Lets talk about there's going to be a Cyborg movie and no Black Panther!

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
:childplease:Static Shock? You answered your own question in the same post...

Yeah he might be known but he ain't that dude. Static is way popular. For solo film he need a reinvention of the character. He's a teambook guy, the dude is not a interesting black character at all, nevermind minority character

This wouldn't need to be the case for a character like Static.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
DC does, they bought all the right to the milestone characters years ago. It's just that DC doesn't know how to use them. Static had his own comic book a year ago then it got cancelled.

Yeah I know they bought characters from them but might not be able to use him unless they breaking bread. We really dont knows the details of the licensing agreement with Milestone Media (or if that licensing deal is still active)

In YG the creator had a lot problems with using milestone characters. If I remember right WB's legal department told them they owed the Milestone creators money for it.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Yeah I know they bought characters from them but might not be able to use him unless they breaking bread. We really dont knows the details of the licensing agreement with Milestone Media (or if that licensing deal is still active)

In YG the creator had a lot problems with using milestone characters. If I remember right WB's legal department told them they owed the Milestone creators money for it.

Here what one of creators said;

Does DC even currently retain the rights to the Milestone characters, or have they reverted back to Denys and/or Michael?”

Milestone has a publishing deal with DC. That deal gives them certain rights to certain characters. Included in that deal is the right to publish. By no means does certain mean all. DC does not (nor have they ever) owned Milestone; because of that, they can only use what rights have been granted.

A lot of people think DC has absolute editorial power over Milestone. No, they don’t. They have no editorial ‘power’ at all. What they do have is editorial input, which is welcome…most times. The power that DC has is they can elect not to publish something.

Every publisher in comics and mainstream books holds that power.

Nobody in publishing has what Orson Wells had in his FIRST movie deal. If you don’t know what deal I’m talking about, a word of advice, don’t post that on this site. You will be destroyed.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
Read my post...

I get the feeling that there can't be a Black Panther movie because Black Panther is king of an advanced African nation that is far more advanced. than the USA. That will strike some nerves with some people. If they do make a Black Panther movie then he and Wakanda will be brutally toned down.

There have been many depictions of Wakanda. It started out differently from Reginald Hudlin's utopia retcon. I think an issue if there is one is a non-Americanizsed/Western lead character along with the whole supposedly advanced Africans throwing spears and dressing in animal garbs and worshiping animal deities. It's like the whole thing with The Mandarin.

The majority of Marvel Studios movies have been set-ups(origins) and sequels to them, the only new property has been Guardians of The Galaxy. This is after six years of films(eight films in total, nine after Avengers 2). So it's not like they're going all out of their way to specifically avoid it, by burning through every other character not named "Black Panther". Obviously Doctor Strange will change that, but that's part of a slate of films that haven't all been officially revealed. A Black Panther movie could be one of them or the character could be in one of the films :manny:.

Marvel wont suddenly rush out a Black Panther movie because Warner are making Cyborg:heh:, vice-versa with Ms. Marvel and Wonder Woman.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
There have been many depictions of Wakanda. It started out differently from Reginald Hudlin's utopia retcon. I think an issue if there is one is a non-Americanizsed/Western lead character along with the whole supposedly advanced Africans throwing spears and dressing in animal garbs and worshiping animal deities. It's like the whole thing with The Mandarin.

The majority of Marvel Studios movies have been set-ups(origins) and sequels to them, the only new property has been Guardians of The Galaxy. This is after six years of films(eight films in total, nine after Avengers 2). So it's not like they're going all out of their way to specifically avoid it, by burning through every other character not named "Black Panther". Obviously Doctor Strange will change that, but that's part of a slate of films that haven't all been officially revealed. A Black Panther movie could be one of them or the character could be in one of the films :manny:.

Marvel wont suddenly rush out a Black Panther movie because Warner are making Cyborg:heh:, vice-versa with Ms. Marvel and Wonder Woman.

Interesting post, breh! I agree with most. But Wakandans do dress modern and do use guns in comics recently but I understand your point.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dahell: They still got made before a Black Panther film. What's the point in making a big deal about Cyborg having a movie before Black Panther when movies have already been made about Blade and Steel?:heh:. Disney only bought Marvel five years ago and have only had the distribution rights for two years :dead:.

You CLEARLY missing the point...:what:

The POINT was if it wasn't on Disney this movie would of long been in production. Disney bought Marvel 5 years ago leading up staging Avengers which BLACK PANTHER was an essential part of the crew. Not only that we went thru TWO CAPTAIN AMERICAS and not even a MENTION of T'Challa's existence. And we're going to have a 2ND Avengers with part IN SOUTH AFRICA and nothing relating to Black Panther HIMSELF... and no HINT of anything development outside the BS dodge excuse that they're "thinking about it".

COME ON! People ARE HUNGRY for this to happen.. HAD IT BEEN ANY OTHER STUDIO this would be on the ball ROLLING right now. Not no Doctor Strange. Not no fucckin' ANT MAN. DC been BEHIND the power curve and even THEY setting up a film that had a BLACK SUPER HERO as the headline. So DAMN RIGHT I am calling DISNEY OUT on their bullshyt....

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
They probably did it because John Stewart

I read the original run John Stewart comics. I don't know anything about the cartoon stuff. All I know is, John Stewart the comic was waaaaaaaaay too philosophical and multi-layered for a comic book movie. I just don't see anyone having the chops to do him justice.

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
DC does, they bought all the right to the milestone characters years ago. It's just that DC doesn't know how to use them. Static had his own comic book a year ago then it got cancelled.

Massive understatement. (And Marvel wouldn't know how to use them either. DC and Marvel would both whitewash the fukk out of them, make Exodus look like The Wiz.)

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
I want a black panther film.....That being said, this is the only place I hear bytching about it not getting done :manny:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
You CLEARLY missing the point...:what:

The POINT was if it wasn't on Disney this movie would of long been in production. Disney bought Marvel 5 years ago leading up staging Avengers which BLACK PANTHER was an essential part of the crew. Not only that we went thru TWO CAPTAIN AMERICAS and not even a MENTION of T'Challa's existence. And we're going to have a 2ND Avengers with part IN SOUTH AFRICA and nothing relating to Black Panther HIMSELF... and no HINT of anything development outside the BS dodge excuse that they're "thinking about it".

COME ON! People ARE HUNGRY for this to happen.. HAD IT BEEN ANY OTHER STUDIO this would be on the ball ROLLING right now. Not no Doctor Strange. Not no fucckin' ANT MAN. DC been BEHIND the power curve and even THEY setting up a film that had a BLACK SUPER HERO as the headline. So DAMN RIGHT I am calling DISNEY OUT on their bullshyt....

As I said in the post above

The first roster/phase of films were announced in 2008, two years before Disney bought them. The roster included Thor, Captain America, Ant-Man and The Avengers crossover movie. Ant-Man was delayed because Edgar Wright went off to do another film. Those are the core Avengers. All were successful and all garnered inevitable sequels that have taken place in Marvel Studios second phase of films. They're about to bump their releases up to three a year and plan to release a new property each year along with a sequel.

fukk does South Africa have to do Black Panther and Wakanda? :dahell:.