Little Girl breaks down after father taken in Mississippi ICE raid.

Chrome2279

All Star
Daps
I honestly wish she was a little boy.

SO I wouldn't feel as bad for saying
Handful-of-Peanuts-Cropped-DSC03245-300x245.jpg
I don’t get it..

Benefited

Banned
Daps
I got an honest question and not trolling or anything.

How was the previous administration handling deportation? President Obama and his team deported the most immigrants in history.

Was he not tearing the parents from their kids? Or was he only deporting men and women with no kids? I imagine lots of families were torn apart then too. How was he handling this differently than what’s being portrayed by the media today?

He was deporting people who got caught commiting serious crimes.And focused on getting people out who had just arrived,much like what Trump is doing at the border. Trump is uprooting people who have been here for years. With that said we have said some bad things to each other in here. Im going to apoligize for setting the tone by foreshadowing negativity in my original post. I just thought this shyt was sad and relatable as Ive seen it happen to black kids many times. I made the bully comment knowing the "hyon" people were coming. But I shouldnt have reacted to their reactions as that is feminine,and technically i started it by saying that. So lets just relax now,be logical and not be disrespectful.

Daps
He actually has an extensive record of service:

Elijah E. Cummings

But you are aware that Cummings doesn't have any role in Baltimore's government, right? You're also aware that Cummings has been a Black man in the minority party for nearly his entire career in the federal government? And that procuring earmarks for your own district is banned? Love to hear what "something substantive" would mean to you under those circumstances.

Keep repeating right-wing talking points though, it fits you well.
One doesn’t need to channel earmarks to his district to enter Congress and become a strong advocate for the constituency who elected him. What, precisely, has Cummings sponsored that reflects strongly upon his role as a representative of the black people living in his district? Please, name some specific legislation you can cite, a bill or measure that has improved the economic and material welfare of Baltimore’s black population. :sas1:

Benefited

Banned
Daps

Create a thread and we can discuss that. This is about black people giving other nations the same energy that these other nations give them

If you can show me Mexicans going to battle for our causes then you have a point. If not then you’re just holding black people to a higher standard than you do other nationalities. Black people are last in this country yet you want them to get up to fight other people’s battles. Nah breh we cant let that slide
:yeshrug:

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
As much as I consider a lot of Mexicans to be racist phony pieces of shyt that use the n word vigorously to pretend they're one of us while covertly attacking us, I don't believe they should be discriminated against and locked in cages. That's just fukking inhumane. Would I do something about it? fukk na, I'm team #HYON when it specifically comes to them but if asked, I would speak out against it and agree with a fellow kinsman that defends them, just not at my expense. Especially when it comes to kids but maybe it's cause I'm not white, I'm black, a child of God that doesn't believe in discrimination or the whole superiority complex.

Something is really lacking in the African American brain. Dude said people that break a federal law shouldn’t be put in jail. Try avoiding immigration and customs in the airport and let me know the outcome.

Benefited

Banned
Daps
Eye for an eye is straight caveman shyt.

I love how some of you dumbasses will say Christianity is a CAC religion and then claim that Black folk are the only Christians in the world.

Jesus was a Jew who rejected that "eye for an eye" dumb shyt, and the Jews who didn't reject it were destroyed by the Romans just one generation later. Egyptians and Ethiopians started following the love your enemy gospel before the Europeans even knew what the hell it was about. The European colonizers rejected the gospel and practiced evil instead and that was EVIL, just like it was when the Jews did it.

How did following the gospel work out for ADOS? Well it got the CRM and the greatest gains in Black rights of the entire 20th century. Could have rolled with eye for an eye like gangbangers do, who is that working out for? Look at the countries in Africa that used nonviolent resistance to remove the colonizers, compare it to the ones that are still rolling with eye for an eye, which would you rather be? Following the gospel of nonviolence got India freed from the British, got the Philippines freed from Marcos, got Poland's Solidarity and the rest of Eastern Europe freed from the Soviet Union. Other guys were trying eye for an eye at the same time in Vietnam, Cambodia, Afghanistan, El Salvador, Nicaragua, etc....which one of THOSE do you want to be? Mentioning Haiti some of the dumbest shyt I seen, how did THAT work out in the long run?

Proven fact that nonviolent resistance is more effective than violent resistance. Proven for a fact that it's successful more often and it results in better governments in the end. You can see with your own damn eyes that the barbaric governments that practice eye for an eye....still look barbaric. Ya'll won't believe your own eyes, you just want to copy a violent caveman-level cac precedent instead of reaching for something higher.

Interesting take though dont know if I can fully agree even as a Christian. One could argue the stance of not turning the other cheek from groups like the panthers/noi etc,made them more willing to bend to Dr King. Ive said before I think cacs only really understand money and violence. Personally i dont want to do business with them and we cant honestly go to war with they system and not be killed off. Plus why would we?for what. Black people will wake up one day,realize our value and go build another America,realizing we are America essentially. Black people could make wherever we moved more relevant than America in 10 years tops:respect:

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
A lot of ya'll are sociopaths. You can be against illegal immigration and still sympathize with a child losing their father. Race has nothing to do with it. Losing a father or parent is one of the most painful experiences for a child. It can even be traumatizing.
The eventual blowback from this will be worse than Afghanistan and Iraq because these Latin countries are riiiiight there