Linus Tech Tips getting Called out on their Trash Content

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
No clue, really. Maybe?

But that's what I'm talking about. I don't know that him being a token black guy or not has much to do with him being an example of a successful black tech content creator. Why are we expecting absolute perfection from ourselves, and accepting others despite their bullshyt?
Those guys on his podcast definitely seem like his boys and they just shoot the shyt on the podcast. Never really bothered me that they're white.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
How do you go to war with Gamer Nexus out of all places ……

Them dudes will make a 45 minute video about power supply conditioning and make it sound riveting
I don't know much about Gamers Nexus, but if it's just the dude with the long hair or whatever, he comes off as a guy with nothing to lose. And you should never go back and forth with people like that.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I don't know much about Gamers Nexus, but if it's just the dude with the long hair or whatever, he comes off as a guy with nothing to lose. And you should never go back and forth with people like that.
You really should watch gamers nexus new egg and alienware videos :mjlol:

All jokes aside dude really had new egg and dell in the cobra clutch tapping out for weeks :mjlol:

Another thing funny about gamers nexus...they shyt on something and just move on...

He literally back to talking with intel engineers about random ass monitor and gpu tools...he dropped a nuke on linus and aint even stick around to see the damage done. shyt did he even change his shirt:mjlol:

You should watch his worst of series he does at the end of the year when he talk about the worst cpu's gpus, pc's, etc. Dude be DISGUSTED talking about those products :mjlol:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Yeah, I think bushing him because employs white folks is a little weird. For all we know, breh might be making those hiring choices because he looks at his org chart and says "These crackers work for ME," or some shyt, we don't know.

What sucks is that the base of the intent is something I completely agree with: we absolutely need more representation in tech and content spaces from top to bottom. Just going off that shytty apology video from Linus Tech Tips as an example, that was a whole lot of white, white adjacent, and white aspiring faces.

But at the same time, when we know we don't have much of a foothold in the industry, trying to ignore someone wholesale because he's got a lot of white employees doesn't necessarily seem like it's the way to go either.
The funniest part is these same nikkas would NEVER stop watching a white content creator because he hired all white people.

And even worse, the "support" these nikkas don't want to give him is watching a FREE YouTube review :dead:

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Yeah, I think bushing him because employs white folks is a little weird. For all we know, breh might be making those hiring choices because he looks at his org chart and says "These crackers work for ME," or some shyt, we don't know.

What sucks is that the base of the intent is something I completely agree with: we absolutely need more representation in tech and content spaces from top to bottom. Just going off that shytty apology video from Linus Tech Tips as an example, that was a whole lot of white, white adjacent, and white aspiring faces.

But at the same time, when we know we don't have much of a foothold in the industry, trying to ignore someone wholesale because he's got a lot of white employees doesn't necessarily seem like it's the way to go either.
Seeing that it was my post that started all of this, I'd like to address it.

I have made a concerted effort to avoid white YouTubers. If I put in a search on tech or gaming or comics or sci-fi, I get directed to some cac who doesn't have the knowledge of the subject or is making a video essay with high production values. Most of that content is shyt. Plus YouTube tries to push people like Critical Drinker, whose BS I sniffed out years ago.

Anyway back to MKBHD. I stopped watching him properly years ago when he started to over praise Apple's BS. When I saw the studio tour video, I didn't seek it out, the almighty algorithm recommended me. So I'm watching it and see no black people in the room. None.

Did they put me off him completely, no. But that's a big red flag.

The funniest part is these same nikkas would NEVER stop watching a white content creator because he hired all white people.

And even worse, the "support" these nikkas don't want to give him is watching a FREE YouTube review :dead:
Nope. Again I don't watch none of these cac based channels. I haven't even clicked on these Gamers Nexus vids because Steve exudes condescension and :mjpls: vibes.

Watch in a few years he'll get exposed.

Last edited:

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I bet he had that in his pocket like KRS One has bars to kill the top 5 at any time.