Lightskin people AREN'T REALLY Black. {For the dummies...Im being sarcastic]

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I'm starting to doubt, or at least question the commonly held belief that the average African American is 70-75% black - 25-30% white. I think that model's outdated, and with updated data/measures, the number is probably closer to 85% +. I mean this girl is very light skinned/mixed looking, and still ended up 75% African. I know phenotype can be an interesting thing, but you also had some Coli member post his results and he ended up 90% black.

phenotypes can be deceiving

these girls (twins) can pass for african biracials

xFD5fkx.jpg

Y79HtWu.jpg

but look at their parents

0Xy5Oqi.jpg

Im9m0Pr.jpg

XD65u42.jpg

or

Ice Cube's older son

for context

his other son

Hh0NFpo.gif

both sons

LF6J57S.jpg

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
They're not Black. But they're African American. Step your cultural anthropology game up. It's not worth explaining if you don't get it. It's as simple as knowing the difference between there, they're, and their. Threads like this one remind me why I hate discussing politics and culture with people. Education matters. It really does.

:beli::what:

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
They're not Black. But they're African American. Step your cultural anthropology game up. It's not worth explaining if you don't get it. It's as simple as knowing the difference between there, they're, and their. Threads like this one remind me why I hate discussing politics and culture with people. Education matters. It really does.

One of THE dumbest posts I've read in 2016 :laff:

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
One of THE dumbest posts I've read in 2016 :laff:
Nah what I think he's alluding to is that you can be AA(culturally) but not necessarily "black" by genetic standards if you exclude the one drop rule. He has a point. Some of the US's leading AA figureheads historically weren't "black" but culturally would have been AA

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Nah what I think he's alluding to is that you can be AA(culturally) but not necessarily "black" by genetic standards if you exclude the one drop rule. He has a point. Some of the US's leading AA figureheads historically weren't "black" but culturally would have been AA

no such thing as an ethnically non-black, AfroAmerican

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
no such thing as an ethnically non-black, AfroAmerican
Sure there are, you had thousands of octoroons, quadroons etc with majority Caucasian ancestry who culturally identified as AA.

Like I said, unless you're applying the one-drop fallacy, they aren't genetically "black"

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Sure there are, you had thousands of octoroons, quadroons etc with majority Caucasian ancestry who culturally identified as AA.

Those are/were AfroAmericans by definition aka "americans of african descent"

Like I said, unless you're applying the one-drop fallacy, they aren't genetically "black"

they were genetically afro-european, a representation of their roots and american reality/history.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
Those are/were AfroAmericans by definition aka "americans of african descent"

they were genetically afro-european, a representation of their roots and american reality/history.
That doesn't address anything though. AA is the culture, black is the ancestry and typing it in bold doesn't make your logic any more definitive.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
That doesn't address anything though. AA is the culture, black is the ancestry and typing it in bold doesn't make your logic any more definitive.

AA is the culture that was created through the bond of shared racial origins in "black" or subsaharan africa in the USA, which is why there are no ethnically non-black AfroAmericans:ehh:

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
"Black" has never been a genetic science.
"black" is the pseudonym for West African ancestry ( in this case anyway). Unless you're saying that there is nothing that distinguishes "blacks" from "whites" genetically then I don't see your point.