Let the Dead Rest While They Still Can : The Walking Dead Season Four Thread

tr2k

All Star
Daps
There is no doubt that Governor is dead...

I still think it's somewhat open-ended on Judith....nothing conspiratorial about that c'mon.

They really aren't in the same category. We saw Gov take a shot to the dome, Judith disappeared and while that can clearly be a sign that zombies ate her, there was also like 5 different groups of people that could have scooped her up.

Lori was different as well. She was clearly dying, and we heard the gunshot from Carl. For Lori not to have been dead, it would have meant that Carl busted a random round.

I'm on Team Judith Is Alive. If I'm wrong I'm wrong....:yeshrug: I just really think that one of those groups scooped her up.

It would all be easier to discern if the geography of the scene was better laid out. It was kinda difficult to tell where everyones placement was. I don't even know how that carriage got there or where *there* actually was in relation to the other characters. It helped create a sense of chaos but we lost some information.
I dont think he is dead. He is either a walker or she missed and let them eat him as someone else said. They got to drag it out. It would be pointless to kill the baby. They killed Herschel. The baby 's absences is to create suspense. But they gave subtle clues as to the fate of the child.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I dont think he is dead. He is either a walker or she missed and let them eat him as someone else said. They got to drag it out.

:comeon: first off, if he's a walker, he's dead. second, lilly shot him. third, they drug it out for 1.5 seasons, it's DONE, there's way more material to cover.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
ib2altnm5wQuN0.gif

:wow:

Future PAWGs in training....:lolbron:

:bryan:

I was so glad when they iced that broad. Bad enough she was an annoying lesbian, but when she began to enjoy busting those guns, it was :camby:

tr2k

All Star
Daps
:comeon: first off, if he's a walker, he's dead. second, lilly shot him. third, they drug it out for 1.5 seasons, it's DONE, there's way more material to cover.
they got to make his death...not easy.Im saying he didnt catch a headshot in either case

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
they got to make his death...not easy.Im saying he didnt catch a headshot in either case
:rudy:

anyways, how bout rick ole scary ass talkin bout ":whoa: there's a council now, i dont make decisions anymore" soon as gov show up with some goons.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
i wouldnt be surprised if they deviated from the source material :manny: but i dont see the point in pump faking us, judith has to die eventually
If it's a "pump fake"...it's purely a plot device.We got to see Rick and Carl react...and they will certainly go into the second half at the lowest point in their lives. But it may also lead to a triumphant reunion. Drama is drama....:manny: Babies are *supposed* to be plot devices.

The whole "unlikely parent must take care of child" trope can also be put to use. Imagine if the second half of the season starts with Tyrese, Judith, and a bunch of kids trying to find everyone....:wow:

Or maybe Beth and Daryl scooped her up and they bond over taking care of her. This would thematically make sense...Daryl is clearly extremely fond of little "ass-kicker" and Beth seems like she's basically been the main one taking care of Judith anyways.

Michonne also had that scene earlier in the season where niccas said she was playing the "mammy" and Judith hit her with the :scusthov: face....:pachaha: Scenes like that are often little nuggets trying to establish something for later. We also know that Michonne took care of and nurtured Andrea in the past so we know that she DOES have that motherly instinct in her.

They could even throw a curve ball and have Tara and Lilly end up with her.....imagine the drama resulting from THAT!

Many places they could go with Judith.

Of course, like I said, *could* be completely wrong. I'll definitely have to watch the episode again...but that just didn't feel as dramatic as I would have expected it to be....after how they played Lori's death, Judith's seemed more like a minor occurrence. Of course, Rick and Carl are far more hardened now, and they also didn't really have time to grieve at that moment ("don't look back, just keep walking")....still...I would suspect that Judith's death would be more than just "she got lost in the scuffle".

I dont think he is dead. He is either a walker or she missed and let them eat him as someone else said. They got to drag it out. It would be pointless to kill the baby. They killed Herschel. The baby 's absences is to create suspense. But they gave subtle clues as to the fate of the child.

Governor is definitely 100 percent dead. They acknowledged it a couple of times during Talking Dead. While most of the episode was about Hershel and his actor, they did have a quick segment with Rick talking about how much he's going to miss Governor and how he had grown to like him so much.

Robert Kirkman even went through a step by step process as to why they killed the governor in the way they did. They made it so that Rick and Michonne both got some, but that Lilly finished him off as she did in the comics. He talked in decent depth about why he liked a somewhat "unknown" character to kill him off. There was no hint of coyness...they aren't even trying to swerve people on him.

This is actually another reason why I think Judith is alive....they were coy as shyt about her, talking bout "well, you'll just have to tune in to find out". Once again, it could just be that she's dead and they were being coy for coyness sake...but Kirkman didn't seem like he was making a definitive statement either way. BTW, Judith also didn't get mentioned in their "Goodbye" segment....this could be because she's a baby and they just aren't trying to talk about an infant dying in such a joking manner...but it could also be a hint that she's alive.

Don't stop belieeeeving, hold on to that feeeeliiiiiing....:to:

Made Man

All Star
Daps
Man idk brehs. Why wouldn't they show michone finishing the governor off? Why wouldn't they show the governor actually getting shot? I downloaded this episode so what did they say on talking dead?

Made Man

All Star
Daps
It was way too easy for michone to chop his head off or something to make sure he died .

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Only reason I think Judith may be alive is because a zombie isn't picking up anything to eat it. It would have gotten down and ate her while she was in the car seat. And it was too much blood in that seat for one of the kids to have picked her up because they weren't covered in blood. I'm guessing either Michonne or Daryl grabbed her. Not sure how much blood Michonne had on her but Daryl got covered when he was using that zombie as a shield.

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
i get it u want a strong black character that has no emotions and just a straight up killer, well it aint tyreese, at sum point you'll take him for wat he is....shyt the only alpha's on the show is carl and darryl if u wanna be real and tyreese wasnt even that much of an alpha in the comic (except when it came to zombies, which is how he is on the show :ld:) he was just rick right hand man and was smashing bishes but its whatever breh :yeshrug:
then name him tyrone, not tyreese. theres no point of bringing the character from print to tv if this is who hes gonna be. his own wiki is "He is portrayed as a strong and charismatic survivor who often acts as a leader."

thats not even close to being the case in the show. i get bringing up the book in this thread in any capacity is met with insults and ridicule, but this is a big deal. its like taking ned from game of thrones, and on the show making him a dishonorable man and smashing pawgs in kings landing :wtf:.

this is my only complaint, they've been better this season with establishing his alpha personality with the wife being burnt, but then rick gave em the beats :damn:(with the help of daryl :leostare:) im hoping they showcase him with leading the little kids to safety and then going from there with his character, but to act like im just complaining to complain isnt the case, especially with multiple people agreeing with me.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Man idk brehs. Why wouldn't they show michone finishing the governor off? Why wouldn't they show the governor actually getting shot? I downloaded this episode so what did they say on talking dead?
Like I said in the post above....on Talking Dead Robert Kirkman talked about why they killed him off in the manner that they did. But basically, it allowed both Rick, Michonne, and Lilly to get a piece of him before he died.

It was way too easy for michone to chop his head off or something to make sure he died .

She wanted him to get eaten by walkers. Chopping him clean would have been mercy.

Only reason I think Judith may be alive is because a zombie isn't picking up anything to eat it. It would have gotten down and ate her while she was in the car seat. And it was too much blood in that seat for one of the kids to have picked her up because they weren't covered in blood. I'm guessing either Michonne or Daryl grabbed her. Not sure how much blood Michonne had on her but Daryl got covered when he was using that zombie as a shield.

Yeah, I also saw on other sites people were noting that the straps were undone. No way could a zombie have done that.

Of course, that could just be a continuity error....or maybe whoever placed Judith there didn't have her buckled up...but I think it's evidence that she was taken.

Oh and don't forget that Beangelo, Maggie, and Sasha were also bloody from Beangelo getting shot.