Let's say I don't believe the world is round. How can one prove the world is round to me?

KodeBlue

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I already know that you can't provide evidence of anyone being at the magnetic south pole, I was just waiting for you to admit this

@the bold, you already showed this in the video you posted...

You, again moved the goalpost, but it's fine, because you're 2nd sentence was a fatal error that basically killed your argument in two different ways:

1. On a flat Earth, for the Antarctica to receive 24 hour days light, being that it is big ring around earth, it would HAVE TO BE 24 hours of daylight for the entire planet, which is completely false.

2. Even Flat Earth proponents believe that it is impossible for Antarctica to receive 24 hours of daylight as seen in the video below

Start at about 6:00

I've already posted videos of there being days in which the sun does not set in Antarctica, which proves the flat Earth theory is complete, and utter BS, the "ice wall" is BS, and fact that there are tourist, and researchers occupying the continent proves that everything that you thought you were enlightened about is BS. It also proves that you literally contradicted your own argument in a myriad of ways. Frankly, you seem to not know very much concerning the planet in which you inhabit.

Daps
Reppin
HAWAII
You, again moved the goalpost, but it's fine, because you're 2nd sentence was a fatal error that basically killed your argument in two different ways:

1. On a flat Earth, for the Antarctica to receive 24 hour days light, being that it is big ring around earth, it would HAVE TO BE 24 hours of daylight for the entire planet, which is completely false.

2. Even Flat Earth proponents believe that it is impossible for Antarctica to receive 24 hours of daylight as seen in the video below

I've already posted videos of there being days in which the sun does not set in Antarctica, which proves the flat Earth theory is complete, and utter BS, the "ice wall" is BS, and fact that there are tourist, and researchers occupying the continent proves that everything that you thought you were enlightened about is BS. It also proves that you literally contradicted your own argument in a myriad of ways. Frankly, you seem to not know very much concerning the planet in which you inhabit.

that was the first thing i thought of when he was trying to talk about the 24 hours of daylight in antarctica. if the earth was flat, any place getting 24 hours of straight sun would mean the whole planet would get that too

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Most of this is false, and I will explain how.
Your turn champ. Please stop ignoring this post or just admit that you don't know what you're talking about

To answer your question OP, on a ball earth rotating around a sun that is rotating around a fixed point within the galaxy, sun dials should only work once or twice a year, and they shouldn't be perfectly circular because the earth is supposed to be revolving around the sun on an elliptical path

Also, high noon on Jan 1 should actually be exactly high midnight on July 1, exactly 6 months later on the other side of the sun. The block of sunlight that each area experiences should be moving back and forth between at 12 hour interval

Also, constellations should never been seen the same way from night to night, much less over millenia

Also the concept of gravity causing water to stick evenly to a sphere cannot and has not been recreated on earth in any experiments that I've seen

Also, you should be able to see the earth's curvature over large bodies of water, yet you can't

Also, who says a flat earth is supposed to have an edge?? That's just how pseudo-intellectuals dismiss something they don't understand

Also, many people acknowledge that very advanced civilizations lived in the past. Civilizations that mapped out the constellations perfectly and utilized advanced technology that didn't hurt the earthly plane(t). Most of that technology we don't understand to this day. Every single one of said civilizations was under the impression that the earth is flat. This is significant no matter what you believe

I can definitely keep going

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
that was the first thing i thought of when he was trying to talk about the 24 hours of daylight in antarctica. if the earth was flat, any place getting 24 hours of straight sun would mean the whole planet would get that too
Incorrect smh

As stated before in this thread, in a flat earth scenario the sun acts like a spotlight, which is why angles of sunlight like this exist

images

Crepuscular_rays_over_Plymouth_Sound_crop.jpg

If the sun is illuminating an entire side of the planet then these sunrays should be parallel to each other, which they are not

It seems like a lot of y'all don't know how circular motion works as well smh

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
@KodeBlue I'm not quoting that mess of a post you made

You don't understand the concept of a horizon at all a smh

Do I have to teach you this as well?

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Incorrect smh

As stated before in this thread, in a flat earth scenario the sun acts like a spotlight, which is why angles of sunlight like this exist

images

Crepuscular_rays_over_Plymouth_Sound_crop.jpg

If the sun is illuminating an entire side of the planet then these sunrays should be parallel to each other, which they are not
:laff: what a dikkhead

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
And once again, 34,000 people a year visiting is NOT a tourist attraction smh

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl

This is a great video you posted

It's actually proving my point though, not yours...

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
the fact that you and i are having an exchange right now is based on technology that operates off the fact that the world is round :laff:
Again incorrect

No amount of emojis is gonna make you magically correct

Electricity has nothing to do with a globe.

Internet packet exchange has nothing do with a globe

Please refute literally anything I've posted in this thread

I dare you to try /shrug

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
the fact that you and i are having an exchange right now is based on technology that operates off the fact that the world is round :laff:
You should watch the video kodeblue posted tbh

But then again you would learn something, and you seem enjoy being ignorant

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
This muhfukka gotta be trolling right?
Why do you pseudo-intellectuals think this is a valid rebuttal??

How many times are you simple minds gonna ask the same question in this thread?

I'm sure you've see at least 10 other people post this exact same sentence. Why do you think your post won't be just as redundant??

Please refute literally anything I've posted

You can't but you still find it necessary to make completely useless posts in this thread smh

You should be thanking me both for the knowledge and the plat push smh