Lets be 100% real, nikkas on the east coast are the best dressed/most style.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
:ufdup:Dad hats originated in the DMV

Now everyone wanna look like a dad n shyt. I specifically remember nikkas rocking Polo dad hats.

This back then when nikkas around america didn't know if they wanted to rock fitted or snapbacks.

omggggglol.
NYC been wearing dad hats. I had a couple Polo and Nautica dad hats years ago.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
:ufdup:Dad hats originated in the DMV

Now everyone wanna look like a dad n shyt. I specifically remember nikkas rocking Polo dad hats.

This back then when nikkas around america didn't know if they wanted to rock fitted or snapbacks.

omggggglol.
We been on those. We used to rock those in hs with Polo sweatsuits. People tend to forget that wearing flat brims is actually relatively recent. I spent the whole 90s bending my brims up

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Yall DEFINITELY don't dress like us, that's the only thing i'ma agree with you on.

nikkas from The Bean most certainly talk like NY nikkas, with the "ju hurdd you oready snow dhat" and allat. Not even gonna talk about how NY run Boston on some street shyt.. And that's no disrespect cuz I've played Blocks out there and it's love.

Philly nikkas cleaner in the literal sense, they was the main ones with the polos buttoned all the way up to the top and not really jackin the ripped designer look that NY started.

Yeah I knew this one dude from Boston and he was talking about “word to”, “dead ass”, “juu heard”. And his accent wasn’t that strong Boston accent, sounded more NY.

I was like :dwillhuh:

Last edited:

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
And Ian Connor jocks the West Coast hard...
tumblr_nqir8yMfKG1rypeyco1_1280.jpg
...:umad:....
This is the nikka being heralded as a fashion icon?:wtf:

I see nikkas looking just like that selling weed at the gas station all the time:heh:

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
This isn’t true. People started rocking more fitted clothes due to the rock star era. The Diplomats and Pharrell have more influence on that than anyone else
Same year, very different aesthetics
aa3dbb0c1d2d360c1ce9fea901177e83.jpg

latest

Feel like dudes on here are showing their age, I’m 25 now and when I was in middle school and high school (Houston) nobody was trying to dress like any New York shyt, nikkas were trying dress like Kanye West and the Cool Kids. We even had a big clique out here that was completely inspired by the cool kids, while the average kids was rocking the Kanye scarfs/jean jackets/shutter shades. Later on the jerk wave came and a lot of kids hopped on that.

New York hasn’t been relevant to the rest of the country on music or dressing for the past decade.

Last edited:

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Same year, very different aesthetics
aa3dbb0c1d2d360c1ce9fea901177e83.jpg

latest

Feel like dudes on here are showing their age, I’m 25 now and when I was in middle school and high school (Houston) nobody was trying to dress like any New York shyt, nikkas were trying dress like Kanye West and the Cool Kids. We even had a big c
Pharrell and Kanye opened up the lane for the nerd/suburban type cat in hip hop and this was the type of look they had. Its already been established in here where Kanye got his style from. You cant deny the rockstar look that the Dipset influenced tho. They even had Wayne on their nuts. But Pharrell isn't from NY but he's still an east coast dude

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
This is the nikka being heralded as a fashion icon?:wtf:

I see nikkas looking just like that selling weed at the gas station all the time:heh:

Because of him.
You proving the point.
I don't even think Ian Connor is all that but nikkas want to talk about trends and not the actual act of dressing well.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Because of him.
You proving the point.
I don't even think Ian Connor is all that but nikkas want to talk about trends and not the actual act of dressing well.
The nikkas I see looking like that aren't looking like that for fashion. Theyre looking like that becuz they are low level dime bag pushers and are some bums

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
The nikkas I see looking like that aren't looking like that for fashion. Theyre looking like that becuz they are low level dime bag pushers and are some bums

So nikkas are hand to hand in Baltimore with colored dreads and mix matching designer with streetwear? Thats been the norm out your way?

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
So nikkas are hand to hand in Baltimore with colored dreads and mix matching designer with streetwear? Thats been the norm out your way?
nikkas been doing that for a minute minus the colorful dreads. Also 9.5 times outta 10 the designer shyt they got on is bootlegs from the Patapsco flea market