Little Girl breaks down after father taken in Mississippi ICE raid.

Crimson_Dynamo

All Star
Daps
You know that's verifiably false, right?

I already brought receipts showing that the majority of US-born Latinos support Black Lives Matter, and the overwhelming majority of Latinos under 30 support Black Lives Matter. And we've had this argument before and I brought receipts showing that Latinos (especially Cubans) tend to get more liberal as time goes on, not less.
My own interactions with them says other wise. I also refuse to believe that Cubans of all people are left wing anything. Those people were jailed and stripped of their land by Castro cause they owned slaves and still mad about it.

And even if it was true (which I doubt) it's the chickens coming to roost scenario for them. After the economy tanked under Bush and rural whites started losing jobs then they had no more use for Mexicans that were used as a way to break up unions. Mexicans thought all they had to do was suck up to uncle Sam and was fine being against black people till Trump pulled the rug right from under them. Just like Asians liked being a model minority up until it started to effect their dating prospects.

T'krm

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BA DOS Af pr
What is your dumb ass talking about. Ive already stated the comments were reprehensible and aren't appropriate. Not sure why you keep mentioning me.

If you're trying to attack me based on the words of another poster, you're a moron.

Block me if you want. I don't give a fukk to be honest.

PS, I've never consigned any anti AA rhetoric you fukk boy. My problem is with you so called ADOS losers. Stop conflating the two to confuse people on purpose.
And Ados careless.Here,or irl.:yeshrug:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Pressure said:
You have to be a legal permanent resident for 5 years (green card) before you can apply. So you're talking about around 6 and a half years if he'd been a legal resident the entire time. :yeshrug:

Thanks for the info. Just shows dude wasn't even trying to become legal in the first place.....like someone driving around with NO license for years when it'd just take a couple weeks and less than $50 to get things right.​

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Thanks for the info. Just shows dude wasn't even trying to become legal in the first place.....like someone driving around with NO license for years when it'd just take a couple weeks and less than $50 to get things right.​
I don’t know his details, but him being arrested and not released he's probably not a green card holder. Possibly overstayed like most do. He got jammed up. That's the risk of working illegally.

Still sad to see these kids have their life upended based on their parents actions. :yeshrug:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
My own interactions with them says other wise.
There are plenty of Hispanic folk that don't give a shyt about Black Lives Matter. There are plenty of Hispanic folk that are racist as fukk. But I'm talking about national statistics. None of us have interacted with enough of them to be able to make claims that contradict the measured experience across America.

"Black, Hispanic and Asian youth already had expressed strong majority support for the Black Lives Matter movement in the June poll. Eighty-five percent of African-American young adults now say they support the protesters. Sixty-seven percent of Asian and 62 percent of Hispanic young adults agreed with that sentiment."

"Only 22% of Latinos expressed opposition to the Black Lives Matter movement, compared to a large plurality of 45% who expressed some support or strong support. When national origin is considered, 53% of U.S.-born Latinos support the movement compared to (a still solid) 41% of Latino immigrants."

"Asked specifically about recent killings of black people by the police, 72 percent of African-American young people, 61 percent of Asian-Americans, 51 percent of Latinos and 40 percent of whites said they consider those killings part of a larger pattern, rather than isolated."

I also refuse to believe that Cubans of all people are left wing anything. Those people were jailed and stripped of their land by Castro cause they owned slaves and still mad about it.
Breh, that was 60+ years ago, those fools are dead and the younger generations have their own concerns to worry about.

After decades of GOP support, Cubans shifting toward the Democratic Party

Cubans in the U.S. have long identified with or leaned toward the Republican Party, even as Hispanics overall have tilted Democrat. But the party affiliation of Cubans has undergone a shift over the past decade, according to a Pew Research Center analysis of survey data.

Less than half (47%) of Cuban registered voters nationwide now say they identify with or lean toward the Republican Party—down from the 64% who said the same about the GOP a decade ago, according to 2013 survey data. Meanwhile, the share of Cubans who identify with or lean toward the Democratic Party has doubled from 22% to 44% over the same time period, according to the survey of Hispanics.
The impact of younger Cubans is reflected in those figures. Over half (56%) of Cubans ages 18 to 49 identified with or leaned toward the Democratic Party compared with 39% of those 50 years and older. Conversely, older Cubans tend to identify with or lean toward the Republican Party more than younger Cubans, by 44% to 23%. Even so, the share of older Cubans who are Republican has declined over time. In 2002, among all Cubans, some 68% who were 50 and older said they identified with or leaned toward the Republican Party.

Among Latinos, those of Cuban origin have had some of the highest voter turnout rates. In 2012, 67% of Cuban Americans voted nationally, compared with 48% of Latinos overall. In the 2012 presidential election, the Cuban vote in Florida was split—49% supported Democrat Barack Obama while 47% supported Republican Mitt Romney, according to the national exit poll. Among all Latinos nationwide, Obama won 71% of the vote, compared with just 27% for Romney.

That's all from 2013, before Trump was even in the picture. The numbers have moved even more since then.

And even if it was true (which I doubt) it's the chickens coming to roost scenario for them. After the economy tanked under Bush and rural whites started losing jobs then they had no more use for Mexicans that were used as a way to break up unions. Mexicans thought all they had to do was suck up to uncle Sam and was fine being against black people till Trump pulled the rug right from under them. Just like Asians liked being a model minority up until it started to effect their dating prospects.
The polls showing more Latinos in favor of Black Lives Matter than against it go back to before Trump was even elected. And Latinos (other than Cubans) have been anti-Republican for as long as Black folk have.