Linus Tech Tips getting Called out on their Trash Content

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I'm loosely following this, but I can't do nothing but laugh at LTT. I think they legit just made a mistake and instead of being like "we fukked up" they got arrogant.
Mistakes aren't that big of a deal if the mistake is acknowledged and fixed. they gave that mouse a bad review due to high friction because they didn't take the protective film off, then when it was pointed out, they claimed they did take the film off. When people started pointing out how you can see the film during testing, they just edited that part out of the video, stood by the review, and blamed the packaging.

This is inexcusable for the type of content they produce.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Linus responds:

I don't watch this channel's content, but this is one of the fukking dumbest apology videos I've ever seen in my life, and I'm only three and a half minutes in.

The fact that THREE SEPARATE PEOPLE have come on to Juelz before the actual person who fukked up to say that they fukked up says everything.

Apologize using people you know good and damn well you know your audience doesn't give a fukk about as shields, crehs. :mjlol:

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I told chatgpt to summarize the bulletpoints :skip:

The video criticizes Linus Tech Tips (LTT) for rushed content creation, resulting in data errors, ethical concerns, and compromised accuracy. LTT is accused of prioritizing quantity over quality, leading to misleading data, misrepresenting prototypes, and auctioning prototypes without permission. The video points out consistent errors in LTT's reviews, lack of attention to detail, and slow response to corrections. It questions LTT's accuracy, ethics, and responsibility, highlighting conflicts of interest and potential harm to companies due to flawed testing methods. The lack of accountability, ethical responsibility, and community backlash further exacerbate the problem, raising doubts about LTT's commitment to accurate and ethical reporting.

Breh used AI to get cliffs, then you used AI to get cliffs of the cliffs, what a time to be alive :wow:

taker597

Superstar
Daps
I don't watch this channel's content, but this is one of the fukking dumbest apology videos I've ever seen in my life, and I'm only three and a half minutes in.

The fact that THREE SEPARATE PEOPLE have come on to Juelz before the actual person who fukked up to say that they fukked up says everything.

Apologize using people you know good and damn well you know your audience doesn't give a fukk about as shields, crehs. :mjlol:
The craziest thing about this is that all this needed was a Twitter apology... But big ego tiny dikk energy Linus gotta try to bully people.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The craziest thing about this is that all this needed was a Twitter apology... But big ego tiny dikk energy Linus gotta try to bully people.

For real, though. This shyt really isn't hard.

Bruh, I'm almost 15 minutes in, and this goofy fukking idiot still hasn't just said "Sorry, guys. I fukked up." :mindblown:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
The whole prototype auction thing is such an unforced error :mjlol: . They could have continued in white mediocrity for perpetuity had it not been for that.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bruh, I'm almost 15 minutes in, and this goofy fukking idiot still hasn't just said "Sorry, guys. I fukked up." :mindblown:

And to reply to myself, he finally shows up to apologize, but still spends a portion of the apology trying to explain how he actually didn't fukk up as bad as people thought, and people were actually being too mean.

Anyone who takes this 20 minute fukking turd as genuine is an honest to god imbecile. It's 18 minutes of corporate speak blanketing about two minutes of "Here nikka, damn." :dead:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

And when Linus does appear he starts off with an excuse :gucci: The whole thing looked like a parody :mjlol:

The whole prototype auction thing is such an unforced error :mjlol: . They could have continued in white mediocrity for perpetuity had it not been for that.
Even that wouldn't have been an issue if he actually apologized and accepted the criticism instead of responding on his forum, deflecting and trying to go on the attack over the prototype.

I fee like in all these influencer controversies their initial response/apology is usually more damning than the actual controversy.

If he didn't try to cover up the Billet prototype issue and use it as a deflection tool to gloss over other issues Gamers Nexus raised it wouldn't have become such a big deal.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
It’s about black employment in sectors where we’re not seen often. Stop being an obtuse loser. I’m not going to address you again.

That’s my logic. Why support someone because he’s your people when he doesn’t put anyone on that’s his people. :skip: