Little Girl breaks down after father taken in Mississippi ICE raid.

Luxury Tax

Middleman Money
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
2czakbc.jpg

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Interesting take though dont know if I can fully agree even as a Christian. One could argue the stance of not turning the other cheek from groups like the panthers/noi etc,made them more willing to bend to Dr King.

We could debate the various influences but that should be its own thread. But it's damn obvious that the SCLC's tactics were pure nonviolence and were the dominant force behind the successes in the Civil Rights Movement. You can't credit the Panthers - they didn't even start until 1966 after all the best W's were already on the board. It was about the time the Panthers started that shyt started going downhill. I like what the Panthers were doing in the community and I fukk with Assata something heavy (tried to name my daughter after her) but I don't think their overall stance was strategically beneficial to the movement on a large scale and we all saw how it turned out. You might make a better argument for the NOI in Malcolm's day but I think at most they had a very weak effect if positive at all.

It's crazy how many receipts there are for it working. Look up Poland's Solidarity movement that helped get the Soviets out - and no one thinks the fukking Soviets were chill. Look at what Andre Trocme was able to do standing up to the Nazis without ever touching a gun. People talk like the Brits are weak now but back a century ago they were the biggest colonizers in world history and they did that shyt with violence, yet a little skinny guy in a fukking robe forced them to run from their biggest money-making possession with their tails between their legs. And in the Philippines Marcos was a savage, he told the military to just kill them all, in the end his own military abandoned him cause they couldn't fukking do it.

It works. Not every time, but a lot more often than violence works. It's proven itself over and over again.

Ive said before I think cacs only really understand money and violence. Personally i dont want to do business with them and we cant honestly go to war with they system and not be killed off. Plus why would we?for what. Black people will wake up one day,realize our value and go build another America,realizing we are America essentially. Black people could make wherever we moved more relevant than America in 10 years tops:respect:
shyt goes a lot deeper than money and violence, but I do think that in most cases you gotta fukk up their economics to make it work. That's the main reason why nothing moving in this day and age - too many folk are too comfortable and don't want to fukk up their own money. You gotta make sacrifices, if you're fukking up their money then you're gonna suffer too for a period, and we ain't never gonna get shyt done until we're willing to suffer for it.

Black people will wake up one day,realize our value and go build another America,realizing we are America essentially. Black people could make wherever we moved more relevant than America in 10 years tops:respect:
Something someone said to me just a couple days ago got me thinking about whether we could do this IN America. The trick is walling off economically from the larger system. You have to buy up the land so that you ain't paying rents to White landowners (or anyone else). You gotta get people to refuse to go into debt so that interest payments aren't bleeding money outside the community. You gotta get people to commit to spending all their money within the community - they can take jobs outside the community so that they earn money on the outside, but then they got to bring that money INTO the community and keep it there. Maybe even issue script or some other shyt that can only be used local.

The prototype this guy was going off of was the Chinese in the late 1800s and early 1900s. White folk were racist as fukk towards Chinese people, there were multiple major massacres, mad racist shyt in the media constantly, in 1873 they completely banned any new ones from coming into the country full stop (the very first immigration ban). And yet from 1873 up through the 1940s the Chinese community steadily moved from mostly being in poverty to mostly doing okay. Apparently they were able to do this because they were completely cut off from White society - Chinatowns were their own independent economy where White people mostly didn't go and Chinese people didn't step out of. So they created all their own institutions and built that shyt up and slowly got in a better position.

I think it is perfectly okay to work alongside right-minded White people, it's perfectly okay to partner with them. But don't give up resources when the community needs those resources. If you giving the community's money away to rich white people then you will never get anywhere. And paying rent is just giving money away. Paying interest on debts is just giving money away. Buying shyt you don't need from big-ass multinational corporations like Nike and Amazon is just giving money away. THAT is the shyt we need to put a stop to if the community is going to get anywhere in this country.

Last edited:

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Bushed
Daps
So you only oppose White Supremacy if you see Latinos doing it first? And if you did see it you would change your tune?

I oppose it when it faces my people just like other groups do in regards to black people.

Should more Latinos support Black causes? Hell yeah. Does that mean none of them are supporting it now? That would be a stupid claim. There are plenty Latinos telling other Latinos to support Black Lives Matter, as just one example.
Try harder breh :comeon:

BLMs mission statement: We
are expansive. We are a collective of liberators who believe in an inclusive and spacious movement. We also believe that in order to win and bring as many people with us along the way, we must move beyond the narrow nationalism that is all too prevalent in Black communities. We must ensure we are building a movement that brings all of us to the front.

We affirm the lives of Black queer and trans folks, disabled folks, undocumented folks, folks with records, women, and all Black lives along the gender spectrum. Our network centers those who have been marginalized within Black liberation movements.

BLM is and was about globalism which is why they focus on inclusion of everyone,specifically LGBT, and why they say they must move past the narrow nationalism that’s prevalent in black communities. BLM was a catchy trend that trend hoppers hopped on not something that was about real upliftment of Black people

KingJay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly bouls, Trust the Process
Yall are gonna learn how to read for comprehension one of these days
You're trying to redirect, maybe you need some work on reading comprehension because I emphasized no matter where you stand on this situation. You're trying to bring in things not connected to my point or statement because you're dying to get some shyt off ya chest

Let it out somewhere else lil bro