Looking Back At It...106&Park Had Some fukkery...LMAO

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
- I remember Bow Wow video use to be number 1, so much, they had to retire that shyt :russ:

- I wanna say a chick in the audience was so strung out on the Hot Boys, they brought her up on stage, she had all them nigs, names tattooed on her and Baby said he was gonna take her on a shopping spree, she started crying LMAO.. Wonder where she's at now :russ:

- When Ciara came on the show and was challenging folks 50k if they could prove that she wasn't a man :bryan:

- Spring Bling 106 and Rocsi in that bikini dress :banderas:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal

I remember in an xxl they had an article called things we learned from bet or something like that.

One of the things was like "if you can't decide between braids or dreads, just say fukk it and get both."

I never looked at his hair the same after that. :pachaha:

Last edited:

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
When Hammer came on there after 9/11 to premier one of the corniest rap songs of all time. They played it that day and never again :mjlol:
"U-S-A! U-S-AYYYEEYAAA!":deadmanny:

And Rosci's whole steez was fraudulent. Who remembers the pre-106 video of her on some reality show sounding like Kourtney Kardashian instead of that fake NY accent she used on the show?

Hammer :dead:

Newark88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Newark, NJ
Fun fact, I actually went to high school with AJ and Bobby Trends from Hot 97 (St. Benedicts here in Newark.) They were 2 grades ahead of me. Never really kicked it in HS like that but when AJ use to host parties at Cheetah's in the city back in the early 00's, me and my man's never had to wait in line. Real cool brother.

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
They talked about it on i think the last episode but i can't remember why.

Yeah I remember them announcing it on air but I don't remember the "why". Plus whatever they would say on air would be bullshyt anyway though. At the time I thought it was because the network thought they were too old and wanted to compete for the TRL crowd.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I remember them announcing it on air but I don't remember the "why". Plus whatever they would say on air would be bullshyt anyway though. At the time I thought it was because the network thought they were too old and wanted to compete for the TRL crowd.
No I mean when they came back for the last show ever they said what went down.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps

Contact disputes was the biggest reason, then they used the age thing to get them out officially. I had read that for bit, AJ wasn’t even working there under an official contract yet. Sounded like some good faith thing.

Daps
Yeah I don't remember the reason they gave as to why they had to leave, I just noticed that the complexions of all the hosts on BET seemed to get lighter after that. :usure:

AJ and Free eventually gave way to Terrence and Rocsi :usure:

Jacqui Reed on BET News was replaced by that lightskinned chick with the English accent :usure:

They got Cita's World, the Caribbean music slot on the weekends, that fine chick that did the top 5 themed video countdowns, and that dude who came on before Rap City the fukk outta there :usure:

Yeah I'm reaching, but that stuck out to me a lot.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I don't remember the reason they gave as to why they had to leave, I just noticed that the complexions of all the hosts on BET seemed to get lighter after that. :usure:

Jacqui Reed on BET News was replaced by that lightskinned chick with the English accent :usure:

They got Cita's World, the Caribbean music slot on the weekends, that fine chick that did the top 5 themed video countdowns, and that dude who came on before Rap City the fukk outta there :usure:

Jackie Reid was :whoo:

Where is she now?

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga

yo that was wild when all them changes happened...all kinda happened around the same time too...that was when all that "Bet & MTV are both owned by the same company" shyt started to make sense to me. BET was turning into MTV right there. They got rid of all the signature shows and put in some new hypebeast bullshyt...

i still have my Planet Groove memories tho :sadcam:

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
yo that was wild when all them changes happened...all kinda happened around the same time too...that was when all that "Bet & MTV are both owned by the same company" shyt started to make sense to me. BET was turning into MTV right there. They got rid of all the signature shows and put in some new hypebeast bullshyt...

i still have my Planet Groove memories tho :sadcam:
Part of the problem was when Viacom purchased Bet they moved it to NY without it being in DC they lost alot of the good host imo.