Lightskin people AREN'T REALLY Black. {For the dummies...Im being sarcastic]

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Nah you're either just a dumb nikka or just a nikka with a complex. Most West Africans exported to the Americas were "black" people and didn't resemble anything in the pictures you're displaying. The fact that you're trying to attribute the high yellas in the US to a few people who are lighter in Africa is a joke. All this "variety of complexions" talk is BS when it comes to the West Africans who were brought here. They were either black or dark brown for the most part.

They often did look like the first 2, it's even documented in slave descriptions but Tuareg example is a stretch

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm starting to doubt, or at least question the commonly held belief that the average African American is 70-75% black - 25-30% white. I think that model's outdated, and with updated data/measures, the number is probably closer to 85% +. I mean this girl is very light skinned/mixed looking, and still ended up 75% African. I know phenotype can be an interesting thing, but you also had some Coli member post his results and he ended up 90% black.

SeveroDrgnfli

Ain't nobody tryin to get indicted.
Daps
Reppin
Always
They're not Black. But they're African American. Step your cultural anthropology game up. It's not worth explaining if you don't get it. It's as simple as knowing the difference between there, they're, and their. Threads like this one remind me why I hate discussing politics and culture with people. Education matters. It really does.

UnoVon

Pro
Daps
I'm starting to doubt, or at least question the commonly held belief that the average African American is 70-75% black - 25-30% white. I think that model's outdated, and with updated data/measures, the number is probably closer to 85% +. I mean this girl is very light skinned/mixed looking, and still ended up 75% African. I know phenotype can be an interesting thing, but you also had some Coli member post his results and he ended up 90% black.
If your parents, grandparents and great grandparents are all Brown skinned (LeBron/Oprah) or dark skinned then you should be over 90% black.