Lets be 100% real, nikkas on the east coast are the best dressed/most style.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
And now they try to act like everybody in DC always been dipped in Versace just because Biggie said so. :lolbron: And they try to front like they was always wearing fitted clothes. Hell no, nobody wore "fitted clothes" back in the day. At least not by todays standards. Maybe they didn't adopt the freeswing 8XL tees, but their shyt was "fitted" like Kanye's jeans on the cover of College Dropout which was still a size 40 on someone who wears a size 32. But that shyt looked "fitted" compared to goons wearing size 60 throwbacks with size 46 jeans in 2004.
They did always rock fitted clothes tho. I remember starting college in 99 and there was mad DC cats. They were wearing fitted white tees and straight leg jeans back then. It was us Baltimore cats that wore baggy shyt

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
Maybe, I didn't move from the hood in Cali to move to another hood on some game goofy shyt. But everybody in Baltimore was on their Blood/Crip shyt in like 07-09' when Wayne and Game were advertising Blooding like it was a trend. :russ: I understand gangs in Baltimore filter from the prison system. But seeing all these fools on the East Coast wearing red and blue rags looked like a fashion statement to me. :hhh:

And now they try to act like everybody in DC always been dipped in Versace just because Biggie said so. :lolbron: And they try to front like they was always wearing fitted clothes. Hell no, nobody wore "fitted clothes" back in the day. At least not by todays standards. Maybe they didn't adopt the freeswing 8XL tees, but their shyt was "fitted" like Kanye's jeans on the cover of College Dropout which was still a size 40 on someone who wears a size 32. But that shyt looked "fitted" compared to goons wearing size 60 throwbacks with size 46 jeans in 2004.

Depending on your age/era. When people grew up and started going to lux, dream/love, H20, fur, k street, platinum etc. We couldn't dress in DC we r one, solbiato, etc brands due to dress codes.

I mean nikkas wasn't gonna wear a solbiato- hoodie shirt to a club/lounge to a gogo yeah.

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
Philly is surprisingly clean with it :ehh:

Bmore is still kinda ehhhh but they’ve actually gotten better over the last few years, I even see it on my campus.

Idk how Boston nikkas sport their armor, I’ve always assumed they be on some NY shyt but with a more local twist to it.

Don’t know how 757 nikkas dress, never been curious about it honestly.

Richmond nikkas prolly dress a lil similar to DMV nikkas since Richmond is like DC’s lil sibling in a lotta ways but peeps from the 804 used to look bummy to me, they might’ve step their game up tho who knows.

Hungerpain

Banned
Daps
Same year, very different aesthetics
aa3dbb0c1d2d360c1ce9fea901177e83.jpg

latest

Feel like dudes on here are showing their age, I’m 25 now and when I was in middle school and high school (Houston) nobody was trying to dress like any New York shyt, nikkas were trying dress like Kanye West and the Cool Kids. We even had a big clique out here that was completely inspired by the cool kids, while the average kids was rocking the Kanye scarfs/jean jackets/shutter shades. Later on the jerk wave came and a lot of kids hopped on that.

New York hasn’t been relevant to the rest of the country on music or dressing for the past decade.
nikkas was definitely rocking trues,Ed Hardy,Black Label,Nike boots, V necks BB belts around that time tryna look like Jim and Wanye.
Idk what type of school you went to where EVERYONE was looking like the cool kids and Kanye but it definitely aint up north.

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
nikkas was definitely rocking trues,Ed Hardy,Black Label,Nike boots, V necks BB belts around that time tryna look like Jim and Wanye.
Idk what type of school you went to where EVERYONE was looking like the cool kids and Kanye but it definitely aint up north.
You talking about the north side of Houston?
I’m from the Southwest, and yea I don’t know what y’all were doing up there, but that shyt didn’t go in the Southwest.

You had big ass cliques like KREAM and FDAB that were considered the flyest nikkas when all they did was copy the Cool kids, even before them you had a clique of pimps called the Av8ters that also were just copying Chicago trends but consider the flyest nikkas in the city.

Last edited:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
No it’s not man. That shyt started with jim jones and bird gang. Not no damn Chicago lol

I remembered when Jimmy the bum Jones and Stack Bundles were on that fitted wave, people clowned them back in 04.....by early 2006, cats were wearing all those fitted clothing. Crazy times.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
nikka said some irrlevant ass city like detriot n chicago:russ:

Cali nikkas dressed like they in san quentin prison nshyt. How many fashion threads have been made and some :flabbynsick: nikka come in talkin “all I need is a fresh pair of cortez and ironed dikkie suit”:flabbynsick:

Southern nikkas wearing dresses nshyt. And have haircuts that are WOAT.

Coordinate the xans wit tha lean in my rockstar skinnies :blessed:

Sb sb

Im not a slutty boy but I dew babby:blessed:

“HUGO boss n foamposites iont rock that other shyt”:blessed:

:laff: @ Cali street dudes copying from jail brehs with fashion.

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
Bullshyt, Texas got that. Y'all nikkas wear Eskimo jackets and utility boots half the year due to cold and claim best dressed. We styling all year because the temp is always reasonable and we have a get fly clean whip culture. Parkin lot pimpin, UGK, Slim Thug, Lil Flip were nikkas known to come through shining and that shyt trickles down to the culture. I ain't gone lie them New York nikkas looked especially funny in them old 90s music vides with them husky 0 degrees jackets and them stupid ass tims. I digress :pachaha:

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
But honestly, thw logic of southern brehs not giving a fukk about clothes is because they get attention from broads anyway. Some people believe that as long as you got hoes, cash in your pocket, and a roof over your head, you straight. There is no incentive down south to dress fresh :manny:

ben anderson

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
MD
Bullshyt, Texas got that. Y'all nikkas wear Eskimo jackets and utility boots half the year due to cold and claim best dressed. We styling all year because the temp is always reasonable and we have a get fly clean whip culture. Parkin lot pimpin, UGK, Slim Thug, Lil Flip were nikkas known to come through shining and that shyt trickles down to the culture. I ain't gone lie them New York nikkas looked especially funny in them old 90s music vides with them husky 0 degrees jackets and them stupid ass tims. I digress :pachaha:
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol: