Let's Be Real, Kanye Is The Most Important Artist Since Mike

Truth200

Banned
Daps
Nah he's more like a Pink Floyd or some shyt. An artist that made amazing music but that only people with good taste in music recognize. He'll go down in history as one of the best music artists of all time, but he'll never be the icon Mike was. White America doesn't like him.

Don't ever disrespect Pink Floyd like that.....:what:

Pink Floyd sold over 200,000,000 albums, that's beyond the genre of Hip Hop.

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
They put him on the same level as MJ :russ:
oh fukk no!!!
i didn't see that one!!
the fukk!!!!!!!
32707-Hell-no-gif-e2AG.jpeg

CouldntBeMeTho

Gul DuCat
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dog Shooting Squad Of Islamabad
"I'm lost in the world, been down my whole life" :noah:
Appreciate greatness :ufdup:

Ye is in my top 3-5 producers of all time range, so saying that he has the best two produced albums of all time isn't THAT crazy. but I couldn't even pick a best two, because in fairness I would have to go back and listen to a bunch of albums and do my homework. :patrice:

And everybody been rocking those retro jordans :patrice:

Im starting to think Ye has the most delusional stan base in existence. I wonder if this is how Nas stans acted back on :hamster: :pachaha:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Nah he's more like a Pink Floyd or some shyt.

:mjlol:

An artist that made amazing music but that only people with good taste in music recognize. He'll go down in history as one of the best music artists of all time, but he'll never be the icon Mike was. White America doesn't like him.

Lies.

And it only looks that way because he is constantly drawing attention to himself with his bleeding vagina. White people love Kante West, despite his faux pro-black "aesthetics" :laugh:

You think nikkas are buying all those records? and every time I turn around Kante fans are trying to use some review from some yuppie to point to how much of a genius he is. Where is the hate? The south park guys? Street signs and other inanimate objects? I don't see it.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
for as much as i like and respect kanye's music and i even think, as I've said time and time again, he's been the best artist in hip hop for the last (10 years) decade....

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/kanye-west-been-the-best-artist-in-all-of-hip-hop-since-04.204430/
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/kany...sic-on-his-back-for-the-past-10-years.240472/

the most important artist since michael jackson has been prince. outside of michael jackson and after michael jackson, no other artist challenged and trailblazed the 80's the way prince did. his run in the 80's was damn near impossible and unbelievable :mindblown:

Issue_50-Prince.jpg

prince's work effort on his music and the music he's done for countless others speaks for itself. the man is the definition of a "one man band"; writin', arrangin', producin', etc all himself :damn:

his work ethic; the quantity (he was putin' out solo albums every year except for 83' and even then it was still albums he was puttin' out by other artists he either wrote and or produced for bein' released) and quality of work for himself and others was unheard. the man was puttin' classic music from 1980 to 1987. even the last couple of albums in the 80's when his creativity was startin' to wane off (lovesexy and the batman soundtrack) were still good. he's one of the greats who's "good" or "average" music is still head and shoulders better than many of the so called "best" of that time period

don't think so? just check this out this documentary on him if you have no idea bout how great prince was back in 80's. prince was the man

Last edited:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
the culture.

Remember Ye broke that wall of gangster rap and the genre hasn't been the same since.

Yea, there were conscious artists in the 90s but nothing like Ye.

No he didn't

Ye killed that super thug mixtape rapper thing completely in 07 when he defeated Fif in the sales battle. Ye made it cool for young blacks to be more than random old school Pac wanna bes.