Lord Jamar DEMOLISHES KRS-One's claim of Latinos pioneering Hip-Hop

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
this is a fact and therefore puertoricans started hiphop as well

spics aint a monolith so all you did was explain circular rhetoric

the reason latinos are so racist is because of the white washed colonial mentalities

FACTS!

Herc, Mel and Caz were all at the Apple Store doing a workshop a few years ago.

Herc went into how Puerto Ricans were some of the first breakers he ever saw and the ones who really helped in pushing that out to the masses. He spoke about how he came up with the term "breakdancers" because they were dancing to the breaks he was playing, and how that movement wouldn't have been possible without the Latin community coming in and helping to start that for the culture. Mel and Caz had the same stories. Caz said that Herc was the one that inspired him, Flash, Melle Mel, Bam, etc.

Caz always says Herc was the first one to do what would become Hip Hop culture later. And that Herc was the one his generation viewed as the founder who started everything that other people would go on to perfect and master. He said "Herc is the father of Hip Hop as far as everybody that you respect in the culture is concerned". He said people try to discredit Herc and create new narratives, but for the people that were there and not hating on Herc, everyone knew that he was the one back then. Caz is my guy, so I know all of his stories, lol. He always told us he was the first rapper and that before him, there was only Coke La Rock. but Coke wasn't a traditional rapper. He would just take phrases that Herc gave him and shout them out over the music when Herc was on the tables. Red Alert tells the same stories about Herc. All of the founders say they got everything from Herc.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I just stop acknowledging these fair weather loan dodger rappers and their bullshyt.

If you nOt fully skilled in the emcee pillar

Plus fail to do your job.
that you campaigned for as an emcee

fukk whatever you talembout.
That goes for jamar and krs.

Nobody can get into hiphop culture as a gateway frfr.

As these type of loan dodger rappers.
not really fully skilled as emcees.
Plus when asked to uphold the standard mores and norms of the new school way of thought.
flaug.

It is like it always was. NO passes given and fukk wtf you talembout.

That goes for both:

Jamar
Krs one

both flaug on a level that is and was never allowed. Plus built their career in never giving passes. So keep the same energy.
with that same energy it was always fukk wtf a toy was talembout.

Same here.

fukk what those toys talembout.
Ol hiphop only convenient toy face ass nikkaz.

Till krs diss bambaata.

Till jamar grow a pair and battle eminem.

They bOth can stfu.

Art Barr

PROTEGE TO A LEGEND

YOU CAN TELL'EEM I SAID IT.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Nah. Herc never "admitted" anything. He's clearly saying what he used to discover Hip Hop.

:childplease: "It was going on in 1970, and it wasn't going anywhere after 1973"

"I saw breakdancers going off in the Tunnel in 1970"

HE's clearly saying that HipHop already existed!

All of those things are ingredients.

If the ingredients existed already, then it would be impossible for Herc to be the creator of it.:comeon:

They are NOT Hip Hop. Herc took things that pre-dated the culture and put them together to MAKE them Hip Hop.

Herc never did such a thing!:

Herc didn't RAP

HERC didn't make bboys dance to the breaks, they already were doing that!

HERC didn't create the FASHION

HERC didn't coin the term "HIPHOP"

HERC didn't loop breaks

...I can go and on...:mjlol:

to top it off, the guy that showed Herc the double copy method

Clark Kent says he was breakdancing in Harlem and then at Dj Smokeys (west side bronx) before he even knew who Herc was!

NORIN RAD: "So you were basically breaking at Chuck Center BEFORE you met Kool Herc?"

CLARK KENT:"Before I even met Kool Herc! That's where The (N***er) Twins and I honed our skills and we would go down there with cats like Wallace Dee and Chip. These are guys from the era of like Trixie and them. We ran with a whole host of cats down there before we found out what Herc was doing what he was doing on the Westside (of the Bronx).One of the names I wanna mention though is Dancing Doug!!!Back then Chuck Center was one of the places where we encountered Dancing Doug! The premier place to do breaking became Kool Herc's parties but prior to Kool Herc's we used to go to (DJ) Smokey's parties, you know, the Twins and I. From Smokey's we caught on to Chuck Center and then from Chuck Center we caught on to what Herc was doing. And out of all the places we went, you know, we honed our skills! A lot of people have this misconception that we got our skills at Kool Herc's...by the time the Twins and I arrived at Kool Herc's we was already elite!!!! And that's why we quickly ran through whoever thought they was somebody at Kool Herc's at that time. It was only a matter of time before you got on our nerves and you kept running your mouth.. There's nothing that they were involved in that I wasn't there for and there is nothing that I was involved in that they wasn't there for. We were like triplets. Wherever you seen one you seen all three of us when it came to movin' around in Hiphop. We used to travel down to Chuck Center which is one of the places we really honed our skills at before finding out about Kool Herc and going to Kool Herc's parties. We would go to Chuck Center like every other week 'cause they had a dance contest and we used to love winning that dance contest."

Castles In The Sky

DJ Smokey predated Herc in Herc's own area! He started in 1972!

Many names that came to be associated with Herc, were SMOKETRONS first!

Dj Smokey had who's who of early HipHop at his Jams; Flash was his record boy!

sureshot_la_rock

The man, the myth, the legend... the countless number of DJs, MCs, and bboys birthed from the parties in Apt 5D on 169th and Grant Ave are countless... Grandmaster Flash, Mele Mel, Pow Wow, Almighty Kay Gee, and countless others. Herc's nemesis... A man Phase2 held in the highest regard and for good reason... the grand incredible DJ Smokey... his dancers represented the first bboy and bgirl crews in existence... The Smoke-a-trons and Luck-a-trons go back to at least 1974... #knowyourhistory #knowyourroots #rockrockon

sureshot_la_rock

@hiphopenthusiast1 First of all, what does something Paradise said about Mario and two turntables and a mixer have to do with this discussion about the Smokeatrons? Second, Phase2 flew the Smokey flag! As a matter of fact, he made it a point of keeping his name alive when cats talked about Herc and didn't mention Smokey. He wasn't taking anything away from Herc... He was just combating the false narrative that there was only one guy doing it... And you do know Mel is on tape multiple times saying the first time he ever saw a DJ and experienced hip hop was at a Smokey party, right?.. He literally said that.. at least twice... Once on a documentary Phase2 was involved with putting together! But back to the topic at hand... the Smokeatrons... Pow Wow was a Zulu King who said he first saw the Smokeatrons before he was a Zulu King. Matter of fact, and I quote, Pow Wow states, "To me at that time the Smokeatrons was the baddest bboy crew out".. Ron, one of the Smokeatrons actuallt taught Pow Wow to dance! He taught him that "hardcore bboy shyt"... you also know Flash was one of Smokey's record boys and used to go to his jams on Grant Ave... props to Flash for studying Smokey and then Herc to take things to the next level but cmon man... he was at Smokey's with Marcus Rockwell (another Zulu King).. Clark Kent, the Twins, Almighty KayGee.. they all started at Smokeys... DST talks about him, too... but I'm confused? Mean Gene literally says him and Flash went to "Smokey's house... we went there to hang out and listen to him playing music. Smokey was a brother that played music EVERY SINGLE DAY outside in front of his building. We always went over there for the block parties. We were breakdancing over there, did our thing and we left. Smokey's spot and also Lucky's spot were our main stomping grounds for doing our dancing. You are correct about that."

Last edited:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
homey literally quoted things that contradict his stance

:comeon:
i dont think he really reads any of it

:comeon:
tried to tell me wasnt no puerto ricans in the spades Lmfao

OG spades that started in Bronxdale were 5% and NOI influenced and formed in part because of Ricans trying to bully black youth

Most HipHop historians who mention the Black Spades never bring up why they were formed:lolbron:

OG wardlord Bam Bam of the Spades talks about it here (2:48). He said they used to call Ricans "Germans" lol

Our Community Elder Bam Bam is a great teacher and speaker with great knowledge from experience... Back before Hip Hop.. caucasian gangs/caucasian people dominated The Bronx streets and would frequently "jump" beat up brown skin youth as depicted in the movie "A Bronx Tale.".... Bam Bam teaches how in Junior High School 123 there was a Puerto Rican gang who was trying to make African American youth pay money just to walk up a certain staircase.

@TKALYPSOX

1 year ago
Mr. Wayne (or anyone with knowledge of that time period), Elder Bam Bam mentioned that black members of the community were being assaulted by the "Germans." He stated that was what they referred to them as, who is he referring to as the "Germans?"

@bxdale83

1 year ago
Puerto Ricans

@bxdale83

10 months ago
@IAMHIPHOP974 Germans was a slur specifically for Puerto Ricans

@bxdale83

9 months ago
I don't know why they continue to ignore that. As Bam Bam said in this video and according to the Spade founders David Brockington and Guru they mobilized after the beef they had with Puerto Ricans in JHS 123. Now not all Puerto Ricans and blacks had drama but often times it were the PR's that came straight from the island that were not used to black/Latino relationships and often stayed with their kind.

that picture you saw with "9 Puerto Ricans" wasn't anywhere near the Spades region of origin

:russ::camby:

Last edited:

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
Nah. Herc never "admitted" anything. He's clearly saying what he used to discover Hip Hop.

All of those things are ingredients.

They are NOT Hip Hop. Herc took things that pre-dated the culture and put them together to MAKE them Hip Hop.
homey literally quoted things that contradict his stance

i dont think he really reads any of it

tried to tell me wasnt no puerto ricans in the spades Lmfao

like ngga u grew up in west fukk bama foh this my life

@IllmaticDelta does this thing where he'll post a bunch of irrelevant videos that either contradict a point or go off topic to a point. And he will execute it as if he is correcting someone but 50% of the time he's just posting a bunch of videos as a distraction. A few posters fall for it and dap him up as if he made a point ( some will dap him 1 minute after a post filled with videos that are over 1 minute confirming they didnt even watch the videos) but when you actually watch the videos and compare them to the point he's debating 50% of the time the videos dont even match the point he is contesting. And according to him he is never wrong even when he is proven wrong.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
New Rochelle is closer to the Bronx than Brooklyn is. lol
And Brooklyn was always late on hip hop compared to uptown.

And unlike New Rochelle, many Brooklyn kids actually went to school uptown, so they were in those circles more than someone from upstate.