Light Skin Black people who are >80 % black.

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
Who is this?! :whoo:
I don't know I think someone posted her on here. I am sure you can find her.

LnlgyLR.png

q43940p.jpg

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
She says African diversity comes from being the "oldest" Africans had more time to become diverse. The more a group diverges away the more they become less diverse. Native Americans are the least genetically Diverse since they are the "newest"

Starts at 15:00
Good lecture.

That's fascinating!!!!

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
are we talking light skin in west Africa no. It's not a bunch of light skins like the op in West Africa walking around. Are they around yes but they aren't common. Let's not kid ourselves.

Depends on where you go.

There's alot more than you think in certain regions, especially imo state. And you could look at their parents, grandparents, great grantparents, great great grandparents, etc etc and not see 1 cac in their family line.

Londilon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When they say light skin I think they are talking about biracials. They lump light skin Africans Americans in that category. I have no idea why they do that. Then some are the first claim the Spicy white people with 10 % African as black. It's weird.
yup, I'm lightskin and I am always told that I have to be mixed because there is no way I'm black.

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
Depends on where you go.

There's alot more than you think in certain regions, especially imo state. And you could look at their parents, grandparents, great grantparents, great great grandparents, etc etc and not see 1 cac in their family line.
I totally understand that Africans can be light skin. They are the most genetically diverse after its all said and done. I was just telling him that being light skin and being majority of Sub Saharan African ( I hate that label by the way) descent is not a common thing amongst Africans nor African Dispora. We are a brown and Deep brown people not a beige one.

It's like being white and having red hair. Most white people are not redhead.

Last edited:

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
yup, I'm lightskin and I am always told that I have to be mixed because there is no way I'm black.
Colorism is truly a poison to our community. I don't understand how people feel comfortable policing someone's blackness in regards to the different hues of the African Diaspora.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Lol... I been argued and stated that the idea of AAs being a "mixed" people and most light skin blacks are due to European admixture is a great big hyped up exaggeration that will never go away. Most autosomal DNA studies on AAs have them on average around 75-80% African, but mostly 80%. That is not really "admixed" in my opinion. If anything AAs and Caribbeans are just African transplants biologically(I know many of you do not like the word African).

From what I've seen the average AA is around 20% European. People that is NOT enough to have a grand standing impact on phenotype. Don Cheadle is said to be around 20% European and just look at him. Phenotype=/genotype.

More importantly this should hardly be surprising considering people of African descent are commonly stated to being the most diverse population on Earth due to being the oldest population.

2m4r37q.jpg

^^Eurasians only have a SMALL part of our diversity.

Meanwhile you have indignous Africans with hardly any admixture(due to mostly being hunter gatherers still) like the Khoisans being as light as Beyonce. And like I posted many times on here you have slave traders noticing the very light complexions of Igbo slaves who a good number of AAs can trace their ancestry to.

This chicks admixture hints to mostly Nigeria...
image.png

Now which ethnic group I mentioned is mostly from Nigeria?:huh:

People of African descent are really an extraordinary people especially in a deep biological sense. :wow:

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
Colorism is truly a poison to our community. I don't understand how people feel comfortable policing someone's blackness in regards to the different hues of the African Diaspora.
I think it's a number of things.

Its more complicated than we can say.

Someone who is super light and with straight hair and > 50% white shouldn't be classified as black for a number of reasons.

It's problematic.

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
Lol... I been argued and stated that the idea of AAs being a "mixed" people and most light skin blacks are due to European admixture is a great big hyped up exaggeration that will never go away. Most autosomal DNA studies on AAs have them on average around 75-80% African, but mostly 80%. That is not really "admixed" in my opinion. If anything AAs and Caribbeans are just African transplants biologically(I know many of you do not like the word African).

From what I've seen the average AA is around 20% European. People that is NOT enough to have a grand standing impact on phenotype. Don Cheadle is said to be around 20% European and just look at him. Phenotype=/genotype.

More importantly this should hardly be surprising considering people of African descent are commonly stated to being the most diverse population on Earth due to being the oldest population.

2m4r37q.jpg

^^Eurasians only have a SMALL part of our diversity.

Meanwhile you have indignous Africans with hardly any admixture(due to mostly being hunter gatherers still) like the Khoisans being as light as Beyonce. And like I posted many times on here you have slave traders noticing the very light complexions of Igbo slaves who a good number of AAs can trace their ancestry to.

This chicks admixture hints to mostly Nigeria...
image.png

Now which ethnic group I mentioned is mostly from Nigeria?:huh:

People of African descent are really an extraordinary people especially in a deep biological sense. :wow:
It's amazing. Especially when you take into account African admixture within Africa. :wow: