Let's say I don't believe the world is round. How can one prove the world is round to me?

KodeBlue

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Cool why can't any of y'all produce a video with a compass in it??

I'm not gullible enough to believe someone who says they're at the south pole but refuses to pull a compass out smh

And since the sun technically would be furthest possible from the north pole at this point before reversing, it's radial movement would be along it's longest circumferential path, meaning technically you should be able to see it longer while under it, on the outer edge

Here's the compass that you're asking about.

Apparently, the magnectic poles, and geographic poles aren't in the same place which causes compasses to get a little weird at the poles. The same effect happens at the North Pole

Show me a pic or video (preferably) of how I could be in Antarctica in a stationary location, and experience 24 hours of daylight?

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
If Earth were flat, there would never be a reason why you can't see the sun from an airplane at cruising altitude as there

would be nothing to block sunlight

Incorrect.

The further away from the north pole you are, the more likely it is that the sun will move below the horizon as it's radial path becomes larger. It's moving a greater distance

away from you in the plane at any point. This increasing distance will eventually reach the horizon and then fall below it

On the flip side of this, the earth is supposedly only ~25,000 miles in circumference. In a plane at cruising level, the earths curvature should be completely visible but it's

flat all the way around

Not only that, a plane should have to adjust it's nose down every couple thousand miles on a ball earth, but gyroscopes don't account for this to my knowledge

Not only that, a person sitting in an helicopter at any elevation above the earth should be able to hover and have their destination come to them eventually, since the earth

is rotating. Can you produce any examples of this actually ever occurring? This would be a big ball earth proof to me

If Earth were flat you'd be about to see the same constellation of stars any where in the planet.

Incorrect, the sun and moon and stars all rotate around a fixed northern axis in a flat earth scenario. They all move below the horizon at some point.

Again, on the flip side, if the earth is spinning while rotating around a sun rotating around a galaxy, the same constellations should NEVER be visible in the same way, EVER

If the Earth was flat, and the sun didn't set, but "goes away," then Earth would have to be far larger than what was is told to us. However, that would mean that travel

times would be much longer than actually are, which clearly isn't the case when traveling from one place to another.

Again incorrect and a half-azzed illogical mental jump tbh

In a flat earth scenario the sun and moon are a lot smaller and a lot closer than we are told. The earth would not have to be any larger than it is

If Earth was flat, then the sun and Moon would have to change size, becoming smaller as they "set" beyond the horizon. Actually, the sun and Moon appear larger at the

horizon, when juxtaposed to objects on earth buildings, trees, ships, etc.

Again incorrect

That's literally an optical illusion
Why does the Sun appear larger on the horizon than overhead? (Intermediate)
Why does the sun appear so much larger when it is on the horizon then when it is high in the sky?

That the Sun appears larger when it is on the horizon is just an optical illusion. The brain thinks that objects on the horizon should be farther away than objects overhead;

since the Sun is the same apparent size in both places, the brain concludes that the Sun is physically bigger when it's on the horizon, and thus tricks you into thinking that

the angular size is bigger than when it's overhead. This phenomenon is known as the Ponzo Illusion, and occurs for the Moon as well.

To convince yourself that this is, in fact, an optical illusion, put your head between your legs and look at the Sun upside down when it's on the horizon: it should look the

same as it does when overhead.

For more information about the "larger Sun" and other astronomical myths, check out Phil Plait's article (now on the Moon and not the Sun but it's the same idea!).

Why does the Sun appear larger on the horizon than overhead? (Intermediate) - Curious About Astronomy? Ask an Astronomer

If Earth were flat, summers in the southern hemisphere would experience less day light than the its winter months.

Incorrect

In a flat earth scenario, hemispheres do not exist smh

If Earth were flat, it would be impossible for Australia and Chile to experience daylight during the summer while Alaska is experiencing 24 days without daylight.

Sunlight would have to reach Alaska for that to be possible, and Chile and Australia are on opposite sites of the planet.

Incorrect

In a flat earth map, Australia and Chile are both located near the antarctic ring, meaning when the sun is moving around it's largest radial path, they both receive sunlight whereas Alaska, which is almost completely DUE NORTH, is almost as far away from the sun as the north pole itself, so the horizon ends up obstructing the sun for an extended period of time

You're clearly not thinking smh

flat-earth-theory-map.jpg

If Earth were flat there would be no lunar eclipse.

Incorrect

[/quote]The little-used name for this effect is a "selenelion" (or "selenehelion") and occurs when both the sun and the eclipsed moon can be seen at the same time. But wait! How is this possible? When we have a lunar eclipse, the sun, Earth and moon are in a geometrically straight line in space, with the Earth in the middle.[/quote]

keats-lunar-eclipse-june-2011.jpg

Saturday's Lunar Eclipse Will Include 'Impossible' Sight

If Earth were the would remain completely round as it left your view..

Not sure what this means

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Most of this is false, and I will explain how.
Your turn champ

To answer your question OP, on a ball earth rotating around a sun that is rotating around a fixed point within the galaxy, sun dials should only work once or twice a year, and they shouldn't be perfectly circular because the earth is supposed to be revolving around the sun on an elliptical path

Also, high noon on Jan 1 should actually be exactly high midnight on July 1, exactly 6 months later on the other side of the sun. The block of sunlight that each area experiences should be moving back and forth between at 12 hour interval

Also, constellations should never been seen the same way from night to night, much less over millenia

Also the concept of gravity causing water to stick evenly to a sphere cannot and has not been recreated on earth in any experiments that I've seen

Also, you should be able to see the earth's curvature over large bodies of water, yet you can't

Also, who says a flat earth is supposed to have an edge?? That's just how pseudo-intellectuals dismiss something they don't understand

Also, many people acknowledge that very advanced civilizations lived in the past. Civilizations that mapped out the constellations perfectly and utilized advanced technology that didn't hurt the earthly plane(t). Most of that technology we don't understand to this day. Every single one of said civilizations was under the impression that the earth is flat. This is significant no matter what you believe

I can definitely keep going

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Here's the compass that you're asking about.

Apparently, the magnectic poles, and geographic poles aren't in the same place which causes compasses to get a little weird at the poles. The same effect happens at the North Pole

Show me a pic or video (preferably) of how I could be in Antarctica in a stationary location, and experience 24 hours of daylight?

I already know that you can't provide evidence of anyone being at the magnetic south pole, I was just waiting for you to admit this

@the bold, you already showed this in the video you posted...

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
I majored in computer engineering and minored in physics(I skipped a bunch of physics courses because of high school credits) at ga tech. I'm 1 year away from both degrees(engineering programs are 5 years at gt)

Don't speak on things you don't know

I completed my engineering degree (with a minor in physics) in 2002.

Don't speak on things you don't know, indeed.

You should get your money back.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I've been curious as to how flat Earth folks describe the planet in their eyes.

Are all of the continents on one side? What is considered the edge and how is it different from the flat parts? Is gravity no longer something to believe in because it fuels a round earth theory?

I'm not the type to condemn for different beliefs.. I'd rather give them the time to express their thoughts in full. So anyone who is a believer, you have an audience with me. No judgements.

flat-earth.jpg

CoochieMane

#Wholesomegang
Daps
Reppin
Trinidad
Give it a try one day
s11120_proed100_rightfront.jpg
the sky is just a hologram brehs haven't you heard :troll:

Are you being serious?

If so i'll be glad to educate you on physics.

If not let me know so I wont waste my time.
don't waste your time breh, dude is just gonna regurgitate everything you say from his ignorant point of view thinking he has refuted whatever fact you presented and keep repeating a few dumb talking points.

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
I completed my engineering degree (with a minor in physics) in 2002.

Don't speak on things you don't know, indeed.

You should get your money back.
I notice how you didn't mention where you got your degree though

Nor did you mention what kind of engineering degree it was

You keep falling short in this thread smh

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
the sky is just a hologram brehs haven't you heard :troll:

don't waste your time breh, dude is just gonna regurgitate everything you say from his ignorant point of view thinking he has refuted whatever fact you presented and keep repeating a few dumb talking points.
Cool, yet you know better than to address me directly or respond to any of my questions

It's smart that you choose to avoid embarrassing yourself

Wardo

Pro
Daps
It can be round or flat. Its one or the other. Prove it is flat...

Wardo

Pro
Daps
CAC SCIENCE Says the world is flat. CAC SCIENCE. Prove me wrong. Troll face

KodeBlue

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Incorrect.

The further away from the north pole you are, the more likely it is that the sun will move below the horizon as it's radial path becomes larger. It's moving a greater distance

away from you in the plane at any point. This increasing distance will eventually reach the horizon and then fall below it

On the flip side of this, the earth is supposedly only ~25,000 miles in circumference. In a plane at cruising level, the earths curvature should be completely visible but it's

flat all the way around

Not only that, a plane should have to adjust it's nose down every couple thousand miles on a ball earth, but gyroscopes don't account for this to my knowledge

Not only that, a person sitting in an helicopter at any elevation above the earth should be able to hover and have their destination come to them eventually, since the earth

is rotating. Can you produce any examples of this actually ever occurring? This would be a big ball earth proof to me

Incorrect, the sun and moon and stars all rotate around a fixed northern axis in a flat earth scenario. They all move below the horizon at some point.

Again, on the flip side, if the earth is spinning while rotating around a sun rotating around a galaxy, the same constellations should NEVER be visible in the same way, EVER

Again incorrect and a half-azzed illogical mental jump tbh

In a flat earth scenario the sun and moon are a lot smaller and a lot closer than we are told. The earth would not have to be any larger than it is

Again incorrect

That's literally an optical illusion

Why does the Sun appear larger on the horizon than overhead? (Intermediate) - Curious About Astronomy? Ask an Astronomer

Incorrect

In a flat earth scenario, hemispheres do not exist smh

Incorrect

In a flat earth map, Australia and Chile are both located near the antarctic ring, meaning when the sun is moving around it's largest radial path, they both receive sunlight whereas Alaska, which is almost completely DUE NORTH, is almost as far away from the sun as the north pole itself, so the horizon ends up obstructing the sun for an extended period of time

You're clearly not thinking smh

flat-earth-theory-map.jpg

Incorrect
The little-used name for this effect is a "selenelion" (or "selenehelion") and occurs when both the sun and the eclipsed moon can be seen at the same time. But wait! How is this possible? When we have a lunar eclipse, the sun, Earth and moon are in a geometrically straight line in space, with the Earth in the middle.[/quote]

keats-lunar-eclipse-june-2011.jpg

Saturday's Lunar Eclipse Will Include 'Impossible' Sight

Not sure what this means[/QUOTE]

1. False, on a flat earth, the sun can not "move below" the horizon as there are would be no curvature it to do, thus making the sun cleary visible if there was nothing to obstruct it's view, for example, an airplane flying at 40,000 ft.

2. False, planes fly slightly nose up even at cruising altitudes, and descension, so this proves nothing.

3. True, a will hover in the same spot without the earth spinning under. That could be (my hypothesis) because helicopter would be taking off at the same speed at which earth rotates at a constant velocity of 1040 mph, and due to Earth's atmosphere which also moves at the same speed, and the fact that the air (which gives the helicopter lift in the first place) is also moving with the rotation of the earth gives sound explanation of how, and why the helicopter can hover without earth moving under it. Try this: take a drone on a bus or airplane, make it hover, and see if it flies to the back of the bus or plane...It won't. Proof is in the two videos below.
Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

4. Wrong again, there should never be a reason for stars, which are much further away than the sun, to dip below the horizon (which the sun, stars and moon can't do on a flat Earth). Also, you certainly be able to see same stars on the round earth in a rotating galaxy because though the Galaxy is spinning, stars are stationary within it. Planets revolve around stars along a fixed axis, moons revolve around planets along a fixed axis; Comets, and asteroids are the only objects free to move about the Galaxy.

5. Again, this is clearly untrue. Seeing as how Australia, and Chile are on opposite ends of the planet, a larger radius of the sun's revolution could not reach both Chile and Australia. It would only be possible during the northern Hemisphere's summer, when it is halfway between the two countries,which would make it about noon in Alaska, which by default would make it Chile's and Australia's winter, giving them both less daylight. So, no, it is not possible.

Post videos or pics of the sun being completely round dipping below the horizon which it can not do on a flat Earth

If earth is as seen in the map you provided, that would make Brazil roughly the 3rd largest country on the planet by land area behind Russia, and Australia. In in reality Brazil is the 5th largest after Russia, Canada, the United States, and China; yet it is larger than Australia.

I'll finish schooling you when I get to a computer.