Lord of The Rings: Rings of Power TV Series - Season 2 (August. 29. 2024/Official Thread)

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Non-book readers must be hella confused by these conversations about Feanor, Valinor, Morgoth etc. :russ:

Yeah it’s a shame they don’t have access to the silmarillion. With how beautiful this show looks and the budget they were given, it would have been epic if they could adapt the silmarillion. Imagine epic moments like Fingolfin vs Morgorth or Tulkas coming to bind Morgorth. Don’t know why the Tolkien estate didn’t let them have access to that.

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
Yeah it’s a shame they don’t have access to the silmarillion. With how beautiful this show looks and the budget they were given, it would have been epic if they could adapt the silmarillion. Imagine epic moments like Fingolfin vs Morgorth or Tulkas coming to bind Morgorth. Don’t know why the Tolkien estate didn’t let them have access to that.

They fumbled the bag. They only have about 25 years till his work goes to the public domain. Amazon putting their bezos bucks behind the silmarillion would have taken their wealth to the next level.

Now they're risking their brand letting amazon make their own plot.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
The show looks great, which it should considering the budget, but I have no idea what the story is

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The show looks great, which it should considering the budget, but I have no idea what the story is
:jbhmm: I try not to spoil it for ya but the main plot is Galadriel is searching for evidences that Sauron is still active because the elves think he dead and gone everything your seeing is building up to the second coming of Sauron and is army of doom:demonic:

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
This show just isn’t for me. It looks great, but the writing is kinda wack. So is the tone.

I don’t give a single shyt about the little dirty nappy headed cac hobbit wannabes. I don’t care about elf breh, his big tiddy pawg, and her shythead son. And honestly Galadriel seems like a bytch. And when she isn’t being that she’s just… bland?

Seeing as how I didn’t really like the originals either I gotta bow out. Maybe this Tolkien shyt just isn’t for me.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Game of Thrones and LOTR have almost nothing in common. Such a lazy comparison. LOTR is pure fantasy/adventure in my eyes. Game of Thrones has fantasy elements but it's political discourse is what drives it as it mirrors real world issues. You watch LOTR to get away from the real world.

"Football and baseball are the same because they are both sports with teams" is how lazy that comp is.

BlackXCL

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
t.
I usually hate fantasy shyt, so I never watched a single episode of GOT or any of TLOR movies, Hobbit -- NO fantasy movies.

But I decided to give this a shot because the production values are fukking insane and im a sucker for that shyt.

Needless to say I had to watch the first episode twice, and literally google certain names to see what they were all about. I am enjoying the show so far and look forward to more. I think theres gonna be some set pieces later on that fukking blow us away.

Also - Amazon got Dolby support just for this show, hot damn. It looks NUTS on the C1 OLED :wow:

I cant get over the production values though, easily the best looking show ever, Jeff Bezos :wow:

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Game of Thrones and LOTR have almost nothing in common. Such a lazy comparison. LOTR is pure fantasy/adventure in my eyes. Game of Thrones has fantasy elements but it's political discourse is what drives it as it mirrors real world issues. You watch LOTR to get away from the real world.

"Football and baseball are the same because they are both sports with teams" is how lazy that comp is.
Yeah in term of video games it would be like comparing fire emblem to elder scrolls they are both medieval fantasy video games but there are still big difference between the two were comparing them would be pointless.