Lord of The Rings: Rings of Power TV Series - Season 2 (August. 29. 2024/Official Thread)

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
This lore is way cooler than anything I've seen so far
This is why i love LOTR and the witcher and stuff like that but never got into Game of Thrones.
Game of thrones doesn't commit fully enough to fantasy aspect. They seems to rely more on sex and nudity. Throw in a dragon and call it Fantasy.
I watched the first two seasons, and didn't see any magic, no enchanted weapons, no elves or orcs and whatnot. The one dwarf in the series was just a regular little person not from a race of Dwarves. basically just a historical drama with an occasional dragon to make it fit into this genre. To me if thats how it's gonna play, they might as well ground it completely in reality and base it on true story from the middle ages.
but everybody else loves it(no doubt because sex sells). but it gets boring to me,

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
This is why i love LOTR and the witcher and stuff like that but never got into Game of Thrones.
Game of thrones doesn't commit fully enough to fantasy aspect. They seems to rely more on sex and nudity. Throw in a dragon and call it Fantasy.
I watched the first two seasons, and didn't see any magic, no enchanted weapons, no elves or orcs and whatnot. The one dwarf in the series was just a regular little person not from a race of Dwarves. basically just a historical drama with an occasional dragon to make it fit into this genre. To me if thats how it's gonna play, they might as well ground it completely in reality and base it on true story from the middle ages.
but everybody else loves it(no doubt because sex sells). but it gets boring to me,
Funnily that's exactly why I prefer ASOIAF to any other fantasy. More focus on realism than all the faeries, elves and dwarves stuff you get with high fantasy. You should be aware though, that part of the story of GOT is about magic being reintroduced to the world with the return of dragons. It's never going to be high fantasy, but, at least in the books, magic does take a much larger role towards the end compared to the beginning.
And the draw of GOT was the political intrigue and great writing. The sex and violence was to keep the simpletons watching. The lack of the former is what made people upset about the last few seasons, despite including the latter.

Daps
Looking at the reviews for the show just shows how powerful White Supremacy is and how White Supremacists can get on code in an instant world wide.

Its worth pointing out that the opinion of the show was already extremely negative just based off of trailers alone

Daps
I don't think it gets a 2nd season. Bezos is haemorrhaging money.

You can blame 'White Supremacy' all you want. It won't make the story and writing any better.

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
Durin: Give me the meat and give it to me raw :dame:

That line was on some

help-lips.gif

shyt.

Other than that, I thought this was the best episode. They need to maintain this type of quality to make this a must watch, cuz, given the choice between watching Bad Sisters or this episode, I chose Bad Sisters first.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Feels like this show has already lost a lot of buzz.

Amazon is pushing this shyt heavy but no one really gives a fukk