Looks like I missed my chance to get an 190k a year job brehs

YamakaSmacker

Banned
Daps
So 190 fresh after graduating? What about the Barr exam? Were you just gonna be a high paid paralegal? I'm not sure how this works as I'm a blue collar breh

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
Some intestinal problems. Doctors say it may be Crohn's

Have went from 175 to 130 in the past year
Crohns a bytch:picard:

One of my dad good friends missed out on a D1 scholarship for track cuz of that shyt. Said he would wake up and be on the toilet all day. On top of that he lost a ton of weight and could barely run when conditioning came around.

His basement full of all his high school and JUCO awards/trophys:mjcry:

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
I studied more than I have in my entire life
You don't understand how difficult law school is. You can right an A+ exam but if everyone else writes equally good exams you can end up with a B because it is a curved grading system. They have to get a certain amount of each grade.
Then technically you didn’t write an A+ exam. That’s like going into court and losing, but after the fact saying, “I had a winning strategy, but my opponent did a better job convincing the jury.” Then you didn’t have a winning strategy.

Maude

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Midwest
Then technically you didn’t write an A+ exam. That’s like going into court and losing, but after the fact saying, “I had a winning strategy, but my opponent did a better job convincing the jury.” Then you didn’t have a winning strategy.

Lol I wouldn’t want @String Bell to represent me with a argument like that.:mjlol:

Daps

He didn’t do the best job phrasing it, but for law school exams, there’s not a huge difference between the worst A exam and a middle of the pack B. There are outliers that are god tier and shytty ones. But the low As and mid Bs are going to look EXTREMELY similar. There’s a pretty well known joke amongst law students that professors just throw the exams down the stairs and give grades based on where they landed.

Maude

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Midwest
I go to an elite law school that the major law firms in the country hire from. They hire in the summer of your 1st year of law school and you work there the next summer and after graduation and they a pay a ridiculous amount of money (190k a year + bonuses).

However, I got mediocre grades by law school standards all Bs and B+'s. I didnt get a job from on campus interviewing and now have been applying like crazy to major firms all across th country with no luck. Once August is over these major firms rarely hire and are preparing for the next recruiting cycle next year for the next crop of first year law students.

So, if I dont by miracle get a job I'll be lucky to get a 60k a year job at a small firm or government. Get bad grades brehs, fukk up the bag brehs.

:francis:
:wow:
:mjcry:
Breh if you don’t get the job you want after school you will be ok. Use that time to humble yourself and gain experience. If you aren’t getting the results you want you might not be working hard as you think you are.
I fukked around my jr year and didn’t get any internships before graduating. Worked at a little startup and got experience for a 2 years now I’m working for one a large health care provider making good money at the same time getting 6 figure offers from silicone valley tech companies to join one of their teams. If it don’t happen overnight breh doesn’t mean you lost it forever

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Depends on what you consider "elite". I'm applying to Georgetown, Columbia, and Howard. My adviser said I have a good chance at getting into whatever school I apply to so we'll see.

You can go to Howard and get most of the same opportunities as people from the top schools

I know a girl who came out of Howard with a base of $160k

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
I left law school to go in the Army

I met a dude while there who was finishing up his 3rd year

Dude got his Bachelor's from Temple (all student loans)

And had all loans for law school

His 1st year of law school his loan only was enough to pay tuition
So he lived out his car
And the janitor at the school let him in early to shower and shyt

Grades were regular

This dude finished and had over 200k in student loans :mjlol:

The only job he got was in Kentucky for the DAs office making 27k:mjlol:

nikka was homeless for a year to make a cashier salary:mjlol:

The average lawyer in America doesn't make close to 50k:wow:

So glad I left that shyt

The army paid off the student loans
Gave me a 20k signing bonus
And gave me the post 911 gi bill
:wow:

I got out the army started privately contracting and did aight:wow:

Last edited:

Karb

Veteran
Daps
You wanted it to be one way :francis:

Now you just gotta start from a lower position and grind your way to the top:yeshrug:

Could be a blessing in disguise and give you that next level hunger and drive for excellence :wow:

Or it could break you :ufdup:

Depends on how you move forward from here.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
What’s the path for the 80% of students who don’t get big law gigs. I’m sure there have to be other ways to eat coming from a T14 program. Entertainment law? Real estate? Can you go straight to corporate or do those roles usually only go to people leaving big law firms?

But yea, if you’re not the top 10-15% of your class, you’re not landing big law :francis:

Better find an area of law you’re passionate about and go that route since chasing the $ didn’t work :manny:

Edit: you can also look into consulting jobs at MBB, I know they do tend to hire some JD’s into their associate classes. I believe they all start at 130-150k