Let's say I don't believe the world is round. How can one prove the world is round to me?

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
"Turning scientific theory into law..." :dahell:

Your posts are starting to make sense. You are not dumb or trolling, just scientifically illilterate.

You honestly think a scientific theory becomes a law? That's... wow.
A scientific law is a theory that has not been disproven over a long period of time

Again, you're really out of your element here

Your hubris is ridiculous. Sometimes it's ok to just humble yourself and accept knowledge

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
It sounds a bit like you're stalling. You have time to respond to everyone else, and time to respond to my latest post, yet you haven't given reasons and facts to why what I stated was wrong. Time is of the essence.
Actually I've been responding from my phone all day because I work and stuff.

If you're sitting at home all day posting then that's you, but some of us actually take care of stuff in the real world

Don't worry, when I'm home and settled in, you'll receive the education you're searching for

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
A scientific law is a theory that has not been disproven over a long period of time

Again, you're really out of your element here

Your hubris is ridiculous. Sometimes it's ok to just humble yourself and accept knowledge

I don't think you're mentally equipped to have this conversation.

That's not a slight, I just don't think you have the tools to understand this yet.

But I'll leave you with this question.

If a scientific law is a theory that has not been disproven over a long period of time. :sas1:

Then why do we have a law of gravity and a theory of gravity. :sas2:

While you try to google your way out of that, consider going back to school to further your education. I have a feeling that being a google scholar is what led you to your current predicament.

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Are you being serious?

If so i'll be glad to educate you on physics.

If not let me know so I wont waste my time.
Do whatever you think is right

Personally I can't stand to see people make ignorant posts so I correct them without even asking

I hope you really know what you're talking about before you go down this path with me.

Just warning /shrug

KodeBlue

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Don't worry, I operate on my own timetable, not yours

You're about to help me prove my point btw

The star you're talking about has never been viewed from directly under it, due south like Polaris has been viewed from directly under it, due north

Doesn't the consistency and viewing area of Polaris and Sigma Octantis prove that the Earth is a globe?

Don't worry, I'll post the paragraphs later since folks scared to be proven wrong won't actually click

How convenient to use the excuse that it can't be viewed from directly underneath. That would place you smack in the middle of Antarctica. However, you don't need to be directly under it so see the axis from which all stars radiate from. The axis of the southern hemisphere can be easily viewed from Ushuaia, Agrentina, which of one of the southernmost permanently inhabited places on the planet.

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
I don't think you're mentally equipped to have this conversation.

That's not a slight, I just don't think you have the tools to understand this yet.

But I'll leave you with this question.

If a scientific law is a theory that has not been disproven over a long period of time. :sas1:

Then why do we have a law of gravity and a theory of gravity. :sas2:

While you try to google your way out of that, consider going back to school to further your education. I have a feeling that being a google scholar is what led you to your current predicament.

No need for me to google, I know what I'm talking about

What's the difference between the "law of gravity" and gravitational theory?

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
How convenient to use the excuse that it can't be viewed from directly underneath. That would place you smack in the middle of Antarctica. However, you don't need to be directly under it so see the axis from which all stars radiate from. The axis of the southern hemisphere can be easily viewed from Ushuaia, Agrentina, which of one of the southernmost permanently inhabited places on the planet.
How is that convenient?

What would be difficult about going to antarctica and take a pic from directly underneath??

Maybe it's because various countries have military forces that actual patrol the arctic wall??

Why is antarctica cut off to the public??

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
??

I asked you a question and you answer by asking me the same question??

Do you see how you're embarrassing yourself yet??

Resorting to trolling when you don't know the answer and aren't allowed to google. This must be that vaunted intellectualism you keep talking about :laugh:.

Do you know what the law of gravity is or not?

A better question... since you seem to think a 'scientific law' is what a theory becomes after an unspecified "very long time" (:laugh:), did you even know there was such a thing as the law of gravity before I told you? I'm guessing you didn't.

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
I see a lot of pseudo-intellectuals attempting to INFER that they know what they're talking about

That's not how a debate works smh

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Do whatever you think is right

Personally I can't stand to see people make ignorant posts so I correct them without even asking

I hope you really know what you're talking about before you go down this path with me.

Just warning /shrug

If you are indeed the as well-versed in this as you claim to be then i'll be getting a free education. Civil discourse is always a win-win, no warnings needed.
But some of your post are worrisome.

Do you doubt the authenticity of the LIGO experiement? I feel like you either don't understand how Gravity works or there might be some semantical differences at play here...

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Resorting to trolling when you don't know the answer and aren't allowed to google. This must be that vaunted intellectualism you keep talking about :laugh:.

Do you know what the law of gravity is or not?

A better question... since you seem to think a 'scientific law' is what a theory becomes after an unspecified "very long time" (:laugh:), did you even know there was such a thing as the law of gravity before I told you? I'm guessing you didn't.
Yet another pseudo-intellectual post

You literally googled that yourself and tried projecting your lack of knowledge onto me smh

Please answer my question so that I can continue educating you

I see you're scared to do so

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Yet another pseudo-intellectual post

You literally googled that yourself and tried projecting your lack of knowledge onto me smh

Please answer my question so that I can continue educating you

I see you're scared to do so

Even if I explained it to you, you wouldn't understand. You're scientifically illiterate. Again, that's no an insult, it's just the state of things. Now that you know you're illiterate, you can choose to stay illiterate, or do something about it. If you really wanna understand how this stuff works, educate yourself or go back to school or something. This isn't a pissing contest. :laugh:

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
If you are indeed the as well-versed in this as you claim to be then i'll be getting a free education. Civil discourse is always a win-win, no warnings needed.
But some of your post are worrisome.

Do you doubt the authenticity of the LIGO experiement? I feel like you either don't understand how Gravity works or there might be some semantical differences at play here...
Where are the semantics in stating that gravity doesn't exist in the way you've been taught it exists? You can feel however you want, until you show me some facts your feelings are just rooted in ignorance

This LIGO?
The Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory (LIGO) is a large-scale physics experiment and observatory to detect cosmic gravitational waves and to develop gravitational-wave observations as an astronomical tool.[1] Two large observatories were built in the United States with the aim of detecting gravitational waves by laser interferometry.

The initial LIGO observatories were funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF) and were conceived, built, and are operated by Caltech and MIT.[2][3] They collected data from 2002 to 2010 but no gravitational waves were detected.

Please show me an experiment where someone got water to stick evenly to a sphere thanks

Or answer any of the question in my 2nd post in here, thanks