Lightskin people AREN'T REALLY Black. {For the dummies...Im being sarcastic]

Monte Cristo

Banned
Daps
In other cultures, mixed race children are unacceptable. Asians have derogatory term in their languages for biracials. Arabs are notorious for being discriminatory towards mixed people as are Europeans. Indians and Pakistanis force their kids into arranged marriages to keep their bloodlines pure. These things give people within these cultures an incentive to start a family with someone who shares their heritage

For Blacks in America, the overwhelming consensus seems to be is that mixed race people are fine, even preferred in some circles

So a black person could have a mixed kid and

- They'll be more accepted by other races
- They'll have it easier in the dating world
- They'll be accepted within their own community and even put on a pedestal

What's the downside? And what incentive do I have to start a family with a black women as opposed to a non black women?

Daps
You come across as emotional and serious in all your posts. Even in this thread you cave into the pressure then you proceed to explain your sarcasm. You're like an angry woman. I take that back that's disrespectful to women. There are women with calmer personalities than you.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
This is only a debate because biracials and muv fukkas that know they ain't black feel some type of way. This idea that you somehow can't tell if someone is majority African and that you wouldn't be able to differentiate a biracial from a pure/majority African person is asinine .

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
This is only a debate because biracials and muv fukkas that know they ain't black feel some type of way. This idea that you somehow can't tell if someone is majority African and that you wouldn't be able to differentiate a biracial from a pure/majority African person is asinine .

The fact that you imply that there is an "African" look only further proves OP's point.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
the people who were of african descent that decided to identify as something else, didn't share in the bond that united us/created our identity & culture, so they became something else, which could be white or even "Indian".
I'm trying to understand your logic. So if you don't have that "bond" then you're "something" else?

What if someone as dark as Wesley Snipes or Gabrielle Sibide didn't "bond" with AA culture, would that make them any less "back?"

And suppose someone who was 1/8 black (and 7/8ths white) identified as AA, would that make them "black" and AA? Or does being AA automatically ascribe you the right to call yourself "black" despite your ancestry?

Do percentages mean anything in your opinion? If so, what's the cut off?

Or is it all about self-identification?

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I'm trying to understand your logic. So if you don't have that "bond" then you're "something" else?

If you were ambiguous by USA standards but are of african descent and didn't identify as "black", yes you could be something else. Think, Melungeon's for example

What if someone as dark as Wesley Snipes or Gabrielle Sibide didn't "bond" with AA culture, would that make them any less "back?"

They would still be "black" because the One Drop wasn't made for them but rather for "white looking" people of african descent

And suppose someone who was 1/8 black (and 7/8ths white) identified as AA, would that make them "black" and AA? Or does being AA automatically ascribe you the right to call yourself "black" despite your ancestry?

If they identified as "black" or looked "black", they would be AA

Do percentages mean anything in your opinion?

Nope

If so, what's the cut off?

The cut off point for the types that look white is simply acknowledged african ancestry if it's more recent and direct (biracial types for example) or coming from multi generations of acknowledged black ancestry and identity

Or is it all about self-identification?

for white looking types, that's what it comes down to

Daps
They're not Black. But they're African American. Step your cultural anthropology game up. It's not worth explaining if you don't get it. It's as simple as knowing the difference between there, they're, and their. Threads like this one remind me why I hate discussing politics and culture with people. Education matters. It really does.
:what:So by this dubmass logic are lightskin Africans African American too:francis:
anyone with any sense knows light people are not black.

nah anyone with common sense knows your dumbass is a troll with low self esteem:camby:

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
Not really...according to some in here...we can't assume that Wesley Snipes is anymore "black" than Stephan Curry is, we just may never know...because he may have gotten his light complexion, hair, and eye color from Fulani, Hausa or perhaps even Khoisan tribes :smugbiden:...black West African genes are diverse in that sense....you never know if Vanessa Williams is really anymore African than Gabrielle Sibide or Hatte McDaniel.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
If you were ambiguous by USA standards but are of african descent and didn't identify as "black", yes you could be something else. Think, Melungeon's for example

They would still be "black" because the One Drop wasn't made for them but rather for "white looking" people of african descent

Nope

The cut off point for the types that look white is simply acknowledged african ancestry if it's more recent and direct (biracial types for example) or coming from multi generations of acknowledged black ancestry and identity

Nope

I disagree, the logic seems more politically intuitive than anything else. But thanks for answering.

Daps
I'm starting to doubt, or at least question the commonly held belief that the average African American is 70-75% black - 25-30% white. I think that model's outdated, and with updated data/measures, the number is probably closer to 85% +. I mean this girl is very light skinned/mixed looking, and still ended up 75% African. I know phenotype can be an interesting thing, but you also had some Coli member post his results and he ended up 90% black.
this bullshyt aint commonly held belief anywhere and is only online could weirdos get away repeatedly stating it as fact..you take away biracials and the minority of AAs with understood recent mixture and the average AA is closer to if not 100% black