Let me reminisce on the first wave of the Internet Hip-Hop scene 1996-2000

DoomzdayzV

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes I remember Roscoe....damn .

JFC, FML, UGA were the 3 tops crews when I got there. TwD came around. I remember Tru Masters was the group of "allstars". And yes JFCxSniper was like RAKIM lol . I remember going to chat rooms with the crew to battle other crews. Soon as that board shut down I went to rapmusic .com

Yeah True Masters...i still remember that whole crew...Toxic TM, SkysoftMic, JFCxStorm, Lyricz TM, Dr Oct0pus, Darkflowz

I remember TwDxTragic ended up being this wigger from Phoenix, TwD had like 100 members ahaha

remember Weapon X? he was this half chinese half black dude from harlem and he went to jail for accidentally punching some old lady in the face cause she grabbed him from behind or some shyt

Last edited:

Mac Casper

@adonnis - pull up, there's refreshments
Daps
Reppin
Love
:pachaha: at the days of the Death Row forum . . I won the textcee battle and then built a crew that became crew of the month . . that shyt went hard

Carbone

Rookie
Daps
Yeah True Masters...i still remember that whole crew...Toxic TM, SkysoftMic, JFCxStorm, Lyricz TM, Dr Oct0pus, Darkflowz

I remember TwDxTragic ended up being this wigger from Phoenix, TwD had like 100 members ahaha

remember Weapon X? he was this half chinese half black dude from harlem and he went to jail for accidentally punching some old lady in the face cause she grabbed him from behind or some shyt

Remember them all. I think it is crazy to find someone from the board considering it only had a small amount of people on it. And I thought I had a good memory. Keep name dropping haha

Last edited:

DoomzdayzV

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Remember them all. I think it is crazy to find someone from the board considering it only had a small amount of people on it. And I thought I had a good memory. Keep name dropping haha

yeah its kinda sad that there is literally no record on the net of any of this shyt having happened, like it was some fantasy of mine. ahaha.

I could name drop everyone bruh, I was on those 2 boards since around 97. IAMFLY6000, JFC Raptor, SickRhymez. DropnJoulz, LordIllest and Awkw0rdz from Miami, TwDxSecta,

I remember this wop cat (pardon me if you are of that origin) TwdxPaisan who had this angelfire website dedicated to exposing dudes who would supposedly use writtens in a freestyle battle.

JFC Raptor was my dog back then, he was from BK I was in Mt Vernon so we would have phone cyphers n shyt. We both thought we would get signed.

When I was put on to Centerstage...I REALLY thought I was gonna get some exposure cause that site was full of big names.....Canibus had a couple battles on there under the name Colossus. The whole CunninLynguists crew was on there battling in Real Audio

@woochild and NapsNDreds were heavy on there. Im almost positive that WordPerfect cat was Eminem in disguise.

Last edited:

Carbone

Rookie
Daps
damnnnn..That memory is on point. ZERO record of it ever happening. That's what blew my mind when I googled the crews and this was the only thing to come up. I appreciate the topic and your memory. I was in high school from 96-2000 and lived on the boards. It was another world. Good times. Have you always gone by Doomz? that name looks very familiar.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
no mention of:

hiphopsite.com
sandbox automatic
sumshyt I wrote : Who had the release of all the artist that were hard to get.
plus, he had fiddy, how to rob first, too
first southern real bboy I saw on the net.

Art Barr

DoomzdayzV

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
damnnnn..That memory is on point. ZERO record of it ever happening. That's what blew my mind when I googled the crews and this was the only thing to come up. I appreciate the topic and your memory. I was in high school from 96-2000 and lived on the boards. It was another world. Good times. Have you always gone by Doomz? that name looks very familiar.

yeah my moniker on here was my last AOL handle. DoomzdayzV, I had alot of names, VeNomFLoWz, JFCxVenom, JFCxAtomik, ShocKa MG (MG was a group I formed with JFCxPotent), TheMastuh507

I got banned from AOL so many fukkin times I lost count. ahaha.

KStayReal

Rookie
Daps
yeah my moniker on here was my last AOL handle. DoomzdayzV, I had alot of names, VeNomFLoWz, JFCxVenom, JFCxAtomik, ShocKa MG (MG was a group I formed with JFCxPotent), TheMastuh507

I got banned from AOL so many fukkin times I lost count. ahaha.
Wow...don't know if you guys are still on this site but I was FMLxVirus. I was bored and wondered if there were any remains on the web of those AOL days. I have a CD with a few of the old Real Audio tracks we did. Me Murder, Nevasoba and Reaper187. A few others also. Fun memories.

DoomzdayzV

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wow...don't know if you guys are still on this site but I was FMLxVirus. I was bored and wondered if there were any remains on the web of those AOL days. I have a CD with a few of the old Real Audio tracks we did. Me Murder, Nevasoba and Reaper187. A few others also. Fun memories.

I remember u kid....u used to rap AND sing....you were real dope and I lost a battle to you back on the tail end of my online career.

DoomzdayzV

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

If I remember correctly u did a cut over the Wu Tang - Its Yourz beat....you nevasoba and Reaper .....post that up!!!

KStayReal

Rookie
Daps
If I remember correctly u did a cut over the Wu Tang - Its Yourz beat....you nevasoba and Reaper .....post that up!!!
FML Ain't nothing to F wit....lol I didnt get on tat one it was Murder n Nevasoba. I got to check my closet. I had downloaded real audio just to listen to them. LOL. Oh and I never really sang. I remember a track with Sarah...she could sing. I don't really rap anymore....I still will listen to instrumentals though. I cant stomach what is put out now for the masses.

Something I did a few years ago unfinished productions...

• Dap
Reactions: ADP