Lord Jamar DEMOLISHES KRS-One's claim of Latinos pioneering Hip-Hop

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
And Brooklyn was always late on hip hop compared to uptown.

And unlike New Rochelle, many Brooklyn kids actually went to school uptown, so they were in those circles more than someone from upstate.
A small village town (Pelham) separates the Bronx and New Rochelle they are basically next to each other. And like you said Brooklyn was late.
The 'upstate' dig was unnecessary Lord Jamar is an actual MC with a large discography no need to discount it based on where he's from.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
@IllmaticDelta does this thing where he'll post a bunch of irrelevant videos that either contradict a point or go off topic to a point. And he will execute it as if he is correcting someone but 50% of the time he's just posting a bunch of videos as a distraction. A few posters fall for it and dap him up as if he made a point ( some will dap him 1 minute after a post filled with videos that are over 1 minute confirming they didnt even watch the videos) but when you actually watch the videos and compare them to the point he's debating 50% of the time the videos dont even match the point he is contesting. And according to him he is never wrong even when he is proven wrong.

I only deal with FACTS!

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
A small village town (Pelham) separates the Bronx and New Rochelle they are basically next to each other. And like you said Brooklyn was late.
The 'upstate' dig was unnecessary Lord Jamar is an actual MC with a large discography no need to discount it based on where he's from.
And hes not from the south bronx to be telling Kris what was going on in his part of town.

NYC Rebel

Daps
Is the logic here that if spanish kids saw black kids doing something & began to do it too, those spanish kids should get credit for starting it too?
KRS didn't say Spanish kids "started" it.
I tell you this....hip hop had no problem having park jams in Rican neighborhoods compared to cac ones in NYC back then.

NYC Rebel

Daps
KRS was a toddler back then and Jamar was either not born or a baby. Neither of them were actually there. They are both recounting second hand info.

yall keep making "back then" to 72 as if hip hop wasn't still a toddler in 77' to 80'.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
yall keep making "back then" to 72 as if hip hop wasn't still a toddler in 77' to 80'.
Yeah, but this is about the origins right? A lot can happen between 1972 and 1980. This argument is about the minutia, intricate details of the beginning it has to be broken down like that chronologically.

Cool DOC

All Star
Daps
KRS didn't say Spanish kids "started" it.
I tell you this....hip hop had no problem having park jams in Rican neighborhoods compared to cac ones in NYC back then.
I wasn't misquoting Kris or Jamar, I was asking a general question.

It seems the original debate was how it started & its turned into a discourse about who was around.

The ? Remainz.

And growing up, I don't recall any neighborhoods that were exclusively spanish in the X. Cant speak for the rest of city tho.

Last edited:

NYC Rebel

Daps
Yeah, but this is about the origins right? A lot can happen between 1972 and 1980. This argument is about the minutia, intricate details of the beginning it has to be broken down like that chronologically.
76 is still a part of the origin story.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
They still was too young too 100% remember it's origins. Regardless. There's a difference between participation and creation. Show me early hip hop DJ sets with Jamaican and/or Hispanic break beats and samples. Hip hop is Black American music and creation at it's core. And there's nothing wrong with stating that fact.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
76 is still a part of the origin story.
I mean if you want to go with overview but if we are getting into details stating something happened 1st in 76' for example while something in 72' very similar or exact preceded it creates inaccurate history.

This topic it seems it is being used to separate Hip Hop heads of different backgrounds which is unfortunate, BUT historical accuracy is important and generally speaking Hip Hop is an FBA thing. And saying so without any qualification is not wrong. Sure other types of people were involved but Black people and Black music drove it. That's undeniable.

NYC Rebel

Daps
They still was too young too 100% remember it's origins. Regardless. There's a difference between participation and creation. Show me early hip hop DJ sets with Jamaican and/or Hispanic break beats and samples. Hip hop is Black American music and creation at it's core. And there's nothing wrong with stating that fact.
Yall stay stuck on the music aspect. Hip hop culture wasn’t just DJing. And acting as if Flash isn’t from Barbados is mad wild.

Immigrants came to this city and became New Yorkers, with Black Americans being the pre-dominant group. Yall literally want to “tether” Flash and Red Alert now.

These are wild times

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
I only deal with FACTS!

:duck:

Even now you just posted a bunch of videos as a distraction when I never said anything Hip Hop related. I was pointing out your gimmick.

I thought you were stand up till you got caught lying about Ralph McDaniel not knowing what was going on in The Bronx during the 70s. You were feeling ya self so hard trying to discredit Ralph that you forgot you said he didn't know what was going on in The Bronx during the 70s and you posted an article where he said he got into Hip Hop in 1976.

:heh:

That article you posted after saying Ralph got into Hip Hop in 76 exposed the lie you pulled out your ass about him not knowing what was going on in The Bronx. I'm gonna throw that in your face forever.

And I caught you in 2 more lies but that Ralph McDaniel lie was the first time I caught you lying and making up bullshyt and realizing that you will do that in an attempt to win an argument. FACTS.