Lets be 100% real, nikkas on the east coast are the best dressed/most style.

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
Pharrell and Kanye opened up the lane for the nerd/suburban type cat in hip hop and this was the type of look they had. Its already been established in here where Kanye got his style from. You cant deny the rockstar look that the Dipset influenced tho. They even had Wayne on their nuts. But Pharrell isn't from NY but he's still an east coast dude
That rockstar shyt never caught on with the masses, at least not here in Texas. nikkas went straight from Baggy Miskeen and Coogi to tight colorful jeans/jean jackets/SnapBacks/scarfs etc etc.

All that shyt came from Chicago.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Yeah I knew this one dude from Boston and he was talking about “word too”, “dead ass”, “juu heard”. And his accent wasn’t that strong Boston accent, sounded more NY.

I was like :dwillhuh:
Boston stay on ny nuts but we'll never admit it. These African college students here are something else though seen breh walk out with a black n gold blazer

:wow:I put some respect on that man's name

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Breh, we're talking about hood/hip-hop culture.

That 2006-2008 Chicago wave and the the Jerk wave from Cali are the reason most black people today are wearing more fitted clothes, not NY.
In the get lite/Chicken Noodle Soup/Aunt Jackie era around 07 kids in NY were wearing colorful skinny jeans and all that. Lite feet predates Jerkin’ too. :russell:

Jim Jones and Juelz was wearing shmedium Ed Hardy tees and boot cut Trueys. By ‘08ish we was pretty much completely off baggy and was wearing more fitted Trueys and Tavernitis most nikkas elsewhere was still wearing tall tees and shyt (Soulja Boy :mjlol:).

Last edited:

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
That rockstar shyt never caught on with the masses, at least not here in Texas. nikkas went straight from Baggy Miskeen and Coogi to tight colorful jeans/jean jackets/SnapBacks/scarfs etc etc.

All that shyt came from Chicago.
I cant speak on TX like that but I do know that garbage rock star look definitely caught on in a lot of places:russ:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
nikkas been doing that for a minute minus the colorful dreads. Also 9.5 times outta 10 the designer shyt they got on is bootlegs from the Patapsco flea market

nikkas in DC were not wearing streetwear from NY/Cali/London. Yall just said yall did yall own thing.
Then to mix it with couture and designer.
I mean the Chicago rappers and Pharrell was doing that but they were doing it with fruity colors and shyt.
The Mob and Ian took that same approach but basically toned the colorways down and took more of a punk aesthetic than the cartoony stuff Ye/P/Lupe/Wale/etc were doing.

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
In the get lite/Chicken Noodle Soup/Aunt Jackie era around 07 kids in NY were wearing colorful skinny jeans and all that. Lite feet predates Jerkin’ too. :russell:

Jim Jones and Juelz was wearing shmedium Ed Hardy tees and boot cut Trueys. By ‘08ish we was pretty much completely off baggy and was wearing more fitted Trueys and Tavernitis while nikkas most nikkas elsewhere was still wearing tall tees and shyt (Soulja Boy :mjlol:).
Lol it’s the internet era, we got receipts for everything, y’all were still wearing tall tees for the most part

No skinny jeans in sight.

Like I said the picture comparison I posted of the Cool Kids/Skull Gang we’re both in 2008. Skull Gang was far from fitted breh.

NYers really trying to revise history and claim they made that skinny jeans/hipster/skater wave pop.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Lol it’s the internet era, we got receipts for everything, y’all were still wearing y’all tees for the most part

Like I said the picture comparison I posted of the Cool Kids/Skull Gang we’re both in 2008. Skull Gang was far from fitted breh.

NYers really trying to revise history and claim they made that skinny jeans/hipster/skater wave pop.

Bro I was there you not gonna tell me. There’s kids wearing colorful clothing and skinny jeans in this video :russ:

And that Cool Kids stuff was for a niche demographic

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
nikkas in DC were not wearing streetwear from NY/Cali/London. Yall just said yall did yall own thing.
Then to mix it with couture and designer.
I mean the Chicago rappers and Pharrell was doing that but they were doing it with fruity colors and shyt.
The Mob and Ian took that same approach but basically toned the colorways down and took more of a punk aesthetic than the cartoony stuff Ye/P/Lupe/Wale/etc were doing.
I can dig it

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol stop tryna save face fool, you ain’t slick for shyt. The nikka grew up in Takoma Park and his pops used to live here in PG and Yeezy was tuned into the fashion game out here. Took that shyt back to Chicago and reinterpreted in his own image and set off waves with it as a result. Y’all Chitown bamas get a good chunk of y’all gear from the DMV and Detroit as well as NYC with the offbrand shyt (y’all really are NY’s lil brother :ehh:). The East Coast ain’t rocking no Midwest shyt fukk outta here wit that cuz :laff: Go back to LSA.

Why everybody from the DMV got selective memory? When I first moved out here from Cali, everybody in the DMV was wearing slouch socks, Warner Bros gear, sparkly snapbacks with your name written in glitter, rubber bands around the ends of your jeans. :stopitslime: Not saying there wasn't no one fly in the DMV, but y'all try to make it seem like y'all neck in neck with NY which is a joke. :russ:Styles in the DMV change every ten years apparently. Last decade everybody was North Face and Nike boots, now it's Helly Hansen and 990's. NY fashion shyts on DMV fashion from the hood to high fashion. At least NY don't change. In the hood they still wearing Timbs, fitteds, Pelle's and don't give a fukk. And they mix high fashion with hood shyt better in NY. I'm from the Bay, not known for the flyest fashion, but at least we don't claim to be a fashion capital on the level of NY. :hhh:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
As a Southerner.
The first kids I saw rock skinny jeans was these nikkas from Cali who transferred into my school in 04/05.
We had some NYC kids transfer a few years later on that wave.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Why everybody from the DMV got selective memory? When I first moved out here from Cali, everybody in the DMV was wearing slouch socks, Warner Bros gear, sparkly snapbacks with your name written in glitter, rubber bands around the ends of your jeans. :stopitslime: Not saying there wasn't no one fly in the DMV, but y'all try to make it seem like y'all neck in neck with NY which is a joke. :russ:Styles in the DMV change every ten years apparently. Last decade everybody was North Face and Nike boots, now it's Helly Hansen and 990's. NY fashion shyts on DMV fashion from the hood to high fashion. At least NY don't change. In the hood they still wearing Timbs, fitteds, Pelle's and don't give a fukk. And they mix high fashion with hood shyt better in NY. I'm from the Bay, not known for the flyest fashion, but at least we don't claim to be a fashion capital on the level of NY. :hhh:
I do remember DC nikkas rocking slouch socks and Warner Bros gear. They would rock Harley Davidson shyt too driving around in a Cutlass:laff:

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
Lol it’s the internet era, we got receipts for everything, y’all were still wearing tall tees for the most part

You gotta understand that in NY at that time. Straight leg dark blue Levis and air maxes was poppin. Slim Fit Jeans wasn't associated with skater or hipsters.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
where in md u live? must be like gaithersburg or columbia type suburbia cuz i aint never seen this shyt

Maybe, I didn't move from the hood in Cali to move to another hood on some game goofy shyt. But everybody in Baltimore was on their Blood/Crip shyt in like 07-09' when Wayne and Game were advertising Blooding like it was a trend. :russ: I understand gangs in Baltimore filter from the prison system. But seeing all these fools on the East Coast wearing red and blue rags looked like a fashion statement to me. :hhh:
I do remember DC nikkas rocking slouch socks and Warner Bros gear. They would rock Harley Davidson shyt too driving around in a Cutlass:laff:

And now they try to act like everybody in DC always been dipped in Versace just because Biggie said so. :lolbron: And they try to front like they was always wearing fitted clothes. Hell no, nobody wore "fitted clothes" back in the day. At least not by todays standards. Maybe they didn't adopt the freeswing 8XL tees, but their shyt was "fitted" like Kanye's jeans on the cover of College Dropout which was still a size 40 on someone who wears a size 32. But that shyt looked "fitted" compared to goons wearing size 60 throwbacks with size 46 jeans in 2004.