Look at the WNBA Championship parade ya'll

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
shyt ain't rocket science. Even if you ain't a big tennis fan if you see Serena playin in her catsuit you gonna probably watch a few minutes :mjlit:

women have that advantage over men but instead WNBA wanna shy away from promoting their sexy ladies

women's tennis vs. women team sports is a different animal.

If you're dying to see Brittney Griner's bulge, that's on you, but if your primary goal is to watch bad bytches look cute on a basketball court, you don't need women basketball players for that, and eventually you'll tune out anyway.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

If you're dying to see Brittney Griner's bulge, that's on you, but if your primary goal is to watch bad bytches look cute on a basketball court, you don't need women basketball players for that, and eventually you'll tune out anyway.

They don't all be looking like Griner :comeon:

But what else are they selling? Women's Final Four can work because there is a built in fan base; there is shyt talk between fans and real rivalries and school pride. It doesn't work because of the overall product, although it was more entertaining than this year's men's final four

What does the WNBA have to sell people? The product don't have much life behind it. I mean the MLS ain't anywhere near the premier league but they make it work. What can the WNBA do to garner interest?

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
They don't all be looking like Griner :comeon:

But what else are they selling? Women's Final Four can work because there is a built in fan base; there is shyt talk between fans and real rivalries and school pride. It doesn't work because of the overall product, although it was more entertaining than this year's men's final four

What does the WNBA have to sell people? The product don't have much life behind it. I mean the MLS ain't anywhere near the premier league but they make it work. What can the WNBA do to garner interest?

They don't all be looking like Skylar Diggins-Smith either. In a team sport you're not gonna be able to have different rules for everyone based on their looks.

You have to sell the sport. Without that, there's no credibility. Sell the players playing it. They're doing that.

MLS works to a degree because they appeal to the niche group of soccer fans who wanna see the sport grow domestically. The WNBA has to realize they have a niche group and hope that group grows. Depending on how you grade it, they're doing that. They know more people are watching on TV and know now that having a packed house of 5,000 >>> playing in a cavernous arena where you can tell 10,000 seats are empty. They're a pro league but they almost have to operate like a minor league and as I've told you guys a million times, America doesn't support minor league anything. It doesn't help the league that players will get more love, adulation and most of all, a bigger paycheck overseas. Solving the issue of salaries would help keep the best players in the world here.

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ
The WNBA needs a generational and trendsetting talent like Curry
And the only people who need to be legitimately mad at it being the failure it is are the team owners.
Still dont know why most of the coli loves to partake into kicking a woman's league that's already down as it is.
shyt makes no sense to me.

Naw, they’ve had plenty of those hyped generational type talents like Candace Parker, Delle (sp?), that chick who went to Uconn and plays for Minnesota etc

Nobody cares and will ever care about the WNBA

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
2 problems with that

1. Not every WNBA team has an NBA counterpart (nor do many of them play in the same arenas)

2. Ain't nobody tryna watch over 5 hours of hoops.

It's kinda wack that some of y'all really want the WNBA to fail.

You know what's crazy? That city would more upset if the Lynx disappeared than their NBA counterpart.
1 - Those teams get moved or contracted. This isn't about being nice or "fair" anymore. The league has failed to work on it's own for over 2 decades.

2 - It is still their best chance IMO.I can't imagine someone so interested in basketball that they watch the wnba and then scoff at the fact that LeBron James is playing in an hour and leave the arena :russ:

The funny thing is my friend has this theory about the NBA/WNBA that they are trying to get the 2 leagues to form into one. His reasoning is the rise the 3 point shot, softening the game etc.

I can't ever see it happening.

Last edited:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
1 - Those teams get moved or contracted. This isn't about being nice or "fair" anymore. The league has failed to work on it's own for over 2 decades.

The independent ownership most teams have are why those teams have stayed afloat. Only Phoenix, Indiana,
Minnesota and NY are owned by their NBA counterpart. Teams like Connecticut were placed where they are because they’re in markets better suited for women’s hoops.

2 - It is still their best chance IMO.I can't imagine someone so interested in basketball that they watch the wnba and then scoff at the fact that LeBron James is playing in an hour and leave the arena :russ:

The flip side is they play in front of less people than they do now because nobody is gonna leave work early on a cold ass day to watch the women’s basketball game at 4 (and who would televise it at that time?)

And worse, what if that game went to OT or later and delayed the NBA game? There’s a reason why the NBA has only really tried this with the Lakers and their G-League team and that’s not happening again. If they’re playing in these smaller arenas, let them. For most of them it’s better that way.

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
Meh, not funny. Pretty sad actually as basketball is the team sport that women have the best chance at gaining a mass audience today in this country.

The only way the WNBA survives is if they plan the schedule so that they travel with the men. Let the women play the early games then let the men player later on that night. Make it an extra nominal fee to get into the area early, watch the games...maybe sell a few more shirts, hot dogs etc. I think they will still be in the red once you consider the extra security and other staff you will have to hire, but I really think that's the only shot it has. Market it as "Women's First" or some shyt to see what kind of interest you can build...try it for a few years and if it still doesn't pick up just dump it.

By to be real that league is pretty much done and the NBA is likely just keeping it out there to avoid any public backlash.
not a half-bad idea (logistics withstanding). I already got the song that they can warm up to at 2:45pm CST, as the 1,100 fans file into the corded off area of the stadium:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
The independent ownership most teams have are why those teams have stayed afloat. Only Phoenix, Indiana,
Minnesota and NY are owned by their NBA counterpart. Teams like Connecticut were placed where they are because they’re in markets better suited for women’s hoops.

The flip side is they play in front of less people than they do now because nobody is gonna leave work early on a cold ass day to watch the women’s basketball game at 4 (and who would televise it at that time?)

And worse, what if that game went to OT or later and delayed the NBA game? There’s a reason why the NBA has only really tried this with the Lakers and their G-League team and that’s not happening again. If they’re playing in these smaller arenas, let them. For most of them it’s better that way.
fukk television starting out. Throw it on youtube WNBA.com and NBA.com for free for 2 years and have it serve as a lead-in to the NBA games.

They need to stop the bleeding first and this is the quickest band-aid I can think of to help a bit with the costs of logistics and separate venues. If teams have to go then so be it. Hell does the league even need more than 4 teams in it's current state?

Let the overtime be a 1 round 3 point contest if it gets to that point. Tied? Sudden death half court shot.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

go to14:30

giphy.gif

How many people watched your videos but haven't seen a minute of this years wnba playoffs?

Game 5's on both sides, winners go to the finals. If D.C. wins it all there will be a parade. D.C. got bytches ya dig. And if you wanna check out the history of the league, the mystics used to lead the league in attendance back when this shyt first started as we sucked back then.

Got Shamika Holdsclaw (female Kobe) and we still stunk but that's over now. Fem-FLOCK got this :smugbiden:

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps

Breh, I watch women's team volleyball and they're as tall as these WNBA players. I don't even care for volleyball:skip: