Gul DuCat
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dog Shooting Squad Of Islamabad
:beli:

I said MODERN RAP ERA for one .

Secondly, I said BIGGEST IN THE GAME.

Vanilla Ice was never the biggest in the game. neither were the Beastie Boys or MC Hammer. Modern Rap Era negga.

the topic of the thread was since MJ. Now you trying to change the criteria :heh:

All those artists were big at one point, you can criticize their authenticity all you want, but they still have some of the highest selling albums of their time :umad:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
You still expect kids of today to act like 80s gangsters with mental stagnation and redundant slang? I ain't with the feminine shyt, but not everyone can be LOX material.
is that what the fukk he said tho?:what:

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
the topic of the thread was since MJ. Now you trying to change the criteria :heh:

All those artists were big at one point, you can criticize their authenticity all you want, but they still have some of the highest selling albums of their time :umad:
So does Justin Bieber what is your point breh :heh:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You think nikkas are buying all those records? and every time I turn around Kante fans are trying to use some review from some yuppie to point to how much of a genius he is. Where is the hate? The south park guys? Street signs and other inanimate objects? I don't see it.
Apparently white people don't like Ye, but he continues to sell millions, get grammy noms and gets critical acclaim from "white" publications like Pitchfork and Rolling Stone.

CouldntBeMeTho

Gul DuCat
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pac fans take the cake.

dDLXLRh.gif

CouldntBeMeTho

Gul DuCat
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
There weren't even LL can be considered a street nikka.
ima need some nyc cats to verify this :patrice:

there's definitely been huge artists that weren't street cats by any stretch of the imagination before Kanye..

I know I give u a hard time, but youre still one of the better 2014 members breh :salute:

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
ima need some nyc cats to verify this :patrice:

there's definitely been huge artists that weren't street cats by any stretch of the imagination before Kanye..

I know I give u a hard time, but youre still one of the better 2014 members breh :salute:
You know its no hard feelings B :smugfavre:

I don't mind debate. You're a good member too :salute:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I admit for a few years everyone was imitating his sound of having chipmunk voices on their songs.. although im not 100% sure he originated that at all.

The "sped up chipmunk" shyt was popularized by RZA a good 10 years before anyone knew who Kanye was:

Kanye came into the game as a bootleg RZA....the beats he played for Jay were literally meant for Ghost....and by his own admission he modeled "The Blueprint" after "Supreme Clientele".

So nah....you can say he extended the life of that trend, but he didn't originate shyt.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Side note, when did all you dudes claiming Kanye is the GOAT, and Prince, and MJ, start listening to rap and/or the artists mentioned?

I'm actually old enough to remember those dude's peak and Kanye is Questionmark Asylum status compared to them. Dude is not remotely on the same level, from any standpoint.

Fred.

CouldntBeMeTho

Gul DuCat
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The "sped up chipmunk" shyt was popularized by RZA a good 10 years before anyone knew who Kanye was:

Kanye came into the game as a bootleg RZA....the beats he played for Jay were literally meant for Ghost....and by his own admission he modeled "The Blueprint" after "Supreme Clientele".

So nah....you can say he extended the life of that trend, but he didn't originate shyt.

Fred.

props :ohhh: do you have a link on Kanye talking about modeling blueprint after sc?