library, where she continues to be a bytch to him for some reason, and the dude is just like "Yeah my family just loves all elves unconditionally, I don't even care that you are a sour bytch".

They haven't shown any diplomacy from her. She hasn't turned off the bytch attitude since her first scene. Real people don't act like that. They didn't even have a scene where someone says "You're an a$$hole, but you're right" or something like that. They just keep listening to her demands as she talks down to them and shyts on everyone.

Even the scene where she told ol' boy that she fears that the crew that abandoned her see the same way she sees Sauron, or whatever she said, her facial expression was still stuck on bytch, and she didn't soften or show any vulnerability in her mannerisms when it seemed like the scene called for it. I think her wooden acting is just as big a problem as the writing. If she's supposed to be leading the show they need to make some changes to her character fast.

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
I saw that mountain (pre-volcano) and audibly said

jason-bourne.gif

Jesus Christ...That's Mount Doom :ohhh: