Let's say I don't believe the world is round. How can one prove the world is round to me?

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Because you aren't listening

If you do not understand what adhesive forces are and how molecules interact with each other, feel free to look up concave and convex menisci

Oceans exist because of both gravity and emf.
Look up what a hydrogen bond is.
Look up what cohesion is.
Look up what adhesion is.

I never said emf determines the force of gravity. I said Gravity is weak. I'll say it again since you don't seem to understand why i'm saying it.

Gravity
is
weak

If you say so :francis:

I do say so

You keep using words that you don't know the definition of

First you said EMF is what keeps water on the globe, now you're admitting that it's EMF and gravity when in actuality it's just gravity

If gravity is supposedly so weak then why do tides exist?

Nothing you have posted changes the fact that it's gravity that is supposed to keep water in the southern hemisphere pulled north

EMF has nothing to do with it

You should stop smh

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
@xCivicx

Before you respond to me, please read the following:
We're just wasiting each other's time if we aren't even talking about the subject matter at hand correctly

SrKn8Oh.png

c96a6d62-8845-44a5-8d03-9174d6c4eb59
usxVqPP.png

Maybe you should actually read what it is you posted before you respond to me again smh

Notice how EMF involves forces in 3 DIRECTIONS/DIMENSIONS whereas gravity is a 2 DIMENSIONAL FORCE

You just posted this as a part of your argument so naturally you agree with me on this

Nothing in your post indicates that electromagnetic forces keep water spread evenly on a sphere

Go head a post up the formula for the earth's curvature too, that's another function that proves you wrong

KodeBlue

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Then stop asking questions like you are

Like I said, wait for me to educate you

The time it took you to respond to this, and other post's, you could've educated me on what I was wrong about.

As I said, time is of the essence.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I do say so

You keep using words that you don't know the definition of

First you said EMF is what keeps water on the globe, now you're admitting that it's EMF and gravity when in actuality it's just gravity

If gravity is supposedly so weak then why do tides exist?

Nothing you have posted changes the fact that it's gravity that is supposed to keep water in the southern hemisphere pulled north

EMF has nothing to do with it

You should stop smh

Breh, you really should take time to read up on this instead of posting. Just being honest.

EMF INCLUDES ELECTROSTATIC FORCES
HYDROGEN BONDS ARE ELECTROSTATIC COVALENT BONDS
WATER IS HELD TOGETHER BY HYDROGEN BONDS
YOU CANNOT HAVE ADHESION AND COHESION WITHOUT EMF

Without EMF water wouldn't stick to anything. You don't even understand the 4 basic fundamental forces in physics.

Your original question was for me to find a sphere that has water sticking to it evenly due to gravity. I said that would be impossible due to how weak gravity is relative to other forces at that distance.
Water is held together through hydrogen bonds, these bonds are far stronger than gravity. Water would be far more likely to stick to each other than to stick evenly to the surfaced of a dense sphere.

Now you are asking me why tides exists?
Why wouldn't tides exists?
Do you know the difference between the moon causing water to raise several feet and the moon pulling all the water to it and having it stick evenly to its surface?
At far distances gravity is what governs the place of celestial bodies in universe. But at close distances its the weakest fundamental force.

Breh I dont even know are you even asking me?

Ask me a singular question so I know what you're trying to learn and i'll educate you on it. I'm really trying my best here but its hard when you don't know the basics

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Maybe you should actually read what it is you posted before you respond to me again smh

Notice how EMF involves forces in 3 DIRECTIONS/DIMENSIONS whereas gravity is a 2 DIMENSIONAL FORCE

You just posted this as a part of your argument so naturally you agree with me on this

Nothing in your post indicates that electromagnetic forces keep water spread evenly on a sphere

Go head a post up the formula for the earth's curvature too, that's another function that proves you wrong

:mjgrin: aight, i'm clearly wasting my time. Enjoy your day breh

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Flat eathers believe the Earth is flat but disc shaped, not flat like a giant rubix cube...either way, they're completely wrong. Since there's this thing called gravity which pulls all matter into a center naturally....which forms into a sphere (look up how Astronauts drink water in space). Then there's the whole shadows and sticks exercise, that little thing called the horizon, the moon, etc.

The fact that this is even a thing is due to human stupidity and gullible uneducated morons.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Gravity is still only a theory because it still cannot be proven beyond a reasonable doubt, even after a couple centuries of indoctrination

That's literally the long and short of it

Maybe you should read a little more about it. It's technically a theory, but its a law in the large scale. Pick an object up, let it go, and there you have it, undeniable proof that gravity exists. In the small scale (quantum physics) its a theory because of how flimsy it is, but in QM, everything denies the law of physics.

KodeBlue

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
First of all I didn't move any goal posts. 34000 people out of 7 billion is .000004% of the population ever having seen antarctica

Notice how no compass was posted alongside whatever area of antarctica is in that video

And yes, antarctica is heavily restricted for the majority of the population

And no, a 24 hour sun is not impossible on antarctica in a flat earth scenario. In fact it's probable seeing as that's where the sun's motion would stop and reverse

Like I said, post a pic of someone near the south pole.

Again like I said, you can't

-Correct, LAST YEAR 34000 TOURIST visited Antarctica; however, the continent averages about 37000 tourist a year. Again, it doesn't matter how many tourist visit, that fact that there are tourist allowed to visit disproves your assertion that the government prohibits civilians from going there.
Number of tourists visiting Antarctica was down, according to IAATO

-24 sun is in fact impossible on a flat earth for a several reasons:
1. If it were at all possible, then it would have to be summer in the northern hemisphere.
2. That would make it winter in the southern Hemisphere when day light would be limited in Antarctica ie., 24 hour darkness for days/weeks on end.
3. On a flat Earth, the summer time would mean that the sun has to rotate around a larger area, which means that summer in the southern hemisphere would have less hours of daylight than the its winter time (when Antarctica experiences 24 hour darkness)

Explain how 24 sunlight is possible on a flat with Antarctica was the outer edge.

I can do even better than a Picture, here's a video of a few people at the south pole, along with flags of the countries who've signed the Antarctic Treaty.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Brehs arguing science with a dude who is scientifically illiterate.

Would you speak in English to someone who only spoke German?

And did I read this dude said gravity is a 2 dimensional force? :picard: Good grief...

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Breh, you really should take time to read up on this instead of posting. Just being honest.

EMF INCLUDES ELECTROSTATIC FORCES
HYDROGEN BONDS ARE ELECTROSTATIC COVALENT BONDS
WATER IS HELD TOGETHER BY HYDROGEN BONDS
YOU CANNOT HAVE ADHESION AND COHESION WITHOUT EMF

Without EMF water wouldn't stick to anything. You don't even understand the 4 basic fundamental forces in physics.

Your original question was for me to find a sphere that has water sticking to it evenly due to gravity. I said that would be impossible due to how weak gravity is relative to other forces at that distance.
Water is held together through hydrogen bonds, these bonds are far stronger than gravity. Water would be far more likely to stick to each other than to stick evenly to the surfaced of a dense sphere.

Now you are asking me why tides exists?
Why wouldn't tides exists?
Do you know the difference between the moon causing water to raise several feet and the moon pulling all the water to it and having it stick evenly to its surface?
At far distances gravity is what governs the place of celestial bodies in universe. But at close distances its the weakest fundamental force.

Breh I dont even know are you even asking me?

Ask me a singular question so I know what you're trying to learn and i'll educate you on it. I'm really trying my best here but its hard when you don't know the basics

You're talking chemistry, not physics smh

The water molecule is created by 2 parts hydrogen 1 part oxygen. THIS IS NOT WHAT CAUSES BODIES OF WATER TO STICK TO THE EARTH. THAT FORCE IS SUPPOSEDLY GRAVITY

As to the 2nd bold, both actions are supposed to be functions of gravitational force. I'm happy that you understand how contradictory this is

I've asked you many very simple questions so far. It's ok to admit that you can't answer them

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Flat eathers believe the Earth is flat but disc shaped, not flat like a giant rubix cube...either way, they're completely wrong. Since there's this thing called gravity which pulls all matter into a center naturally....which forms into a sphere (look up how Astronauts drink water in space). Then there's the whole shadows and sticks exercise, that little thing called the horizon, the moon, etc.

The fact that this is even a thing is due to human stupidity and gullible uneducated morons.
Cool, please show me an experiment on earth where water sticks evenly to a dense sphere

Why do y'all keep talking around this??

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Maybe you should read a little more about it. It's technically a theory, but its a law in the large scale. Pick an object up, let it go, and there you have it, undeniable proof that gravity exists. In the small scale (quantum physics) its a theory because of how flimsy it is, but in QM, everything denies the law of physics.
Maybe you should read a lot more about it smh

It's supposedly a law on a large scale because you are told it is

Dropping an object is not proof that gravity exists, it proves that your object is more dense than air smh

Don't even get me started on the randomness of quantum mechanics. According to quantum mechanics if I punch my screen long enough my fist will pop out of your screen and hit you in the face smh

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
-Correct, LAST YEAR 34000 TOURIST visited Antarctica; however, the continent averages about 37000 tourist a year. Again, it doesn't matter how many tourist visit, that fact that there are tourist allowed to visit disproves your assertion that the government prohibits civilians from going there.
Number of tourists visiting Antarctica was down, according to IAATO

-24 sun is in fact impossible on a flat earth for a several reasons:
1. If it were at all possible, then it would have to be summer in the northern hemisphere.
2. That would make it winter in the southern Hemisphere when day light would be limited in Antarctica ie., 24 hour darkness for days/weeks on end.
3. On a flat Earth, the summer time would mean that the sun has to rotate around a larger area, which means that summer in the southern hemisphere would have less hours of daylight than the its winter time (when Antarctica experiences 24 hour darkness)

Explain how 24 sunlight is possible on a flat with Antarctica was the outer edge.

I can do even better than a Picture, here's a video of a few people at the south pole, along with flags of the countries who've signed the Antarctic Treaty.

Cool why can't any of y'all produce a video with a compass in it??

I'm not gullible enough to believe someone who says they're at the south pole but refuses to pull a compass out smh

And since the sun technically would be furthest possible from the north pole at this point before reversing, it's radial movement would be along it's longest circumferential path, meaning technically you should be able to see it longer while under it, on the outer edge

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Brehs arguing science with a dude who is scientifically illiterate.

Would you speak in English to someone who only spoke German?

And did I read this dude said gravity is a 2 dimensional force? :picard: Good grief...
I majored in computer engineering and minored in physics(I skipped a bunch of physics courses because of high school credits) at ga tech. I'm 1 year away from both degrees(engineering programs are 5 years at gt)

Don't speak on things you don't know